PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about getting a new hard drive

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Okay Hey Forum ,

I have an extremely small HDD and I was wondering , If I got a new one , got a transfer cable and did all the stuff needed , would I be able to download things I had on the other HDD that I deleted for free ?

Okay heres what happened , I had downloaded all the Fallout 3 DLC and I deleted it to make space and as you know you can re - download that stuff for free but I was wondering would I need to download this on the HDD I have now before I transfered data or would it be free from the 2nd HDD ?

Also Would it work with a USB rather than a Transfer Kit ?

Thanks in advance :)

SSJ3
04-25-2010, 12:00 PM
All you need it the account you downloaded it from and the xbox you downloaded it too.

Kamakazi Pear
04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
All you have to do is transfer licenses.

And yes, you can use a USB. I find it much better.

I had a 20GB HDD, then bought a Super Elite. I used a 16GB External HD, transferred everything from my 20GB onto it, and from the External HD onto my 250GB. It transferred all current DLC over with licenses, so I didn't even have to re-download things, or transfer licences.
And it only took 15 mins.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Okay so even if the DLCs are not in my possession atm it will transfer their licences ? okay and also will it transfer EVERYTHING on my current HDD including other profiles Gamer pics etc ?

Kamakazi Pear
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Okay so even if the DLCs are not in my possession atm it will transfer their licences ? okay and also will it transfer EVERYTHING on my current HDD including other profiles Gamer pics etc ?

Yeah, it'll transfer everything.
And yes, seeing as you paid for the DLC on your account, even if you don't physically have the DLCs right now, you can transfer licences and re-download them on another HD.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Alright thanks very much , Do Xbox . Com give transfer cables for free of=r in a bundle with a HDD ?

$RebelG
04-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I recently got a new 250gb hdd from amazon and it comes with a transfer cable and cd so that's all you need. Dead easy to use just follow the simple steps and it transfers everything from ur old hdd to your new one. Doesn't take very long either. And don't worry about downloading the dlc again because you can do it for free on the new hdd.

domn8rdom
04-25-2010, 04:38 PM
In my opinion, there is no need to buy a tranfer cables. Before the update I used the xbox 360s memory unit to just copy everything over to my new HDD.

Since the update you can use external HDD to transfer, which is way better then using that tiny memory unit and everything transfers.

I recommend saving your money and doing the transfer without the cables

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
In my opinion, there is no need to buy a tranfer cables. Before the update I used the xbox 360s memory unit to just copy everything over to my new HDD.

Since the update you can use external HDD to transfer, which is way better then using that tiny memory unit and everything transfers.

I recommend saving your money and doing the transfer without the cables

That makes sense but as $RebelG said they come with transfer cables and a Cd of some sort so I will look around thanks guys