PDA

View Full Version : Bronze, Silver and Gold question...

The Contender X
04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
What's the difference between them, I'm going to attempt the 1000 gamerscore over time, but what do you get extra if i get a gold medal instead of bronze.

Thanks

MACdanstaface
04-25-2010, 07:41 PM
The bronze/silver/gold difference for each medals will only count towards your "level" achievements (doesn't make a difference for the "get X medals" achievement whether the medal is bronze or gold).

You need 20 pts to get to the next level (20, 40, 60, and so on).

A bronze medal is worth 2 pts, silver 3, and gold 5 (I'm pretty sure, but you can still check).

Basically, 10 bronze medals are worth as many experience points as 4 gold. So if you're going for 1000G, and want to limit the number of games you buy, try to get all gold medals.
Someone else on the forum made the math, and you need 26 games at 15pts each to get to lvl. 20.

littlejay
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
it's less confusing imo if you say bronze= 2 points, silver +1 point, gold + 2 points
as for getting 20 medals for each type, its only 3 per game count.

linktriforce007
04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
it's less confusing imo if you say bronze= 2 points, silver +1 point, gold + 2 points
as for getting 20 medals for each type, its only 3 per game count.

Well, if you do really good from the get go, you obviously can get the silver/gold and skip the previous levels automatically. This might help; it helped me. While still partially incomplete, it is rather detailed.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ann6kq7uN6XKdFlkdmVWb3JTbjN5YWdNWUQxdmlod UE&hl=en

littlejay
04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
it's not confusing to me :p i was just trying to help clear it up for others :p
ive never played a lot of these old games (i started with sega genesis) so it was fairly tricky for me to get golds first thing with most games