PDA

View Full Version : is it possible...

mmartynn
04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
... to connect 2 xbox up to one internet connection, sign them both into live and find each other on live?/

im planing on using my 2nd xbox to try and get some of the lost planet achies, just me vs spare account on 2nd console. is it possible?

thanks in advance

Sampson
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeh, 'tis.

Madfrog0
04-25-2010, 08:28 PM
yes, me and my roommate do it, we play games all the time over live. on the same internet connect.

jamie1000013
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol when my cousin was playing and I was signed in aswell I followed him into parties when he joined them lol and I was on xbox live silver. Also when my cousin plays nazi zombies I can access the new maps without buying them lolz.

Madfrog0
04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
yea we both have gold.

Incompl33t
04-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, me and my brother both have an Xbox. You can both be in the same party as well and talk to each other on mics, as he's across the hall from me, and we both have the same friends, so we're usually in the same party.

Madfrog0
04-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, me and my brother both have an Xbox. You can both be in the same party as well and talk to each other on mics, as he's across the hall from me, and we both have the same friends, so we're usually in the same party.
thats what we do, almost the same thing

Lord Yamikage
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Lol when my cousin was playing and I was signed in aswell I followed him into parties when he joined them lol and I was on xbox live silver. Also when my cousin plays nazi zombies I can access the new maps without buying them lolz.

So long as 1st and the 2nd xbox is connected in one Modem box with one Gold Member and one Silver Member, then the Silver Member can play, chat, share, and everything as if its Gold Member?

My understanding is each Xbox need Gold Member Subscription, so....

Langeboy
04-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Question to people that do have two xbox's on one connection:
Is there more lag? Because I know that if your playing Xbox Live, any someone's, say on the computer, it becomes laggy. Is it the same for if someone else turns on their Xbox on the same internet connection?

Incompl33t
04-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Question to people that do have two xbox's on one connection:
Is there more lag? Because I know that if your playing Xbox Live, any someone's, say on the computer, it becomes laggy. Is it the same for if someone else turns on their Xbox on the same internet connection?

I had Xbox Live for several months before my brother got his Xbox, and when I hooked it up for him, the quality of my connection wasn't harmed. We play in the same game, and different games, and it's almost always perfect.

Aceman417
04-26-2010, 05:49 AM
I had Xbox Live for several months before my brother got his Xbox, and when I hooked it up for him, the quality of my connection wasn't harmed. We play in the same game, and different games, and it's almost always perfect.

But do you have a good internet connection and good internet?

Incompl33t
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
But do you have a good internet connection and good internet?

I'm no good at connection measurements and stuff like that, but my connection via laptop is almost always running at "54.0 Mbps", so I don't know. Considering I rarely lag unless it's the host, I guess it's good....

mmartynn
04-26-2010, 02:35 PM
on the lag topic: cus im in student flats, we only have upto 5mb speeds (tho usually i run at a 50mb, dunno why) would it lag as just me and a spare?

sleepydumbdude
04-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I used to have 2 xboxs hooked up on 8 mb internet and it didn't lag. Used it to play Left 4 Dead 1+2, Castle Crashers, Shadowrun, and Soul Calibur IV.
Also have streamed netflix to ps3 at the same time with no problem.

Herr Shaun
04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I used to have 2 xboxs hooked up on 8 mb internet and it didn't lag. Used it to play Left 4 Dead 1+2, Castle Crashers, Shadowrun, and Soul Calibur IV.
Also have streamed netflix to ps3 at the same time with no problem.
With only the two of you, it shouldn't lag any more than it already does for you (if it all). ;)