PDA

View Full Version : License transfer question.

Genesis x360a
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey guys,

Right so i redeemed a code for an arcade game on my alternate account while i was suspended from my main, can i use the License transfer thing so i can play it on my main because i heard from a freind that because i used a redeem code and didnt purchase it that i wont be able to play it on my main. If i can, can somebody explain how to do/use the transfer.

iKiddo
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes you can.

You have the account that it was redeemed on and the marketplace data is tied to the console.

Basically the most you will need to do is have the 2nd signed in or be connected to live and it should be working fine.

Starstrukk X360A
04-25-2010, 10:37 PM
License transfer doesn't transfer between gamertags, it transfers between consoles.

TacticalTodger
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
if it was downloaded on the same console as the main account it should work with your main gamertag.

E.G.

Account A is banned
Account B downloads on Account B's console

Acount A would like that download.
Account B logs into Account A's console and does the transferring rights
Account A can now access that DLC
Account B can still however acess that DLC on Console B as long as they are connected to the internet.

Burning Karma
04-26-2010, 01:00 AM
As long as the gamertag that originally downloaded it is signed in, your other gamertag(s) can access it. No license transfer as need. As GetStarstrukk said, that's between consoles, not gamertags.