PDA

View Full Version : will there be a viva pinata 3

ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com
04-26-2010, 02:23 AM
is there going to be another game? the game is fun and adictive, hope another is coming.

Forcewolv
05-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think there will be another viva pinata

GemGem86
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I hope there will be!!! I love it!!

Purant
05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
pretty unlikely but i hope they do :D

Panda84
05-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I see everywhere people saying that it's really unlikely, but why is that actually?

ippiki_ookami
05-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Probably would have heard about it by now.

missiloon
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
it would be great if there will be, I like this game.

Adwilif
05-15-2010, 07:53 AM
i myself wish there was another one.

collapsedbeef
05-16-2010, 05:18 AM
isn't trouble in paradise technically viva pinata 3? because of the mini games game that was released in between tip and the original.

missiloon
05-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't call that viva pinata 2, more like a spin off.

Aqua18
05-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Im not sure if this was a rumor or not but a few months ago i was in a party with a person who claimed he worked for Rare and he said they were working on a few games i asked him if there was a Viva Pinata coming out he said maybe. So if he was a legit Rare employee there may possibly be another Viva Pinata or Banjo Kazooie.

Skode
05-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Rare have been roped in to be one of the main companies in the testing and working with the new NATAL technology... its fair to say their hands are more than likely tied with that at the moment and as such im not sure we will see a Viva Pinata 3 anytime soon.

Smolesie
07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I would like to see some new pinatas and some new updates to this game,Ttis game is SO addictive though. But I doubt there will be another game, as I don't think there is much to add into the game? Unless people have any ideas? Possibly another alternate way of recruiting pinatas but I'm not really sure how. Regardless I would love a new game, this game is under-rated for how addictive and relaxing it is.

I also think a DLC for this game would be nice, maybe containing a new area to trap pinatas or just some new pinatas/items in general.

Also, somebody mentioned Rare are working with Project NATAL (Kinect now), so I guess there may be a possibility that a new viva pinata game could be released to work with Kinect, not really sure how it would work exactly but it just seems plausible. Either way, this game is amazing and I wouldn't be to bothered if the series finishes here and Rare continue with the spin-offs.

l.maciver
07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
i can see a viva pinata 3 being made sometime next year for Natal/Kinect but thats what i think is gonna happen, could be wrong.

party animals was just a spin-off, and made by a differant company i believe.

Hefti
09-01-2010, 07:30 AM
i can see a viva pinata 3 being made sometime next year for Natal/Kinect but thats what i think is gonna happen, could be wrong.

party animals was just a spin-off, and made by a differant company i believe.

Yes Party Animals was a spin off and made by some company called Krome Studios. Im just about done with TIP and would love to see another one besides Party Animals (i havent started that one yet.) Id really like to see a Giraffe in the next one too!

PrinceOfThralls
01-02-2011, 12:33 AM
i was really dissapoint with this game. at level 30 i almost threw it out of the windows because my garden was full of rowdys and pester all the time and there is no way to stop them. They destroyed everything and killed every pinata, it was a real pain. I then scanned all the best plants and pinata cards to gain fast level and focused on getting the dragonache. After going though living hell I finally got that egg and then pester was no more a problem, and I could finally buy a sword against the other assholes.

After all this I have to say I am not looking foreward to the third game. I think rare is dumb enough to make this mistake another time, and it ruins the entire game.

I mean, what would I do witout the pinata vision cards? Nothing, The rowdys with pester would kill me literally and I can't even fight back. this is so awesome I want to murder some Rare employess. I'm still mad at this shit.

Baihu1983
01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Remember reading an interview a little while back when someone from rare said they are giving the series a rest at the moment which is a good idea.

Barad
05-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I hope they make another one, loved the first one, about to start this pretty soon..hope my camera will read my laptop though..

Eludingkarma
06-20-2011, 12:52 AM
I can see them releasing another viva pinata for the kinect.

Walecs360
06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Rare's intentions are to focus only on Kinect, when they'll be annoyed of that and will decide to go back on their old IPs, they'll make probably Banjo-Kazooie 3, Conker 2 or Perfect Dark 2 and then Viva Pinata 3.

Siri
06-23-2011, 10:21 PM
It would be fun. But it would be for Kinect, like said.

bow512
06-27-2011, 06:51 AM
i hope an idea is to have saphari and water animal and plant one with all past things

Roxy_love
10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I really want them to make another Viva Pinata. I got so far through the game had an awesome looking garden and then I accidentally sold one of the most valuable pinata in my garden and when I backed out to the dashboard to try to stop it saving I corrupted the whole garden! Which had my dragonache in it as well. Sad times

Spitflare
12-21-2011, 09:03 PM
The brother of a friend of mine was a games tester for Rare in England early this year. At the time they didn't have anything planned or in development. Hopefully they've changed their minds and got something on the go with VP3.

presidiodelux
12-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Viva Pinata would be the perfect game to integrate with Kinect.

* Clueless *
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Viva Pinata would be the perfect game to integrate with Kinect.

I agree.
But I also think it's a bit too complicated. Viva is simple once you've mastered the controls, but Rare would have to get really creative to make it work well with a Kinect.

Hydrocannon
05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I was interested in how someone posted in this recently and look who I find ^. But wouldn't Kinect functionality be like card scans, pictures with your pinata, and maybe gestures to change tools or something like hotkeys. Instead of needing Kinect, how about enhanced by kinect.

P.S. I love how this thread has lived through like 2-3 years.

Edit: This is like the only simulation type on the Xbox- that's this rich and filling.

True.Mister.Six
06-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I was interested in how someone posted in this recently and look who I find ^. But wouldn't Kinect functionality be like card scans, pictures with your pinata, and maybe gestures to change tools or something like hotkeys. Instead of needing Kinect, how about enhanced by kinect.

P.S. I love how this thread has lived through like 2-3 years.

Edit: This is like the only simulation type on the Xbox- that's this rich and filling.

Let's keep it going!

I'd love a new Viva Piņata - I was totally addicted to it and felt it had real depth.

Someone should send a link to Rare to show that there is still a sub-culture of Piņata love going on. (errr... Maybe that came out a little wrong!)

Pinata lover
06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
I want to get another viva pinata game i even made up some pinatas and ideas:

The next viva pinata could be called "pinata island travels" (PIT), because you meet all the different types of terrains in the island, dessert desert, pinartic, microcave and pinata channel.

You could make a proper bridge, that goes OVER a river (mentioned later)
so salt water creatures go under the bridge and ground creatures go over the bridge.

Bigger gardens, yep bigger gardens. The size of the garden is perfect for a family of mousemallows and bunnycombs, but the size of the garden is like a raisant for an adult chocolodocus and an adult dragonache put together.

There Ocean should be called the Pinata channel (english channel). All sea creatures could go on land, but not swimming on it, crawling on it.

Also you can add a griffin, (when a eaglair and a roreo mate)that can be called gruffin (griffin-muffin).
And when a quackberry and sweetooth mate, they make a platypie (platypus-pie). If you want to see what a platypie could look like, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kRaYbP5AY&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=cFkRaYbP5AY&NR=1) and skip until 4:27
And a pegasus (which is made from a chewnicorn and a buzzenge) that is called a popasus (pegasus-popcorn)
For crossbreeding maybe willy gets a new special biulding, a breeding cave.

Also for a cave, that have underground pinatas (whirlms, profitamoles, etc.) and call the cave microcave (microwave):drunk.

They can also add a new pack called hieght pack, make a large mountain or a vally, that adds new mountain flowers, and a cute goat (which probably can be evolved by a goomba). when a valley is placed beside water, it creates a river:Bounce:.

Also a salt pack, when salt is put in water, the water is turned greenish so you can have water pinatas and water plants. when put on land, a puddle is made, and you can plant water plants in these puddles.

Ruffians, as you probably know, is a red masked thing with no purpose but destroy your garden. That is why i thought that the ruffians can be tamed. When you tame a ruffian it turns into a worker and then that worker is unlocked. The tame requirements depend on who the worker is (if it is sprinkling, you need a specific number of flowers to tame it, if it is a diggerling, you might need a profitamole or something etc.)

Now a couple of pinatas i want in the game:

Evolutions:

Pheonixinnamon (pheonix-cinnamon), evolved from a candary getting to close to volcano leaking lava (mentioned in decorative section) and setting on fire, then watering it (like a taffly, except its a candary and volcano)
Licorat (rat-licorice), evolved from a mousmallow eating seaweed (mentioned later).
Sweet tooth tigermisu (Saber tooth tiger-sweet, tiramisu), evolved from a tigermisu eating a pre-flower (mentioned later)
Mammothanilla (mammoth-vanilla), evolved from a elephanilla eating a pre-fruit (mentioned later)
Sweet tooth squazzil (saber tooth squirrel-sweet, swizzle stick), evolved from a squazzil eating a pre-vegetable (mentioned later)

Short grass pinatas:

Canda (panda-candy)
Mintipede (centipede-mint,this is a sour pinata)
Lemonur (lemur-lemon)

Long grass pinatas:

Crickmint (cricket-mint)
slotherry (sloth-berry
antsweeter (anteater-sweet) or raisanteater (anteater-raisan)

Desert pinata:

Cornbra (cobra-corn)

Water pinatas:

White fishberry (fish-strawberry) fishes could be like flutterscotches, they start white and change colour when fed things
Pistarchio (starfish-pistachio)
Cockwhale (whale-cocktail)
Sharkie (shark-smartie, this is a sour pinata), if you want to see what a sharkie could look like, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kRaYbP5AY&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=cFkRaYbP5AY&NR=1) and skip it until 4:53
Octofee (octopus-toffee or coffee i don't know)
Jellymel (jellyfish-caramel), could also be called jellymelly

Bird pinata:

Tacon (toucan-taco)
Flamango (flamingo-mango, this is a sour pinata)

Soil pinatas

chocoroach (cockroach-chocolate)
termint (termite-mint)

Now for plants:

Flower:
Bamboo
Seaweed (planted in salt water)
Coral (planted in salt water)
Different coloured roses (yellow, blue, black etc.)
Pre-flower, flowerhead looks like a orange octagon

Bushes and trees:

Strawberry bush (when tinkered turns into strawberry shake)
Rasberry bush
Grape bush (when tinkered turns into wine)
cocoa bean tree (when tinkerd turns into hot chocolate or chocolate shake)
Chewing gum tree
pre-tree a pre-historical tree that gives you a pre-fruit (a diamond shaped fruit in orange)

Vegetables:

Potato
Tomato
Cabbage
Pre-vegetable (grows like a yam but looks like a orange triangle)

Produce:

Egg (willy could get a specail building that lets the cluckles lay an egg), when tinkered turned into english breakfast.
Cheese (I know it is already in the game, but it costs alot of time and coins to get a cheesecake)

Decorative things;

Fences and Gates:
wired gate
picked gate (the white fence)
dirt fence and gate (you can probably change the terrain of the dirt)
metal fence and gate

Garden items:
Volcano that is leaking lava
waterfall
couple of different shaped rocks
a poisonous lake with a tipped over toxic can beside
toilet

Achievements:

Ice age director (50g): evolve a tigermisu, elephanilla and squazzil and have a slotherry

True.Mister.Six
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I want to get another viva pinata game i even made up some pinatas and ideas:

The next viva pinata could be called "pinata island travels" (PIT), because you meet all the different types of terrains in the island, dessert desert, pinartic, microcave and pinata channel.

You could make a proper bridge, that goes OVER a river (mentioned later)
so salt water creatures go under the bridge and ground creatures go over the bridge.

Bigger gardens, yep bigger gardens. The size of the garden is perfect for a family of mousemallows and bunnycombs, but the size of the garden is like a raisant for an adult chocolodocus and an adult dragonache put together.

There Ocean should be called the Pinata channel (english channel). All sea creatures could go on land, but not swimming on it, crawling on it.

Also you can add a griffin, (when a eaglair and a roreo mate)that can be called gruffin (griffin-muffin).
And when a quackberry and sweetooth mate, they make a platypie (platypus-pie). If you want to see what a platypie could look like, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kRaYbP5AY&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=cFkRaYbP5AY&NR=1) and skip until 4:27
And a pegasus (which is made from a chewnicorn and a buzzenge) that is called a popasus (pegasus-popcorn)
For crossbreeding maybe willy gets a new special biulding, a breeding cave.

Also for a cave, that have underground pinatas (whirlms, profitamoles, etc.) and call the cave microcave (microwave):drunk.

They can also add a new pack called hieght pack, make a large mountain or a vally, that adds new mountain flowers, and a cute goat (which probably can be evolved by a goomba). when a valley is placed beside water, it creates a river:Bounce:.

Also a salt pack, when salt is put in water, the water is turned greenish so you can have water pinatas and water plants. when put on land, a puddle is made, and you can plant water plants in these puddles.

Ruffians, as you probably know, is a red masked thing with no purpose but destroy your garden. That is why i thought that the ruffians can be tamed. When you tame a ruffian it turns into a worker and then that worker is unlocked. The tame requirements depend on who the worker is (if it is sprinkling, you need a specific number of flowers to tame it, if it is a diggerling, you might need a profitamole or something etc.)

Now a couple of pinatas i want in the game:

Evolutions:

Pheonixinnamon (pheonix-cinnamon), evolved from a candary getting to close to volcano leaking lava (mentioned in decorative section) and setting on fire, then watering it (like a taffly, except its a candary and volcano)
Licorat (rat-licorice), evolved from a mousmallow eating seaweed (mentioned later).
Sweet tooth tigermisu (Saber tooth tiger-sweet, tiramisu), evolved from a tigermisu eating a pre-flower (mentioned later)
Mammothanilla (mammoth-vanilla), evolved from a elephanilla eating a pre-fruit (mentioned later)
Sweet tooth squazzil (saber tooth squirrel-sweet, swizzle stick), evolved from a squazzil eating a pre-vegetable (mentioned later)

Short grass pinatas:

Canda (panda-candy)
Mintipede (centipede-mint,this is a sour pinata)
Lemonur (lemur-lemon)

Long grass pinatas:

Crickmint (cricket-mint)
slotherry (sloth-berry
antsweeter (anteater-sweet) or raisanteater (anteater-raisan)

Desert pinata:

Cornbra (cobra-corn)

Water pinatas:

White fishberry (fish-strawberry) fishes could be like flutterscotches, they start white and change colour when fed things
Pistarchio (starfish-pistachio)
Cockwhale (whale-cocktail)
Sharkie (shark-smartie, this is a sour pinata), if you want to see what a sharkie could look like, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kRaYbP5AY&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=cFkRaYbP5AY&NR=1) and skip it until 4:53
Octofee (octopus-toffee or coffee i don't know)
Jellymel (jellyfish-caramel), could also be called jellymelly

Bird pinata:

Tacon (toucan-taco)
Flamango (flamingo-mango, this is a sour pinata)

Soil pinatas

chocoroach (cockroach-chocolate)
termint (termite-mint)

Now for plants:

Flower:
Bamboo
Seaweed (planted in salt water)
Coral (planted in salt water)
Different coloured roses (yellow, blue, black etc.)
Pre-flower, flowerhead looks like a orange octagon

Bushes and trees:

Strawberry bush (when tinkered turns into strawberry shake)
Rasberry bush
Grape bush (when tinkered turns into wine)
cocoa bean tree (when tinkerd turns into hot chocolate or chocolate shake)
Chewing gum tree
pre-tree a pre-historical tree that gives you a pre-fruit (a diamond shaped fruit in orange)

Vegetables:

Potato
Tomato
Cabbage
Pre-vegetable (grows like a yam but looks like a orange triangle)

Produce:

Egg (willy could get a specail building that lets the cluckles lay an egg), when tinkered turned into english breakfast.
Cheese (I know it is already in the game, but it costs alot of time and coins to get a cheesecake)

Decorative things;

Fences and Gates:
wired gate
picked gate (the white fence)
dirt fence and gate (you can probably change the terrain of the dirt)
metal fence and gate

Garden items:
Volcano that is leaking lava
waterfall
couple of different shaped rocks
a poisonous lake with a tipped over toxic can beside
toilet

Achievements:

Ice age director (50g): evolve a tigermisu, elephanilla and squazzil and have a slotherry

Wow! Clearly you've put a lot of thought into this.

Piņata Lover by name, Piņata Lover by nature.

I really like some of the ideas in there - well done. Have you mailed your thoughts to Rare to put in the suggestion box?

Pinata lover
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Wow! Clearly you've put a lot of thought into this.

Piņata Lover by name, Piņata Lover by nature.

I really like some of the ideas in there - well done. Have you mailed your thoughts to Rare to put in the suggestion box?

Thanks, I love this game and i want my ideas to be in the next game, but i dont know how to send it.

Meerkitkat (meerkat-kitkat)
Applope [or appelope] (antelope-apple)

flutterscotches:
Golden flutterscotch (eats a golden rose)
Rainbow flutterscotch (eats every gem fruit [red, yellow, green, blue and purple])

fishberry:
red: apple
Orange: orange
Yellow: banana
Green: gooseberry
Blue: blueberry
Pink: chewing gum (mentioned before in my other post)
Purple: nightshade berry
Brown: Hazulnut
Black: blackberry
Golden: golden apple (tinkered from golden rose)
Rainbow: rainbow gem

Jordun
09-09-2012, 09:56 PM
These games were so much fun when i played them back in the day! They are totally discredited in my opinion. Most definitely do not get the recognition Rare deserves. If i played this now i would be labelled more than likely as a faggot or a puff haha.. But it was so fun! i'd never be able to advise or convince my friends to play this, even though they'd enjoy it

I'd look forward to a viva pinata 3, Even if they only added on a few things i still liked the whole concept of it! a new game means more people will play online, & i use to spend a lot of time visiting amazing gardens haha (sounds sad i know) but it was fun :}

MrsBobLoblaw
09-20-2012, 07:57 PM
I'd like there to be another, but I think it might be a long shot. The first 2 were great, but too similar, especially considering how quickly the sequel was released.

CrazyCatLady
02-15-2013, 12:21 AM
I think another would be popular, I'd certainly play it. Sure I think my friends would mock me for it but there's something about the colours and the game play that's so soothing! I do think there's a niche in the market for this kind of game that Rare would be wise to exploit.

CrAzYnEsS
03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
They definitely need to make a 3rd one and it needs more water animals.

It would be awesome if they added in
Seagulls
Pelicans
Bullshark
Octopus
Squid
Flounder
Lobster
Crawfish
Clownfish
Yellowtang
White tip reef shark
Great White
Tiger shark
Killer Whale
Dolphins
Bass
ETC......

They would have to enlarge the garden size by at least 10x and have to add deep water effects. But hey doesn't everyone want that anyways?

MORTO hi
03-24-2013, 01:42 AM
One of the few sequels I actually want.

sithewok
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
It would be awesome to see a Viva Pinata sequel. Can you imagine how good a next gen Viva Pinata could look? Unfortunately, I think it's a series that Rare/Microsoft have left behind.

sithewok
05-22-2013, 02:58 PM
So, yesterday, during the xbox one reveal, there was a glimpse of a game where a sparkling cursor was placing a fence on a green hill. Did anyone else notice this? Did it remind anyone else of vp?

Eric B14
05-31-2013, 04:41 AM
So, yesterday, during the xbox one reveal, there was a glimpse of a game where a sparkling cursor was placing a fence on a green hill. Did anyone else notice this? Did it remind anyone else of vp?

If they were making VP3 for XBone I would consider getting one. Hopefully the gardens could be like 3x bigger than they are now.

ZombieFan
05-31-2013, 04:53 AM
What is so good about this game? Anyone care to enlighten me because all I ever see people anywhere else do is tell others to go to this game as it is a 'baby game'. I assumed it was for children and left it alone ever since.

I genuinely want to know, not trying to start an argument.

Eric B14
05-31-2013, 07:31 AM
What is so good about this game? Anyone care to enlighten me because all I ever see people anywhere else do is tell others to go to this game as it is a 'baby game'. I assumed it was for children and left it alone ever since.

I genuinely want to know, not trying to start an argument.

I like it becuase it's very relaxing to come home after a long day and play this game.

ZombieFan
05-31-2013, 06:14 PM
I like it becuase it's very relaxing to come home after a long day and play this game.
Doesn't really explain the appeal but okay....

Eric B14
06-01-2013, 04:29 AM

I actually don't really know what the appeal is, it's just an easy game to sit and play for a few hours.

AIRSTRICKEN
06-24-2013, 03:31 AM
I think everybody that loves this game should send something to rare about putting time to this game. It's fantastic. I would love to see a third installment and I am sure you all would! WE need to band together to make it happen. If they see enough of us want it then they will do it!!!!

Hosscat
08-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Hopefully that was a glimpse of a third vp, but im guessing, with the fence and all it may have been zoo tycoon.

Grummy
11-19-2014, 12:40 AM

On the off chance you ever come back to read this....

Visually, yes, it's a child friendly game, bright colours, happy music, no blood or any such things.

However, if you took this game and made it 'adult' you would basically have a wildlife rearing and garden building game.

Granted, it doesn't sound fun, but what makes it fun is that it is so incredibly detailed. Even though it's dressed up as a kids game, the number of things you have to monitor, the number of things you have to do to complete your goals is, frankly, way beyond young children.

If this were an adult game, you would be tasked with breeding animal species then releasing them to zoos and wildlife sanctuaries for rewards, to breed them you would have to complete certain other tasks first. Because you can house virtually any animal at all, you have to either monitor what you have in your garden or segregate them, if you don't, you would have issues of lions killing and eating antelopes (such things actually happen in this game).

To put it another way, you're god and you've been given an open location where any animal can visit and live, your job is to rear them, whilst making sure they don't kill other species, then release them into the wild when they're numerous enough to survive. It's a zoology and agriculture game as there is equal amounts of work put in to growing plants and trees then cultivating them.

In many ways, it sounds boring, but it's the presentation that makes it work. Because it's presented as a childs game, there is an innocent charm to it, but more than that, it allows what would be ludicrous ideas in an adult version to be perfectly acceptable gameplay in this. Things like adding fertilizer to grow trees to the biggest heights to get more fruit to feed to certain animals to make them stay/breed/change colour.

Essentially, the draw is that it's a strategy sim. Your objective is to complete challenges, level up and attract bigger and better pinata. Completing all the challenges just gives you some direction as you play. It's incredibly fun, if you like that sort of game.