PDA

View Full Version : How do I block friend requests on XBL?

Ozbaab
04-26-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm tired of random people wanting to be my friend. How do I block incoming requests? I've looked everywhere but can't find anything. Surely there must be a way..

Darkness Master
04-26-2010, 07:57 AM
if you mean block anyone from sending you a request, i don't think you can. but you can block communications from each individual person when they send you the request.

Lord Yamikage
04-26-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm tired of random people wanting to be my friend. How do I block incoming requests? I've looked everywhere but can't find anything. Surely there must be a way..

If you're getting FR from this website, write it in big red letter in your sig "I DO NOT TAKE RANDOM FRIEND REQUEST [without message/reason/etc]". Number of member have that sign on their sig, and I think it's really smart idea.

Ozbaab
04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Ok, I meant on Xbox Live, not on this website but thanks anyway :)

I see, darn. Thanks :)

Sly Toad
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Ok, I meant on Xbox Live, not on this website but thanks anyway :)
I think he meant that people from this website are sending you FR on XBL.

domn8rdom
04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
I leave them in limbo. Dont accept or deny. And after awhile people just delete the request themselves. I did deny them then they would just send another FR haha. Blocking communication is probably simpler (is that even a word?)

Lord Yamikage
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM
I think he meant that people from this website are sending you FR on XBL.

:whs

Sorry for not clarifying the post.

Ozbaab
04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Oh right! Thanks for the tips

Steve50013
04-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh right! Thanks for the tips

Change your gamertag and don't tell anyone.

Stufin135
04-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Change your gamertag and don't tell anyone.
Or delete your account ;).

siamese snake
04-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Fill up your friends list then no one can send you anymore requests.simple.

Mr DDT
04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Or theres a setting where it blocks everyone what aint on your F/L

Vonzipper
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Or theres a setting where it blocks everyone what aint on your F/L

That's not really helpful if there is someone who isn't a random trying to be his friend.

I didn't know random friend requests were that common! I don't get any, Lol :p

Stufin135
04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
That's not really helpful if there is someone who isn't a random trying to be his friend.

I didn't know random friend requests were that common! I don't get any, Lol :p
They are, and they are very annoying. They add you, you accept and then send them a message saying "Hey why you add me?" and they reply "I didn't you added me". It is so frustrating, especially when you are online when they send the request so you have made the turn around in about 1 minute :p.

Infection Ftw
04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Well the way to avoid FR's is to fill your list so no-one can invite you. And if you don't want to add the person then go to the message and press x to delete it. You don't have to go to the invite and decline it.

$RebelG
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah there's no way you can stop getting them from everyone from what I know. But if you keep getting them and don't want them instead of declining each one, when it pops up in your messages just press X and they will be deleted.

I know how you feel about getting FR's and then sending a message asking who they are and why they added you and then come up with ''don't know you, just wanted to add you'' kinda deal. Its frustrating.

DivineBadger
04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Actually I remember you could, did you check your privacy settings?