PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 PC help please!

Stealth David
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Right I downloaded fallout 3 PC from direct to drive UK and everything is fine but when I come to play it a error comes up with "Faild to initilize renderer hardware T&L not supported by adapter".

I was told this is something to do with my video card but the thing is I am only wanting to play this game so I can get the easy 1550 on it so I don't care how bad it plays all I need to do is get the command bar up so I can get the gamerscore.

A friend of mine told me there might be away to trick your computer into not checking your video card and to just load the game anyone know how to do this or anything else I can try? I really don't want to waste the 30 on this.....

Please reply or send a Friend request to my gametag if you want to talk me through it if that would be easier?

GT: Stealth David

PS Thanks I will owe you big time if you get this working for me.....

Method
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not aware of any trick to get around that error. You will need a new graphics card to play that game. With your new graphics card you'll probably need a new power supply for your computer too. Sorry for the bad news.

Stealth David
04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm not aware of any trick to get around that error. You will need a new graphics card to play that game. With your new graphics card you'll probably need a new power supply for your computer too. Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks It just really sucks my PC's not that bad I can play all the Red Alert games fine this sucks...

kiskit
04-27-2010, 02:55 AM
i am playing the pc version now on a crappy vista gateway where it says the game minimum needs to be graphics at least 4.3, best option 4.8 i think yet my pc is 3.9 for all this vista experience (mainly graphics). had no prob downloading the original game not the goty.

all i had to do was when it said during download that my gaming experience wouldnt be the best or however they worded to click a button where it would automatically arrange it for quality that my pc can accept. seriously the only major difference i can notice is sometimes baddies will be shooting me from a distance before i can even see what it is even out in open areas. i do not really care, cuz i also am just trying to get the gamerscore, again.

now i tried to download a new goty version & it will play thedisc one which is original game and i get error messages on downloading the second disc which is what i need for the downloads.

so i think i will sell my goty version and use the games for windows to buy the downloads each separately.

have you accessed the games for windows where you can use MS points to buy the pc downloads for other games?

not sure if any of this will help but there it is...