PDA

View Full Version : I need tips: Survival Gold for Asteroids is kicking my ass...

MisterGuyMan
04-27-2010, 03:06 AM
This one is definitely the hardest medal so far. I gotten 3 golds from my other 15 games and this lone silver is screwing up my otherwise perfect medal standings. Even Battlantis, Finalizer and Centipede, which were hard, are nowhere close to this.

Any tips are welcome. My closest is 5:55. That sounds like I'm close but breaking 5 minutes is so rare for me and my timer says I've been playing the game for 6 hours already. I already do the trick with leaving a tiny asteroid at the end to get extra time.

MACdanstaface
04-27-2010, 11:00 AM
This one is definitely the hardest medal so far. I gotten 3 golds from my other 15 games and this lone silver is screwing up my otherwise perfect medal standings. Even Battlantis, Finalizer and Centipede, which were hard, are nowhere close to this.

Any tips are welcome. My closest is 5:55. That sounds like I'm close but breaking 5 minutes is so rare for me and my timer says I've been playing the game for 6 hours already. I already do the trick with leaving a tiny asteroid at the end to get extra time.

It was the toughest gold medal I got - Battlantis was a pain in the ass, but nothing compared to Asteroids. Can't give you that many tips... Just got to practice. I imagine you'll get it eventually (if you got the gold point buster, it means you're pretty close...).
The one tip I can give you is just to play the game normally. I started out by just leaving one small asteroid and trying to wait it off, but it doesn't work so well 'cause in the end the spaceship gets real aggressive and you'll end up losing a life.

BTW: have you played Super Cobra? I heard that one was pretty hard too. I was thinking of getting it, but I don't want to get another game like Asteroids where you end up playing 3+ hours to get all gold.

MisterGuyMan
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I finally got it a while ago and forgot to respond. I do have Super Cobra. After Asteroids I decided that 3 golding everything wasn't worth it. 3 golding Super Cobra is definitely hard but now I just aim for 10 points/game. If you've been getting 3 golds/game like me then you should be close enough to level 20 that you can be a little sloppy. I just want to 1000 this game already so now I'm just waiting for new themes.