PDA

View Full Version : District 9 Sequel Heating Up?

B1GM13
04-27-2010, 08:43 AM
The highly anticipated sequel to District 9 (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/142/14216040.html) will reportedly happen sooner than later, with the project said to currently be in pre-production.

MarketSaw (http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2010/04/exclusive-weta-update-mortal-engines-in.html) claims that the tentatively titled District 10 will shoot around this October in South Africa and New Zealand. They also say Peter Jackson (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/912/912159.html) will be back to produce and Neill Blomkamp (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/912/912731.html) to direct.

Sony Pictures had no official comment on the report, but sources involved with the first film tend to think the report is untrue. Production company QED International had not yet replied to our call for confirmation or denial at time of publish.

Source - IGN.com

HarperBird
04-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Bad news wish they just left it and not make a sequel!

KFZ Scrubs
04-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Well.... i felt a sequel was inevitable after the first one. I mean, he said he'd be back in 3 years, so that'd be cool if the sequel happened three years to the day the movie was released.... pure awesomeness.
Also, why district 10?
I hope that it has something to do with the movie and they're just moving the number up by one.

ThrawnOmega
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I loved the original. I have a feeling if the original crew returns, a sequel would also be fantastic.

HarperBird
04-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Well.... i felt a sequel was inevitable after the first one. I mean, he said he'd be back in 3 years, so that'd be cool if the sequel happened three years to the day the movie was released.... pure awesomeness.
Also, why district 10?
I hope that it has something to do with the movie and they're just moving the number up by one.

That would be pretty cool being back 3 years to the day!

The reason i think it is going to be called district 10 is because its where the aliens were being moved to in district 9 it was mentioned several times!

LMC1
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
It was obvious that they would make a sequal called District 10. Been awaiting a release date for this since I watched the first one. Absolutely loved it! Looking forward to the release of District 10 :woop:

Purge
04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the camp that the prawns were being moved to was called District 10. :p

FOOK MAN! FOOKIN PRAWNS.

Tussell
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Definitely interested in seeing this. I bought in on Blu-ray and I absolutely loved it! After seeing it at home, I'm really upset I didn't go to the theater to see it.

DevilMaster18
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
The first one should be a Halo film... Dam them changed it! Still, i think it's great they're adding a sequel :)

Tussell
04-27-2010, 05:00 PM
The first one should be a Halo film...
That's what everyone is saying, but I just don't see it. I've been a fan of Halo since the initial release of Halo: Combat Evolved too. I just don't get it. I think people love Halo too much that they see it in absolutely everything.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-27-2010, 05:14 PM
The first one should be a Halo film... Dam them changed it! Still, i think it's great they're adding a sequel :)
Yea-no. Haha.

That's what everyone is saying, but I just don't see it. I've been a fan of Halo since the initial release of Halo: Combat Evolved too. I just don't get it. I think people love Halo too much that they see it in absolutely everything.
I agree. I have a few friends that are obsessed with Halo. Constantly talking about it saying how this should play out like Halo etc... It gets annoying.

And as for the sequel. It was inevitable. I for one will be seeing it when it comes out.

StolenPaper18
04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I agree. I have a few friends that are obsessed with Halo. Constantly talking about it saying how this should play out like Halo etc... It gets annoying.

And as for the sequel. It was inevitable. I for one will be seeing it when it comes out.

Words of truth.

I thought District 9 was amazing. Hopefully they will keep it up and not ruin the sequel. All we can do is wait and see! I will definitely be seeing it in theaters.

Tussell
04-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I will definitely be seeing it in theaters.
I plan on seeing it in theaters as well, especially since I was stupid enough to pass up seeing the first one in theaters, just to find out I absolutely loved it!

DevilMaster18
04-27-2010, 10:47 PM

I am a huge Halo fan i must admit. But, i remember there was so much rumour of Peter Jackson is (or helping) developing a Halo film but he wouldn't confirm if it's true or not so the fans were deceived that he was but then it turned out to be District 9. It was a huge let down, not District 9 was bad or any sort (it was rather good - went cinema to see it but it wasn't to be a Halo film, but enjoyed it thoroughly), it's just us - the Halo fans were expecting a Halo film after all these years, they made book, anime, games now they just need a film.

I've read news and initially it was suppose to be a Halo film but they replaced it with District 9 instead. I'm not sure how far they've went in starting making Halo and scrapping it thereafter but i do know they tried (i forgot reason why the canned it). What i think is, they tried making it but it just doesn't seem like the game at all, maybe give it to James Cameron, he's imaginative and is very good with CGI movies.

kcarruthers
04-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I loved District 9. I can't wait for this sequel.