PDA

View Full Version : The New Look of TMNT

B1GM13
04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
So there's going to be a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, probably in 2011 or 2012, though we haven't really had an official confirmation on the details of the thing -- not even if it's going to be animated, CGI or live-action. But a new leaked image may be giving us an idea of the direction the project is going... the creepy, elderly direction, as it were.

Latino Review (http://www.latinoreview.com/news/1st-look-at-new-ninja-turtle-9812) has the shot, which reportedly arrived in their inbox with no explanation recently. So take this as a big fat rumor story at the moment. Check it out:

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/108/1086122/TMNT_1272313831.jpg (http://www.latinoreview.com/news/1st-look-at-new-ninja-turtle-9812)

LR spoke to the co-creator of the Turtles, Peter Laird (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/142/14279568.html), back in 2009. He said at the time that the plan seemed to be to do a live-action shoot with Turtle suits and to then add digital faces in post, ala Where the Wild Things Are. He also seemed to think that a "Batman Begins reboot" approach was the direction the project was headed in. Of course.

Source - IGN.com

jtr1gg3r
04-27-2010, 08:58 AM
wow that looks weird lol

the last film wasnt that good anyway, the older one is and the cartoons, but if it stays as "TMNT" then i'll pass

ApochWeiss
04-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Me no likey!!!

ok, so, basically they are stealing from two franchises then? They're taking the turtles and putting them in that Dark Knight reboot while also ripping off the rumored Ghost Busters III script where they're older and train the rookies. AWESOME!

Actually, that's a stretch. I just want them to go back to the way things were with the first TMNT live action film. It was dark, had a great story, and the actors in the suits moved so fluidly that the turtles looked like they were real. I can see this film going off in various ways, but, if it's gonna be a reboot...why older turtles?

Nozza XBA
04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
WTF is that?!

I never watched the last one as it looked really childish! I did watch the originals as I was young then but what the hell is this?

TMNT: Retirement Days - Coming to a cinema near you! <-- If this is true Master Spliter would probably look like a shrivled old ball bag.

milecoupe
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I liked everything even the last one but this one if this is true looks ummm werid..

CodSteaks
04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
don't think it looks horrible, really depends how expressive they can make them and how the voices are. if i remember right, the original tmnt comics were pretty realistic and hardcore, then the shows and toys came out and made it a kids thing. if they made it hardcore again, i wouldn't mind.

Tussell
04-27-2010, 02:43 PM
You guys do realize that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was originally a pretty dark and graphic comic before it ended up being advertised towards children... Right? They also were all red, rather than being color coded as orange, blue, red, and purple. I'm actually looking forward to this, as it should be pretty interesting.

KFZ Scrubs
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
It looks weird as hell to me, but if it's anything like the old one.... i'll probably like it. I just recently watched the second one... and i loved it all loved it all over again.
:D

Gorilla Stomper
04-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Fail. They look like fucking dinosaurs.

A Satyr
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Realistic TMNT FTW!!! wait what?.... Agree with Tuss on this tho

Tussell
04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Realistic TMNT FTW!!! wait what?.... Agree with Tuss on this tho
Yeah man, this looks awesome. I mean, don't get me wrong, the original films were awesome, and will always be classics, however, seeing advertisements for the animated one that was very recent, didn't really grab my attention, and I have yet to see it.

This, however, looks awesome!

Massa Siggy
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Jesus Christ, it looks geriatric.

ApochWeiss
04-27-2010, 04:46 PM
You guys do realize that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was originally a pretty dark and graphic comic before it ended up being advertised towards children... Right? They also were all red, rather than being color coded as orange, blue, red, and purple. I'm actually looking forward to this, as it should be pretty interesting.

I'm not saying that this is gonna be a shitty movie in my post above. I use to read some of the comics. I think i still have two. I got into the turtles comics as a kid before anything else, I loved 'em. I've loved everything TMNT that has come out except the third film. I thought it was awful. but this...I dunno...can't really figure out if this will be kick ass or not by the above face. Could be god awful if done wrong.

StolenPaper18
04-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah man, this looks awesome. I mean, don't get me wrong, the original films were awesome, and will always be classics, however, seeing advertisements for the animated one that was very recent, didn't really grab my attention, and I have yet to see it.

This, however, looks awesome!

I'm going with Tussell on this one. Looks very interesting to me.

The picture of the mask/turtle head, looks awesome.

elephantd
04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
I would punch that thing in the face, if it ever came close to me.

Lord Yamikage
04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
I would punch that thing in the face, if it ever came close to me.

Amen. Doesn't look anything near turtle, and like Gorilla Stomper mentioned above, it look more like dinosaur. Look very weird! Didn't know TMNT was coming out in big-screen. Looking to see what they got to offer.

A Satyr
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Um that is what a turtle looks like, they dont have big pearly white smiles in real life...

http://www.underwater.com.au/content/8557/green_turtle.jpg
Just paint that green and add a few wrinkles for age

Death Metal Jim
04-28-2010, 02:49 AM

dude, have you looked at what the value of the first Turtles comic is? A mint condition first issue is worth $2,400.00. I bet part of the reason it's that high is because of how different they were portrayed at the time. They totally did a 180 degree turn when they started marketing them to our young childlike minds back then. Much like Sonic, i've been waiting for this franchise to grow with it's audience and not keep appealing so much to children who obviously have no attachment to it's history. Oh well, time will tell, but this could really turn out to be a great step foward in the Turtles history :)

DOOKH8R
04-28-2010, 02:52 AM

Yeah, I actually remember reading the comic around 1984-85. They were graphic and violent as hell. Badass

As to the movie, it better have Corey Feldman!

Ryan2099
04-28-2010, 03:07 AM
As much as I like re-living my childhood by watching new movies with characters from yesteryear, can Hollywood for once just let something die without trying to resurrect it and turning a quick buck?

I realize that TMNT was originally geared toward older, mature audiences but I will have a problem watching a "violent" version where Leonardo beheads somebody or Donatello sodomizes somebody with his bostaff. It's not because of the violence but because it's not how I want to remember TMNT. I wanna remember them as the fun loving, pizza eating guys that they are.

Maybe in the re-make Splinter can bite somebody and give them H1N1, or maybe the turtles can get some inter-species erotica going and run a train on April O'Neil. That might make me watch it.

:assHollywood

rvlution
04-28-2010, 03:26 AM
That kind of looks disgusting. How about we stop with the reboots?

Tussell
04-28-2010, 06:41 AM
...or maybe the turtles can get some inter-species erotica going and run a train on April O'Neil...
Man, the amount of money I'd pay to finally see that. :p

Fonkey Monkey
04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
I hate how they keep rebooting every five years when the first reboot fails. Aren't they already making a new Fantastic Four?

New ideas plz.

Lord Yamikage
04-28-2010, 07:47 AM
I hate how they keep rebooting every five years when the first reboot fails. Aren't they already making a new Fantastic Four?

New ideas plz.

I honestly don't mind reboot long as they're good. If I have to think positivity, each reboot would be different version. They're different from the previous, and deliver new touch, thrill, and whatever it may be. Unfortunately, this seem only a dream.

However, not all reboot seem to be a failure. One of the greatest success, The Batman (Begin & Dark Knight) blow the heads out of majority of the audience. Thank God, and Mr. Nolan and his team for pulling such successful reboot. Looking forward for Mr. Nolan's involvement in upcoming Superman film(s).

DeekBoy
04-28-2010, 07:53 AM
the originals rocked but this just looks weird!!!!

SSJ3
04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I hope they are trying to make them look older, I will probably see this when it comes out though...

Dustinator
04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Hmmmmmmm.....Looks interesting. I've never read any of the "original" comics. I grew up on the cartoon turtles that were marketed to the younger kids. I love the turtles and the newer CGI TMNT was okay. It had a lot of potential but just never capitalized on that I guess. So seeing this, makes me excited as an adult. I'm sure we'll see more info on the reboot for 2011 when Comic-Con comes in July. Glad I got my tickets! Hopefully I'll see something cool in regards to this in San Diego!!!

domn8rdom
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Um that is what a turtle looks like, they dont have big pearly white smiles in real life...

I agree. that thing looks exactly like a turtle. pretty realistic if you ask me but that wont make me watch this movie though haha

elephantd
04-29-2010, 01:12 AM
I see Megan Fox being April. They will have a ten min part of the movie of her just jogging a big fu to transformers.

Death Metal Jim
04-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I see Megan Fox being April. They will have a ten min part of the movie of her just jogging a big fu to transformers.

oh please god, no :mad:

here's to hoping they get an actual actress to play the part and not some brainless eye candy

Cav Clayton
04-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Man, the amount of money I'd pay to finally see that. :p
I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere...

OceanH
01-30-2014, 05:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dFh4HId.png

Michael Bay on set with scale models:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19e1ow6ut2g6zjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

bigbear2face
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Honestly, I expected worst after Transformers.

Nikke S
02-08-2014, 12:55 AM
oh god...:eek:

CrAzYnEsS
02-20-2014, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dFh4HId.png

Michael Bay on set with scale models:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19e1ow6ut2g6zjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

They actually don't look as bad as I was expecting.

teh SQiX
03-09-2014, 05:31 AM
I don't get why they need sunglasses but I was expecting far worse when it came to the designs especially with Bay in control of the property.

Darth VeX
03-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I don't get why they need sunglasses but I was expecting far worse when it came to the designs especially with Bay in control of the property.

At least they don't have wingsuits and carry explosives.

Only one of them is wearing sunglasses though, so that's good. Donatello's glasses look to be corrective ... which is stupid for a whole other reason.

teh SQiX
03-09-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm anxious for the trailer, supposed to debut with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I'm hoping its a full trailer and not some 20 sec teaser.

ace r0ckolla
03-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Maybe it's just the kid in me, refusing to grow up.. but i really don't like the way they look at all. They look kinda creepy.

Evo Kazz
03-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Massive Turtles Fan, and yes, It's Michael Bay...so it could go either way, but this trailer actually looks amazing I thought!

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Official Teaser Trailer - UK (HD) - YouTube

BooneJusticius
03-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Massive Turtles Fan, and yes, It's Michael Bay...so it could go either way, but this trailer actually looks amazing I thought!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA6Qmjxvdbc

I'm curious to see how it ends up being. The trailer was good.

Donatello has always been my favorite so as long as they dont' screw him up I'll be happy.

CrazyMv94
03-27-2014, 07:36 PM
If a trailer looks good just for the sake of it, you still can't trust it, especially if Michael Bay's name is stuck on it.

Remember the Transformers Revenge of the Fallen trailer? That is why you can't trust trailers from movies with Michael Bay involved.

As for the movie itself, aside Transformers 4, I have no hope for this one either. They've already fucked April O'Neil's character with a horrible actress who isn't even a redhead, worst when she'll be the main human character just like Shia was in Transformers since these movies follow more the main human characters than the lead source material characters, and the action already looks generic so, all hope is already gone.

Well at least the turtles aren't aliens like they were going to, but man they look ugly in this one, without the masks for the most part.

Shiftie
03-28-2014, 02:46 AM
Uh.. well I can see why the trailer got a rather lackluster response at Cinemacon because it DOES just look like another Michael Bay movie, just with giant turtle ninja instead of giant robots. Already shaping up to be another remnant of 80s cartoons that Bay will destroy. Thankfully we'll always have the original TMNT movies and the 1986 Transformers movie (and the cartoons/comics of course :p).

Akuza
03-28-2014, 03:37 AM
When the spire collapsed I thought it was just a rerun of something from amazing Spider-Man....

The trailer looks ok I suppose, I just hope this doesn't get screwed up, especially with the new origins story...

Inebriated Jedi
03-28-2014, 05:51 AM
The trailer was good.

https://kmpunksays.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/seinfeld.gif?w=830

Rapture639
03-29-2014, 04:35 AM
I hate to admit it but the trailer actually does look good. Is it reflective of how the actual movie will turn out? That's still to be determined, but the things that stood out to me were:

1) The turtles actually look pretty good. I didn't like the idea of an all CG turtles at first, and the initial concept art/designs looked terrible, but seeing it in action they do indeed look closer to turtles than the 90's ones, and they're much taller/bigger as well which is more in line with the comics and

2) There will be some good action scenes, which is kind of a given since it's a Michael Bay film, but I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of the story or character development. Again, we'll have to see the actual movie to make that call.

BiggD
03-29-2014, 06:19 PM
The turtles look cool but this movie will flop.

Not gonna bother ever watching it, myself.

Mogry
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
What bothers me more is that Shredder is some business man... and he is not even Japanese.. i mean seriously?

The actor had to be an asian bad ass japanese Martial Artist guy...not some regular business guy...

Just my opinion

twotonkoala
03-31-2014, 03:52 PM

Anyone else notice the date stamp on this comment?

This guy is good.

CrazyMv94
04-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Obligatory to share:

LickableLemons7
04-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Obligatory to share:
images

God bless Max Scoville.

http://i.imgur.com/UAujgcI.jpg

OceanH
06-24-2014, 08:38 PM
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Trailer #2 - YouTube

Darth VeX
06-24-2014, 11:27 PM
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Trailer #2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXFsrp6WBs)

It looks stupid as fuck ...

But then, what Michael Bay movie doesn't these days. I'm sure it will make $250mil at the box office, get dismal reviews, and yet still be a movie we all enjoy ... despite the fact that it looks about as good as a bowl of snot.

Rapture639
06-25-2014, 03:02 AM
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Trailer #2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXFsrp6WBs)

"So they're aliens?"

"No, that's stupid."

Loving the self-reference to original rumors of them being aliens for this movie. At least, I hope it was an intentional reference. You never know with these Bay films...

twotonkoala
06-25-2014, 03:20 PM
<sigh>

Michael Bay + Skrillex. Killing my poor childhood.

DaveCage
06-30-2014, 07:21 AM
So in the years since the Turtles have been in a movie what... they've done nothing but hit the gym? why do they look like roided up freaks, they are Ninja's as in agile and fluid in motion, dammit Michael Bay...

Takamura Bear
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Turtle Power Official DVD Release Trailer (2014) - TMNT Documentary HD - YouTube

Worth a watch, I guess.

OceanH
07-22-2014, 07:37 PM
TMNT Movie - Knock Knock - YouTube