One I'm happy not to 1000..

lukecharmander

The average it seems is 80-100 hours to get all of the achievements and that takes you through everything the game has to offer, which is not very long relatively speaking. Imagine trying to do a "perfect" file. Max Crystarium and CP, all missions 5*, all equips * inc. all 36 ultimate weapons, max gil, all items 99, all codex entries and bestiary entries full... I only bring that up to see your reaction if you think ~100 hours is "insane".

The average it seems is 80-100 hours to get all of the achievements and that takes you through everything the game has to offer, which is not very long relatively speaking. Imagine trying to do a "perfect" file. Max Crystarium and CP, all missions 5*, all equips * inc. all 36 ultimate weapons, max gil, all items 99, all codex entries and bestiary entries full... I only bring that up to see your reaction if you think ~100 hours is "insane".

Pfft. Perfect files are easy. Mine on Final Fantasy VII only took me around from around 12 years. :drunk

Pfft. Perfect files are easy. Mine on Final Fantasy VII only took me around from around 12 years. :drunk

Lol I got sick of the grind on Final Fantasy VII after about 3 years. :p

On Topic: Surely if you enjoy the game you will go for the 1000, because I for one play the games for enjoyment, achievements are a bonus plus I also like the challenge of going for them, and before you say that it's not a challenge because they are relatively easy to get its an endurance challenge. :) It took me 101 hours and I enjoyed them, some were frustrating but knowing how long it took, if I hadn't already 1000'd, I would still go for the 1000 in this game :)

In all fairness, you need to max out your Crystarium and five star all missions to get some of the achievements, which is what he's complaining about. I would never go so far as to max out my Gil and items to 99 in-stock, however.

In all fairness, you need to max out your Crystarium and five star all missions to get some of the achievements, which is what he's complaining about. I would never go so far as to max out my Gil and items to 99 in-stock, however.

That's true, however, in a normal play-through wouldn't you max your characters and 5* the missions even if there were no achievements involved? I mean, who plays a RPG without maxing out there characters out in a normal run? Maybe that's just me.

I look at it this way, it could be worse. It could be like Lost Odyssey (a favourite of mine this gen) and have a stupid achievement like... "collect every single item in the entire game", by comparrison, i think Treasure Hunter achievement from FFXIII is still easier, even though its incredibly time consuming. The rest of the FFXIII achievements aren't nearly as bad.

if you think 100 hours is long, then have fun getting to 10th prestige.

10th prestige doesn't even take AN HOUR. Just wait for a pipsqueak to send you a message saying he's hosting a 10th prestige lobby and give him 1600 microsoft points or 3 months of xbox live and you're set! HOORAY! :woop:

That's true, however, in a normal play-through wouldn't you max your characters and 5* the missions even if there were no achievements involved? I mean, who plays a RPG without maxing out there characters out in a normal run? Maybe that's just me.

Yeah, I probably would do the same, so it's definitely not just you. I remember how I was with Final Fantasy X; I maxed out every physically possible aspect of my sphere grid before the second fight with Seymour.

I had fun with this 1000. Even the turtle farming wasn't all that bad. I'm all about games with very few missable items. I really hate having to go back to a guide every 5 minutes to make sure I didn't miss anything (Dante's Inferno comes to mind).

Same here. I quite enjoyed working my way to 1000GS. It was certainly nowhere near as bad as, say, Star Ocean hehe.

i would say so. the ach on this are quite do-able - not like in star ocean (esp. the battletrophies) and here i got my 1000 in slightly over 100 hours (101,34,17) in star ocean i'm at 150 hours and dont have the 1000 in sight....

(star ocean is not a bad game ... its just timeconsuming as non other)

it took me 100h to get 1000. 45h to finsh the game the rest was running from one mission to another and of course farming farming farming farming. seriously the most anoying achievement was Treasure Hunter.

lol now that's dedication forget 100 hours

Dedication and horrible grammar. Anyhow you should try getting 1000g for Forza 3 without simulating a single race in the entire game. ;)

Or you could just go get 1000g for the other Final Fantasy game on the 360... That one is a lot shorter to get 1000g then this one 'fursure.