PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Bottom of the Pile

Micrll
04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I say greetings from the bottom of the pile since my gamescory is only 3076 :p

I'm a 'hoarder' of games, I basically never get rid of or sell any of my games. I also have a backlog of about 100 games to play through, ranging from SNES, wii, PS2, 3360 etc. Someday I will get through all of them.
I don't actually own a 360 but we have two in the dorm common room that I can use. Got a live gold account to play halo 3 online with the roommates. I also started my own 360 collection of games.

As for game types, I am pretty open to most (except perhaps sports games). Big fan of the Halo series, Half-Live and other FPS. But I also really like RPG's, in particular the Tales of Series.

I also am big in to playing (or attempting to) Japanese games. I studied japanese at HS for 3 years and I did a semester study abroad last spring in Tokyo. I know enough to get by in most menu systems, but my grasp of the grammar is very weak. I'm looking to eventually get a JPN 360 to play some of the JPN exclusive games.

I am a senior CS major (doing a extra year because of the study abroad), going after a concentration in Information Assurance. So you will have to forgive me if I get too technical at times :)

CodSteaks
04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
welcome to the community, i'm sure you'll like it here. i'm with you at the bottom ;)

Micrll
04-28-2010, 01:37 AM
welcome to the community, i'm sure you'll like it here. i'm with you at the bottom ;)
Thanks, I also noticed that you have katamari, if you are looking to do the multiplayer achievements let me know, I still need to do those and there are VERY few people playing online now.

DeekBoy
04-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Welcome!!!! this site is awesome and i hope you enjoy your stay

Micrll
04-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks! I figured I better join since I am making good use of all the achievement guides :P
Not sure how far in my achievement score I will actually be able to go :P

DeekBoy
04-28-2010, 04:21 AM
i think i have doubled since i have starting using this site. you will find some great people to play with... have fun with it :D

Micrll
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I hope to really ramp up my score simply by playing the backlog of 360 games, I have eternal sonata, vesperia, enchanted arms, blue dragon (ya a lot of RPGs I know), mass effect 1 & 2, and ODST to finish playing through. Plus all the stuff my roommates have.

However we have reached finals weeks and I don't want to start anything new right now.

Also I don't actually own a xbox, the ones I use are my roommates, will have to see about getting one from my internship earnings this summer.

Captain3Beers
04-28-2010, 09:17 AM
This site has a good group of gamers in my experience so far. Plenty of people to boost or just throw down with. Good luck with the Gamerscore...and welcome to x360a!

X360a Licey
04-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Welcome to x360a man!
I think you'll like it here. :)

SPierce
04-28-2010, 04:40 PM
All gotta start somewhere, on the gamerscore front! Just enjoy it, don't take them too seriously and you'll be fine. (That's right. I basically just committed an act of blasphemy.) :P

And, welcome to the site!!!

Micrll
04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes, I am very impressed by the lack of 'noise' on the forum.

A few quick questions, some are opinion some are on how the site works.

1. How does one edit a achievement 'guide'?

2. Opinion one, should I include my roommates games in my 'game collection'?