PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend this game?

Jet1337
04-28-2010, 01:59 AM
I bought the first game and the expansions and to put it simple, those games should belong in a genre of their own; FPS. No, not First-person Shooter. First-person Shit. Oh my fucking god, where do I begin...

To go into detail, the gameplay is an absolute bore. Going from gunfights with redundant weaponry, to "spooky" Alma moments and repeating that cycle for the next 5 hours keeps me asking, "Is this the last level yet?".

The aiming, specifically the auto-aim can suck a dick. I can't even pull off a headshot half the time because the reticule wants to target their body.

I also ran into a fun bug a few times where my placement would fuck up. I would be walking in the air and the only thing that fixed that would be if I reloaded the checkpoint.

/bitching

If FEAR 2 uses the same horrible engine and has the same problems as above, don't even waste your breath here. Otherwise point out some, if any good points about the game and recommend away.

DeekBoy
04-28-2010, 05:13 AM
i actually really liked the FEAR series. it was a different style to me and the first game i ever played on my 360. i found the game to not lag or be buggy at all while i played it and i sequel is pretty good too. it must not be your type of shooter i guess

Jet1337
04-28-2010, 10:47 AM
My type of shooter?!? It was shit. The framerate was also garbage.

"Zooming" in didn't really help with accuracy. It's like Fallout 3's zoom style minus the boost in accuracy. Couple that with the shit auto-aim with a mind of its own and you get a pile of shit on a disc.

If I had to make a list of "Worst Shooters. Ever.", The first game would take the #3 spot with the expansions taking the spot above it. The worst FPS I've ever played was Perfect Suck Zero.

It's amazing when you think about it. Sierra or whoever the fuck is in charge of development now thinks they can take a shit engine they developed on the PC and simply put it on the 360.

If you look at Halo: Reach's graphics and gameplay and compare it to shit like this, you'd be amazed. Especially since 99.5% of the time Fear takes place in rooms or hallways and it still lags like shit whereas Halo: Reach has huge vistas and open areas and runs smoothly.

/bitching

Well your response is a push in the opposite direction for me. As I said in my original post, if you can't point out anything good in Fear 2 that's better than the original, don't bother posting.

Lukhuta
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Well your response is a push in the opposite direction for me. As I said in my original post, if you can't point out anything good in Fear 2 that's better than the original, don't bother posting.

That's a bit rude isn't it? You want to know what we think, so that's what we do.

I personnaly like FEAR2 engine way better than the first one. Graphics, physics... Everything seems just great. I must admit I started the game thinking it would suck, but I'm really enjoying it (i'm around mission 8 or 9 on 14 and I'm absolutely not bored).

Fear files was a piece of shit, and I did FEAR1 on PC, so I couldnt complain about the pc-to-xbox bugs.

BTW are you sure you can't disable the auto aim? Guess you checked but we never know.

Well those were my thoughts on FEAR2. Hope it helped. Check the demo if you have space in your hard drive, I think that could help you judge?

Jet1337
05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
I didn't know there was a f.e.a.r. 2 demo and no, you can't take off auto-aim, but I found a work-around for that.

I've beaten the fuck out of the first game and its expansions ( all SP achievements for both ). I'll give the demo a try and go on from there.

Jet1337
05-26-2010, 01:47 AM
It would've been nice if someone said this was from the fucking expansion and not the actual game. I'm still on the fence.

I'll probably get in some time in the future. The demo was good.

imatt B4M
05-26-2010, 02:13 AM
F.E.A.R was ehhh didnt play files but F.E.A.R 2 was good IMO I was thinking about pickin up the DLC

crazy W01f 816
05-26-2010, 02:29 AM
You need to get off your high horse and stop complaining. The FEAR franchise has been average, but it's nowhere near as bad as you make it sound. FEAR was ported from the PC, at which time the game was already 2 or 3 years old. Which would explain some the glitches, flaws in game play, and the frame-rate. Furthermore, if you hated the first one that much, why bother asking if the second one is any better. Seems to me like you answered your own question. The only difference between FEAR and FEAR 2 is the graphics, and since you hated the Alma sequences there is no reason for you to play this game.

Tai_Kamiya
06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I buyed this game a few weeks ago along with "Perfect Dark Zero" by a really cheap price. And I enjoyed this shooter from Monolith than the Rare's one.

I enjoyed it from beginning to the very end and right now playing a second time trying to get the remaining offline achievements. It's a pitty that's a little short game but at least it's entertaining and there's no so much "fear" like the title suggest (just a little frights).

One of my favorites in my collection, wanting to find the first one to know the story better and more info about the next one.

Schizophriend
06-03-2010, 09:15 PM
FEAR is a really old game. It hasnt aged well, but at the time of its release it was excellent. FEAR 2 is a lot of fun.
I am a big fan of the series, but Im hesitant about FEAR 3 because its in the hands of a different developer. Day one studios I believe? I think they made one or both of the FEAR 1 expansions.

RzrsS.
06-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I also really liked the fear series cant wait for the 3rd game :D

Poida
06-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Yes this game is awesome, its a must for FPS fans.

Blessed Sin
06-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Great game, love it. But not nearly as fear inducing as the first. Hopefully 3 brings back that fear element that gives it the name. Speaking of... I need to pick up the first one...

Poida
06-12-2010, 01:12 AM
I think its more fear inducing as number 1.