PDA

View Full Version : Just incase you missed the live-action Halo: Reach commercial that aired 4/27...

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 03:31 AM
EDIT: Well, looks like x360a got it up on their news feed. In HD too! Nice.

I'm still unsure on whether or not this is the "short" version or is this is the full version.

I want to say it's the short version, because it didn't really have any "action" in it. Nonetheless, it makes me want to play the beta even more now...lol.

Birth of a Spartan.

balance13
04-28-2010, 04:55 AM
I forgot that was today. ODST one was much better IMO.

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 05:08 AM
I forgot that was today. ODST one was much better IMO.
True, I agree. But I just checked and this IS the short version. Which means it could potentially be way more badass tomorrow (today, April 28). The full version Bungie said will be airing today.

Also, a little fun fact, is that today April 27th was the day they released the short version of the Reach commercial.

It was also the 117th day of the year. Nice going Bungie. (I didn't figure that out on my own, someone in the Bungie forums did)

Jet1337
04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
It's up on the marketplace.

With these shorts looking this good, why the fuck won't anyone go through with a movie or at least a series? It would probably be the best thing I ever saw in my life.

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
It's up on the marketplace.

With these shorts looking this good, why the fuck won't anyone go through with a movie or at least a series? It would probably be the best thing I ever saw in my life.
They are actually very aware that pretty much the entire community 100% enjoys the live-action commercials. I think the problem is financial and motivation. With Reach on their hands, I don't think they can handle both a movie and a game. But who knows after Reach :o lol

Tiberian
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Thats the short version yeah. The long version is 2 mins.

Its alright but the ODST one was far better. I don't think this one really gets you excited for the game.

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Thats the short version yeah. The long version is 2 mins.

Its alright but the ODST one was far better. I don't think this one really gets you excited for the game.
Hmm, I was close to downloading it, but I'll take your word for it, lol. Shame. A lot of people are naggin that it wasn't as good as ODST, but I think this really goes behind how a Spartan was genetically super-powered. I'm ridiculously into the story of Halo, lol.

Atroxx70
04-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm a little confused. I thought Spartans were chosen as children, then trained all their lives to become a super soldier. This short kind of implies that you can just go through a little 6-million dollar man type operation and bam! you're a Spartan.

Volzagia
04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Need... Reach... Beta... now :mad:

nypemannen
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm a little confused. I thought Spartans were chosen as children, then trained all their lives to become a super soldier. This short kind of implies that you can just go through a little 6-million dollar man type operation and bam! you're a Spartan.

It is correct that they were chosen as children, but in order to become a Spartan they needed to go through this procedure at the age of 14-15. At that age they had already trained in about ten years, and was ready for battle, but in order to become the super-soldiers they are, they needed to be stronger and faster than they already were.

About half of the Spartan II's did not survive the procedure, and some of them were pretty messed up afterwards

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
It is correct that they were chosen as children, but in order to become a Spartan they needed to go through this procedure at the age of 14-15. At that age they had already trained in about ten years, and was ready for battle, but in order to become the super-soldiers they are, they needed to be stronger and faster than they already were.

About half of the Spartan II's did not survive the procedure, and some of them were pretty messed up afterwards

"To accelerate the program's timetable, puberty had been artificially induced. Human-growth hormone as well as cartilage, muscle, and bone supplements had been introduced into their diet, and the children had metamorphosed into near-adult stature within nine months." -Ghosts of Onyx, 98

And actually, the Spartan IIIs were between the ages of 9 and 11 when they went through their augmentations.

ACTUALLY...lol, well there are a few things in this ad that got some loyal-down-to-the-bone fans upset. Things like his age, the augmentation process, how he looked, acted, walked, etc. after the process and the big one is the armor he's looking at at the end.

I, personally, don't mind all the errors (if you want to call them that) since for one, most of the "errors" are very small and don't even disrupt the Halo Universes storyline. And two, I look at it as an "ADVERTISEMENT" to the people who weren't interested in the game, and now will be. If it was aimed at the old fans who were already going to buy the game I think they would have been more careful.

Needless to say, I think a Bungie employee should comment on it to clarify a few things. If they ever do, I'll be sure to let everyone know, lol. :D