PDA

View Full Version : Control Overhaul

Maka
04-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Lets all have fun with learning to melee with the bumpers.

They will probably be changable, but the default controls involve melee with bumpers since dual-wielding has been eliminated.

There is no more equipement, so reload has been moved back to take the place of X. To take the place of the now missing bumper, it will be used for the abilities (jetpack, sprint).

Since Melee was once B, and has been moved to swap the grenade change, that is now accomplished through B.

X: Reload
B: Grenade Change
LB: Abilities
RB: Melee

*Just thought I'd let everyone know.
The rest is unchanged.

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 04:06 AM
Lets all have fun with learning to melee with the bumpers.

They will probably be changable, but the default controls involve melee with bumpers since dual-wielding has been eliminated.

There is no more equipement, so reload has been moved back to take the place of X. To take the place of the now missing bumper, it will be used for the abilities (jetpack, sprint).

Since Melee was once B, and has been moved to swap the grenade change, that is now accomplished through B.

B: Grenade Change
LB: Abilities

*Just thought I'd let everyone know.
The rest is unchanged.

I read about this a few days ago. Theres threads all over the bnet forums about it.

The way I look at it is that Halo 3 controls were WAY different compared to Halo 2s, and I remember hating the fact that I had to get used to it. But I think it will be nice and smooth getting used to Reach's controls.

And even if you can't get control of the new "Default" you can always switch it to "Recon" which is the Default for Halo 3 (pretty much).

Atroxx70
04-28-2010, 05:01 AM
Long as they have bumper jumper I'm cool.

Edit: Whoo!! 1500th post!

The Lovat Scout
04-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Long as they have bumper jumper I'm cool.

What ^that^ your 1,500th post? Nice.

Atroxx70
04-28-2010, 06:15 AM
What ^that^ your 1,500th post? Nice.

Lol nice catch. Lemme go edit that.

Eternal
04-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Sticking with me old bumper jumper...

Jet1337
04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Have any of you ever tried to melee while circle-strafing with the B button? It doesn't work and with it being on a shoulder button it's a good thing. You don't want a stupid and mundane action like grenade changing to be assigned on a bumper or trigger.

The most efficient set-up would be:

LB: Jump
B: Grenade Cycle
A: Armor Ability

Now if you have the Jetpack, then you'd wanna assign the Armor Ability to a shoulder button unless it overrides the jump button.

Maka
04-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Have any of you ever tried to melee while circle-strafing with the B button? It doesn't work and with it being on a shoulder button it's a good thing. You don't want a stupid and mundane action like grenade changing to be assigned on a bumper or trigger.

The most efficient set-up would be:

LB: Jump
B: Grenade Cycle
A: Armor Ability

Now if you have the Jetpack, then you'd wanna assign the Armor Ability to a shoulder button unless it overrides the jump button.

Jetpack is used through the armour ability button.

Angelky
04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
lol that doesn't really effect me mainly because, i use bumper jumper so its like that anyways.

Maka
04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I can only wish the 2 here who mentioned bumper jumper much luck.

How you plan on using B or X to use your jetpack while still being able to aim beats me.

That or theyd have to return melee to a face button.

imatt B4M
04-29-2010, 04:45 PM
I use using that too, I will be using the recon layout very close to the one in halo 3

Atroxx70
04-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I can only wish the 2 here who mentioned bumper jumper much luck.

How you plan on using B or X to use your jetpack while still being able to aim beats me.

That or theyd have to return melee to a face button.

Don't really plan on using the jetpack, but we'll see how it is when the beta launches and we get to see what choices we have.