PDA

View Full Version : Look inside to find a question about the Xbox 360 HDD >:(

Emfulz
04-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Back when Splinter Cell Conviction came out I tried installing the game to my HDD but with no luck it kept saying that the game was dirty or such at about 97%, so I returned it and got a new one the next day. That also didn't work so I just gave up and just played it with the nasty noise the Xbox loves to give when playing a game.

Now I just bought Bioshock 2 and every time I get a new game the first thing I do is install it since I love the quiet and fast load times. It doesn't even go to 1% before saying that it's dirty or w/e. Plus on top of that, my Xbox wants to freeze and lag up until I clear my cache, which takes awhile to reach with the freezing. This also happened with the Splinter Cell Conviction, except I needed to remove the incomplete install from my HDD as well.

Here comes the questions. Why can't I install games into my HDD no more? I have a little over 40GB left of my 120GB and don't understand what's going on. If I even try to download a demo it wants to freeze and lag now til I remove the demo and clear system cache. Is my HDD failing and I need to get a new one or is my Xbox just a piece of crap? I'd really hate to dish out more money on a HDD since I Just bought the 120 about 3 months ago.

On top of all that I just recently recieved a E68 error when my Bioshock 2 froze up and told me to restart my Xbox. I searched and it seems that E68 is a HDD failure? Anyone selling a cheap 120GB? :p

VladimirK
04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I would suggest not using your HDD until you get a new one tbh.
Then just transfer as much as possible.

If it screws up again would it not maybe screw up a lot of your saves and all that?

Emfulz
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I would suggest not using your HDD until you get a new one tbh.
Then just transfer as much as possible.

If it screws up again would it not maybe screw up a lot of your saves and all that?

I've been just using the Memory Unit and everything runs find, besides Bioshock 2 itself is freezing but I hear that is normal for everyone right now. I'm getting tired of this bs. If it's not the Xbox then it's the HDD. :mad:

jamie1000013
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Why not try using a memory stick that has enough space to hold a game and try installing splintercell to that?

oXo DEEZY oXo
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Why not try using a memory stick that has enough space to hold a game and try installing splintercell to that?

wont work games only go on the hdd cuz ive alrdy tried i have a 16 gb flash drive

scoonmillar
04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
only hdd error i had was in the connection to my console but cleaned it and it worked fine i have a 250 g hdd

spyder2g
04-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Back when Splinter Cell Conviction came out I tried installing the game to my HDD but with no luck it kept saying that the game was dirty or such at about 97%, so I returned it and got a new one the next day. That also didn't work so I just gave up and just played it with the nasty noise the Xbox loves to give when playing a game.

Now I just bought Bioshock 2 and every time I get a new game the first thing I do is install it since I love the quiet and fast load times. It doesn't even go to 1% before saying that it's dirty or w/e. Plus on top of that, my Xbox wants to freeze and lag up until I clear my cache, which takes awhile to reach with the freezing. This also happened with the Splinter Cell Conviction, except I needed to remove the incomplete install from my HDD as well.

Here comes the questions. Why can't I install games into my HDD no more? I have a little over 40GB left of my 120GB and don't understand what's going on. If I even try to download a demo it wants to freeze and lag now til I remove the demo and clear system cache. Is my HDD failing and I need to get a new one or is my Xbox just a piece of crap? I'd really hate to dish out more money on a HDD since I Just bought the 120 about 3 months ago.

On top of all that I just recently recieved a E68 error when my Bioshock 2 froze up and told me to restart my Xbox. I searched and it seems that E68 is a HDD failure? Anyone selling a cheap 120GB? :p

Is your xbox still under warranty? You said you just bought the 120gb maybe try using the old 20gb or whatever and see if its not the xbox. Oh and did you get the HDD off ebay or something?

sk83rty
04-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Well I've also experienced a similar problem. I just started playing Forza 3. The game is brand new (my brother got his own 360 and got the elite that came with ODST and Forza.) Well last Friday I started playing it and it wouldn't let me install the bonus disc to the HDD. It said the disc was dirty and it doesn't have a scratch on it. It's brand new. Maybe Microsoft messed up something with the last update...that's what I'd guess :/

But seriously I have no clue what's going on...

Mister Buds
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM

not to get you nervous, TC, but i had the same exact problem last year with my launch 360. i couldn't play any games and they wouldn't install either. after trying different things for a while i found out my disc drive was broken. my hdd was also fried, but i'm not sure if it was related.

wont work games only go on the hdd cuz ive alrdy tried i have a 16 gb flash drive

this is false. when the usb update came out, roosterteeth even had a video comparing the install times of games to different flash drives.