PDA

View Full Version : Co-Op Partner Appreciation

Antichrist
04-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Opening Thoughts: I honestly have no idea if this is the correct place to post this. I have searched the forums for threads like it, and have found none. EDIT: Now that I think about it, this MAY fall under Game Discussion... Hm.

Basically, this thread is for your Co-Op partner's attainments, rather than our own triumphs that we have acheived.

I will start off by saying my partner had a genius idea: We were in the midst of Co-Op Saints Row 2, doing the collection acheivements [more specifically, CDs]. He, being the superior pilot, and I, being the superior rag-doll impact dummy [We had both done the basejumping challanges so that we receive no falling damage], he was flying his Oppressor helicopter around as I jumped out and hurled my body through the air to collect the CDs in the most painful possible way.

On one particular CD on the southern island, I had hurled myself in between a trashcan and a building. Naturally, my character was pretzle-tied in a way where he couldn't stand up on his own so the amazing assist engine kicked in and "spawned" me in a nearby area, most of the time a few feet away. As luck would have it, I was "spawned" inside of a building. Not an enterable building, but a building that is just "there for show". I could not get out, and he could not get in.

Turning friendly fire on, he shot me. But the bullets did not penetrate the glass and hit me. Cops and gangs shot me with the same depressing result. He brought a car as near as he could and I tried to enter, to no avail. Out of frustration, he blew up the car, and I caught on fire. Ideas sparked and I said "Line cars up along the wall blow them up one at a time, I will run along and catch fire and inevitably die." -- "Let my health recharge" was his response. I was left thinking why he needed his health to recharge to hijack cars, but he then caught himself on fire with the car he had blown up then ran over to my arm that was sticking out of the wall. I had caught on fire and my gothed up character was screaming like a little girl, as my co-op partner ran back and forth from car to me until I died. [He had eaten food in between one of the "passes" so he wouldn't die.]

To long; didn't read [tl;dr] -- I was stuck in building. Tried for a few moments to kill myself, failed. He caught himself on fire, ran over to me and caught me on fire. Rinse and repeat until I died.

Closing Thoughts: Now that I think about it, he could have just started a mission, then canceled it. But this way was so much more creative.

Now -- I ask for you to share one of your co-op partner's genius ideas or how they "saved the day". Too often, we drone on about our own acheivements. Show some love to your peers.

MARKLAR5
04-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Excuse me sir, but I do believe I deserve recognition for my heroic and rather valiant effort. I was his lord and savior during this time, so if anyone else attempts to take credit for this particular happenstance, your response should be along the lines of: "Fuck you buddy, it was MARKLAR5."
Thank you and have a fantastic day.

MARKLAR5
04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Also, in keeping with the spirit of the thread, I would like to show my appreciation for slicknezz for saving my ass countless times during our forays into the Borderlands. I was the Berserker, so I ran in swinging, and he was the Sniper, so he was constantly killing the assholes that attempted to shank, cut, impale, shoot, maim, or otherwise severely injure my character. Oh, and I'd like to thank slicknezz and xAntichrist for, again, saving my ass through sniping; this time in MW2.

mrbonelly
04-29-2010, 02:28 PM
YouStayCla55y sticking with me for ODST Endure & UnknownAvatar for coming through and kicking some Covenant @ss for us when he didn't need to :woop: