PDA

View Full Version : ASDA Trade-ins

xReadMyMindx
04-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Apologies if a topic has already been posted on this. But I traded in some games to ASDA the other week, as I read they are doing trade-ins now, and I have to say they are pretty good on the whole with the trade in values on some games. For example, I received 21 store credit for trading in Assassins Creed II 2 weeks after I purchased it for 25 instore! On the other hand though I only got 3 trade in value for the most recent CSI game. :(

Just wondering if anybody else has used ASDA for trade-ins, and if so, how did you find it?

mrbonelly
04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Although I don't use them, it's all about market value... Assassin's Creed has a much broader audience and is a much bigger title than the point and click game based on a TV show from USA.

TacticalTodger
04-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Does anybody know what a brand new unsealed BFBC2 game would get me? I got a dupe present :(

Ardenfast X360A
04-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Todge, not sure what you would get but i saw trade in one going for 30 on Fri last week. That one was obviously already opened and def used . Not too sure what their policy would be regarding sealed unopened ones. My local independant dealer makes a point of opening sealed trade ins in front of you , to show that it will definately go on his shelf as second hand.

xReadMyMindx
04-30-2010, 02:25 PM
When I traded in Assassins Creed II, I saw a couple pre-owned for 30 on the shelf. So, I'd imagine, as an educated estimate, you'd get around 20 for your game if they are selling it pre-owned for 30. Its hard to say really... But it's always worth asking I suppose. They give you the value of the game and then ask if you want to trade, thats what they did with me anyway.

xReadMyMindx
04-30-2010, 02:26 PM
it's all about market value... Assassin's Creed has a much broader audience and is a much bigger title than the point and click game based on a TV show from USA.

You're absolutely right! I didn't even think of that! Plus the fact that it's still a chart game here in the UK from what I've seen in stores.

VladimirK
04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I didn't know Asda done that =/
Need to have a look the next time I'm in.

Then again, it could just be something we don't have yet up here?

Preykousis
04-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I personally prefer CeX for trade-ins. Hell, it's even a good crawl for cheap 2nd hand games, especially if you need Achievements lol - But, good going ASDA!

xReadMyMindx
04-30-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure if it's all ASDA supermarket stores that do them. I trade mine in at ASDA living, which is all the home furnishings/clothing/electronics store. So maybe it's just ASDA living that do the trade-ins?

X360a Licey
04-30-2010, 03:06 PM
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss274/TheWalkerGuy/300.png
Woo!
Sorry about that but yeah, I used it once and it was alright. Bough Dark Void 15 traded in for 20 so i made a profit ;P

EchoPark
05-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Never knew adsa do trade ins, need to see this