PDA

View Full Version : Where's game pack #3?

sgoll
04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
its meant to be out today but i cant seem to find it. any news?

exodusmonkey
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
i was just about to ask the same thing hope it is today seen people say its going to be thursday and friday

MACdanstaface
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Major Nelson's blog said it would be today - someone put the link in another post.

I can understand new DLCs are delayed or are released in the afternoon (in Europe).

You'd figure GR games are ready and they could program them to be released at midnight...

UnarmedReaper07
04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I can't find it either. :confused:

littlejay
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
i had always heard Thursdays it would be updated. the 28th is a new date 0.o
it wasn't really up first this when the game room came out either tho

Retro Thanos
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
http://twitter.com/mrpointyhead

The latest batch of Game Room content has also been delayed until further notice - I'll let you know once a new date is confirmed.

pinata242
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
http://twitter.com/mrpointyhead

Well, that sucks. I was prepared for everyone (including Major Nelson) to be wrong about the Wednesday date since a) Thursdays were the days we were told before and b) MN had Tecmo Bowl (XBLA) listed for the 29th. Seemed the wires were just crossed.

Hearing this EU XBL chap say "until further notice" is really disheartening. What gives? This isn't that complicated of a process.

Lancer Cheetah
04-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm confident that the pack will be out tomorrow. The major nelson posting probably had everybody confused. Obviously, Tecmo Bowl Throwback is already out and he said it would be out tomorrow. Whoever posted "until further notice" probably felt obligated to acknowledge that it wasn't out yet but wasn't confident enough to just say it was definitely coming out tomorrow.

NOTswaggers
04-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Whoever posted "until further notice" probably felt obligated to acknowledge that it wasn't out yet but wasn't confident enough to just say it was definitely coming out tomorrow.

Although I hope it comes out tomorrow I think we are looking at least a few days. Hopefully this doesn't mess the whole schedule up and push back Pack 4 also.

MACdanstaface
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
I guess MS doesn't want to give out free mascots that easily...

linktriforce007
04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I guess MS doesn't want to give out free mascots that easily...

First the Bioshock 2 MP is announced as delayed, and now this? What a horrible week

littlejay
04-28-2010, 07:47 PM
First the Bioshock 2 MP is announced as delayed, and now this? What a horrible week

dont forget the bad company 2 delayed dlc finally came out but the achievements dont work :p

Retro Thanos
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
More info regarding Game Pack 3 delay:

http://forums.xbox.com/32337820/ShowPost.aspx

Just a quick note from the team:

We’re working to bring you additional Game Room titles as soon as possible! We appreciate your patience, and we’ve been thrilled by the community response so far. We want to provide you with the best experience possible, so stay tuned!!

I'll post more info when I've got it. Thanks for your patience!

Comatose
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
man what a major let down, its my day off, waited forever for this, stayed up all night to get it...then it never showed and i fell asleep waiting. Woke up ready to go and to my surprise it was still not there, then i read of the delay...
Seriously bummed.

littlejay
04-28-2010, 10:45 PM
GET SOME SLEEP!!!!
no game is worth staying up all night to for it to come out :/

UnarmedReaper07
04-28-2010, 10:49 PM

Don't forget that "The Passing" was also delayed for L4D2.

linktriforce007
04-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Don't forget that "The Passing" was also delayed for L4D2.

But the Passing did indeed come out a few days ago.

I was just really looking forward to getting the new Game Room #3 and Rapture Metro Pack...but I can't get either. I first heard about B2 coming out later, and I sighed and said: "Well, there's still Game Room." Then, I come on here today and my eyes are coming out of my head in shock...

Seriously bummed, I am.

Back to Assassin's Creed II...

linktriforce007
04-28-2010, 11:08 PM

Excellent find! I would've never searched there. =P

Yes, we do deserve proof. We've been loyal to them, and for those who aren't interested in GR; you could say that this doesn't exactly pull them in.

Failed sales tactic, Microsoft.

Spoony Bard
04-29-2010, 02:57 AM
They really dropped the ball on this one. It would be nice if they did something to make up for the delay, like say extend the length of time to get the free mascots off this pack.

linktriforce007
04-29-2010, 03:06 AM
They really dropped the ball on this one. It would be nice if they did something to make up for the delay, like say extend the length of time to get the free mascots off this pack.

That statement made me laugh. lol.

SirVexBruzer
04-29-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobiting
Just a quick note from the team:

We’re working to bring you additional Game Room titles as soon as possible! We appreciate your patience, and we’ve been thrilled by the community response so far. We want to provide you with the best experience possible, so stay tuned!!

I'll post more info when I've got it. Thanks for your patience!

Wow. Lousy...and I'm not patient.

Ooyah
04-29-2010, 07:21 AM
This does seem very curious, considering that Game Room launched weeks ago... and the Game Pack mechanic was already in place. I guess that the signs were there. Did anyone notice how the News section of the game never gets updated, and also that the ticker tape thing keeps saying that Game Pack 2 is coming soon, when it was available at launch? Wonder if Krome have already lost interest?

Still, hopefully today... was really looking forward to some Pitfall action! :)

Although, if he is using the term 'further notice', maybe that means next Wednesday at the earliest... :(

Cipher Complex
04-29-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm gonna trust GiantBomb.com on this, they said the 29th is when Game Pack 3 comes out, so as some other places.

Only 5 hours left to go.

Ooyah
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm gonna trust GiantBomb.com on this, they said the 29th is when Game Pack 3 comes out, so as some other places.

Only 5 hours left to go.

Well, I'm stuck here at work wondering if I have some arcade fun to look forward to tonight or not, so keep us posted! :)

Psymox
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
There is still no sign of it. Doesn't look hopeful for a release today :-(

UnarmedReaper07
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Not today either. :(

Ooyah
04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
You know, thinking about it... it would just seem too strange for this to be a technical problem, with all of the time that they have had. Maybe there is a copyright issue somewhere with one of the games in this pack?

MACdanstaface
04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
You know, thinking about it... it would just seem too strange for this to be a technical problem, with all of the time that they have had. Maybe there is a copyright issue somewhere with one of the games in this pack?

This is really wierd. I can't imagine there are big technical challenges involved in emulating these games.
Plus, this Tweet (and the date it was posted) would lead you to believe everything was in order the day before (expected) release

"Excited for tomorrow's release? What are you looking forward to?" (http://twitter.com/livegameroom) (5:45 PM Apr 27th)

BTW: yes, I was excited...

Ooyah
04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
This is really wierd. I can't imagine there are big technical challenges involved in emulating these games.
Plus, this Tweet (and the date it was posted) would lead you to believe everything was in order the day before (expected) release

"Excited for tomorrow's release? What are you looking forward to?" (http://twitter.com/livegameroom) (5:45 PM Apr 27th)

BTW: yes, I was excited...

Yeah, that combined with the apparent silence since the delay... how very odd. I wonder who owns the Pitfall copyright these days... is it still Activision? I remember that they did an update a few years ago.

I was excited too. Guess we'll just have to wait for some news to come in.

linktriforce007
04-29-2010, 03:10 PM
well, it's 10:07 AM Central here, and I just took a look..I see that great Tecmo Bowl Throwback (which I wish was Tecmo Super Bowl) but no Game Room. =(

halfiepint
04-29-2010, 10:44 PM
nothing as of 5:41 pm central. WTF?

littlejay
04-29-2010, 10:48 PM
it's been delayed. no release date has been set for it yet.
anything someone posted after the delay is just guessing or pulling your chain

Xx KINJO xX
04-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Ive been waiting forever for this!!!! LAME!!!

SolTrigger
04-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Dang, it still hasn't been released yet. Its only 10:20 am (Australia) here. I'd just hope they bring it out before the end of the month.

linktriforce007
04-30-2010, 12:25 AM
and I thought Valve was bad at delays.

littlejay
04-30-2010, 12:42 AM
still no ep.3 for half-life. a week or so delay for some atari games is nothing compared to that wait :(

Dead Space Girl
04-30-2010, 02:11 AM
still no ep.3 for half-life. a week or so delay for some atari games is nothing compared to that wait :(
We'll see Duke Nukem Forever before we see Half Life Episode 3.

Ooyah
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Guess we're looking at next Wednesday, then... wonder if it will knock back Game Pack 4? That would be an additional annoyance... especially if #4 has Jail Break... I remember pumping 10 pences into that like no tomorrow...:)

beezelBug
04-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Wonder if it has anything to do with the Krome Studio lay offs...

SirVexBruzer
04-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey xbox STILL WAITING FOR THAT game room add on... I'm starting to get a middle finger for that game room.

littlejay
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey xbox STILL WAITING FOR THAT game room add on... I'm starting to get a middle finger for that game room.

that can sound either kinky or rude. im not sure which....

and delayed stuff usually comes out when it can. it's not always fixed on the normal content days every week

SirVexBruzer
04-30-2010, 04:06 PM
that can sound either kinky or rude. im not sure which....

and delayed stuff usually comes out when it can. it's not always fixed on the normal content days every week

Lol. I really did 'lol'. Not 'hehe'. I'm not just putting that for dramatic affect. Your right. I had a middle finger for this, NOW I'm just getting pissed at 'em.

Xx KINJO xX
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Game companies just shouldnt even give dates anymore..... everything gets delayed!!!!!

klaww
05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
C'mon. Its may already. bring on the content. =P

linktriforce007
05-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Game companies just shouldnt even give dates anymore..... everything gets delayed!!!!!

Yeah. Bioshock 2 RM Pack and Game Room got delayed. These, sadly coincidentally; were the only DLC's I wanted; and I was gonna get both as soon as I could. That kinda sucks...

SirVexBruzer
05-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Pffffff. A THIS point they can just keep the stinking games. What a joke, I've about lost all interest.

linktriforce007
05-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Pffffff. A THIS point they can just keep the stinking games. What a joke, I've about lost all interest.

Get as angry as you want, it won't help. I highly doubt you'll stop going, seeing as how you're above half way to 1K

Lamprey319
05-02-2010, 08:54 AM
This is EXTREMELY annoying... I WANT MORE GAMES!!!!! :(

linktriforce007
05-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Any new info on this very upsetting topic?

SirVexBruzer
05-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Get as angry as you want, it won't help. I highly doubt you'll stop going, seeing as how you're above half way to 1K

Trust me. No games, no play. I bought enough crappy games of theirs, my GS will stay RIGHT where its at for game room, I don't care if they ever drop games for this. If a game sucks (game room for now and Dead Rising FOREVER) I can just rack up a thousand on somethin else.

Yeah im disappointed/pissed. Over a month and nothing, PLUS there F'in ad' STILL says "game releases every week". False advertising as of now.
Whey would anyone defend them or be anything but disappointed? The "breaks have been givin" and zero word of what happened.
Way to communicate with your customer base, not that they hear this or care... :uzi: :locked

SirVexBruzer
05-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Any new info on this very upsetting topic?

My bad...that is all that matters really. NO. Nothing. Just the usual. Nothing. No press release no date reset just " 'till further notice ". WTF :confused:

Bonkekook
05-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Game Room is already dying because of a lack of support. Sad.

SirVexBruzer
05-03-2010, 08:03 AM
---Game Room enters I.C.U.--- :uzi: :locked

R3D DRAG0N 94
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
New releases every week... lets see them try to stick to that!

KRS
05-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I would have been fine with a smaller list of launch titles - they should have lined up a bunch of games in reserve before launching.

Yeah, the GR and its schedule could have been handled better, but I find the outrage pretty amusing. I want to play Pitfall on my 360 as much as the next guy, but it's not that big of a deal.

pinata242
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I would have been fine with a smaller list of launch titles - they should have lined up a bunch of games in reserve before launching.

They did. They had over 100 titles ready to go at launch. They fully planned to release titles weekly. They held off a month because, I guess, their servers didn't scale properly with the load or there was a serious lack of QA or there was a major RIF at a Krome Studios or all of the above.

When they were ready to release the 3rd set of games, something happened at the zero hour to prevent it. Of course, all of my assumptions give them the benefit of the doubt and buy into all the information publicly available.

KRS
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
They did. They had over 100 titles ready to go at launch. They fully planned to release titles weekly. They held off a month because, I guess, their servers didn't scale properly with the load or there was a serious lack of QA or there was a major RIF at a Krome Studios or all of the above.

When they were ready to release the 3rd set of games, something happened at the zero hour to prevent it. Of course, all of my assumptions give them the benefit of the doubt and buy into all the information publicly available.

Interesting - that makes sense. I wonder what caused the zero hour delay and if it will ever be revealed.?

One or two new games a week seems like a reasonable pace, and probably would have given them a more manageable player load. Still, you'd think if a game like 1 vs. 100 can pull things off relatively smoothly, a glorified game emulator could do the same.

Ah well, if I really wanted I could always dust off my old 2600 and play for realz.

linktriforce007
05-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Interesting - that makes sense. I wonder what caused the zero hour delay and if it will ever be revealed.?

One or two new games a week seems like a reasonable pace, and probably would have given them a more manageable player load. Still, you'd think if a game like 1 vs. 100 can pull things off relatively smoothly, a glorified game emulator could do the same.

Ah well, if I really wanted I could always dust off my old 2600 and play for realz.

I guess I can amuse myself slightly with the Halo: Reach Beta for now...

pinata242
05-03-2010, 08:06 PM
We’re happy to report the newest #XboxLIVE (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23XboxLIVE) Game Room titles - including Super Breakout & Pitfall - will be available this Wednesday!

We'll see...

littlejay
05-03-2010, 09:33 PM
does that mean this weeks stuff for thursday is still on the way as planned i wonder...

linktriforce007
05-03-2010, 09:50 PM
We'll see...

Excellent find. Just the news I've been looking for. Now just need the BS2 RMP news, and I'm set

delluxxo
05-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Table of MS priorities:

#1st: MONEY
#2nd: MONEY
#3rd : MONEY
#..th * M *
#..th * O *
#..th * N *
#..th * E *
#..th * Y *
#9.999.999.999.999.999th: CUSTOMER who giving them MONEY !! :(

pinata242
05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
does that mean this weeks stuff for thursday is still on the way as planned i wonder...

There is no stuff for Thursday. Wednesday is the day. Be happy with the one bowl of gruel Microsoft is giving you, Oliver.

Ooyah
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
We'll see...

Now this is very good news, but... does it annoy anybody else how they haven't tried to explain *why* the delay occurred? You could argue that it doesn't really matter, as long as the games are still coming out... but it kind of angers me that they don't think that we deserve an explanation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these jump up and down "OMG! SO UNFAIR! MICROSOFT SUXXXXOR!!!" kind of guys... it is just the arrogance involved. Just a little message explaining the situation was all that was required. Instead we get a whole week of silence. I guess that what I am trying to get at is that this sort of thing really proves that they don't care about the gamers at all, nor about the experience. I know that this is nothing new... but they could at least pretend to care.

Or something. Oh, I don't know... :mad:

halfiepint
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
There is no stuff for Thursday. Wednesday is the day. Be happy with the one bowl of gruel Microsoft is giving you, Oliver.

Well I'll believe it when I see it, since they've already proven to be liars.

I know that I'm not spending another point on game room until they release the new games. They might have been hoping we want to get our medals quickly, so those of us who were holding out for the new pack, would buy more of the crap games they've already got.

Ooyah
05-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Oooooh, the tension. :)

I have everything crossed that we will see Game Pack 3 today... anybody seen anything yet? Help to bring relief to those stuck at work... :)

I'm itching for some Pitfall, oh yeah!

SirVexBruzer
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Game room pack 3 is out. Cant download it yet though? Whatever...