PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding flashdrive

bros 1337
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Ok so i have a 16 gb flashdrive/usb mem stick wich i use for watching some divx avi files,
my question is if i configure it for xbox 360 gamesave will i still be able to move avi/divx files and watch trough my flashdrive on my xbox?

kaleido42
04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
When you configure it you are given two options. I believe one of them is called automatic, could be wrong on the name though, which will automatically configure it to use all of the available storage. If you were to do that then you could only use it as a memory card. If you were to manually configure it, again not sure if I got the name right, you get to choose how much of the storage you want to devote to your 360. All other available space on your flashdrive can be used exactly how you were using it before.

bros 1337
04-28-2010, 02:28 PM
thats great so the xbox makes a partition for me was unsure if i had to do one for my self never tryed on a flashdrive anyways thx allot

Skillet
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
1: Plug the USB Drive into your 360 console.
2: Go to System Settings > Memory > USB Device. There should be an option there that allows you to configure the drive.
3: There should be a manual option. Choose that.
4: Move the slider to select how much space on the drive you want to allocate to Xbox memory. This will be the space used for game data, profiles, whatever. The rest of the space can be used to transfer music, movies, etc, from computer to computer or from your PC to your 360.

bros 1337
04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
thx again 1 more question does it format / delete all content before you can configure it?

kaleido42
04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't as long as you choose the manual option and don't ask for more storage than you have remaining. I could be wrong though.

andami
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
thx again 1 more question does it format / delete all content before you can configure it?
Yes, it does, even if you choose manual, since it has to format the whole device before any XBL content can be saved on it.