PDA

View Full Version : Will this be better than Bad Company 2?

Barad
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
As in multiplayer wise of course..what do you guys tihnk? I not too sure tbh, I love BC2 but not heard much about this game till now..we'll see..

Sir BadWolf
04-29-2010, 12:19 AM
They should get some of the ex IW guys to help!

Dz06lt
04-29-2010, 01:23 AM
I am guessing it will dominate, but im hoping that the campain will rival MW2

Barad
04-29-2010, 07:54 PM

Lol true that!

Hopefully man, hopefully.

fludstud09
05-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Quite certain they are, at least the manager at the GameStop right next to my house says so :P.

Dz06lt
05-03-2010, 01:55 AM
I dunno after seeing the trailer for Black Ops we might all be saying Medal of What now come november.... SO I hope they drop this in Sept/Oct

Barad
05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Yhh now Cod has come in there might be more and tougher competition.

Mikey1610
05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't know if anybody watched Ross Kemp in Afghanistan. He was on the frontline with troops as they fought the Taliban. I remember watching it and seeing all the different terrain - lots of rocky, mountainous places but also vast hilly desert areas and then you have your small villages.

In other words there's potential for some really excellent maps in the multiplayer. Here is an example of what would make a great map -

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/places/images/photos/photo_lg_afghanistan.jpg&imgrefurl=http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/places/photos/photo_afghanistan_afghanistan.html&usg=__0oNme_3tCgZYGhe_teOY9pB9bE4=&h=397&w=599&sz=75&hl=en&start=14&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=-TvUxP9axz8UmM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAFGHANISTAN%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3 DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLG_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Di sch:1

Anyway, I think this game is gonna be quality.

The Elite Elite
05-06-2010, 02:48 PM

God, please no! It's bad enough they ruined the COD series with COD4, don't let them do the same thing to MOH. Anyway, this looks like it could very well be a good game. (As long as they don't go the way of COD and have things like a perk system) For sure one I'll keep an eye on.

Barad
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know if anybody watched Ross Kemp in Afghanistan. He was on the frontline with troops as they fought the Taliban. I remember watching it and seeing all the different terrain - lots of rocky, mountainous places but also vast hilly desert areas and then you have your small villages.

In other words there's potential for some really excellent maps in the multiplayer. Here is an example of what would make a great map -

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/places/images/photos/photo_lg_afghanistan.jpg&imgrefurl=http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/places/photos/photo_afghanistan_afghanistan.html&usg=__0oNme_3tCgZYGhe_teOY9pB9bE4=&h=397&w=599&sz=75&hl=en&start=14&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=-TvUxP9axz8UmM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAFGHANISTAN%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3 DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLG_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Di sch:1

Anyway, I think this game is gonna be quality.

Thanks for that map looks awesome!

THe C H ii e F
05-06-2010, 08:11 PM

To be honest though there wasn't much to the campaign and what there was of it was exactly great.

Sirius
05-07-2010, 12:32 AM
The MW2 campaign was garbage.

Anyway, you really can't accurately compare a game that hasn't even had a gameplay trailer released. Honestly this thread is useless

KNIGHTOFSERA
05-07-2010, 12:36 AM
DICE is making the MP portion, so its going to be the same quality, different gameplay.....

so it will or wont be better depending on how you like your gameplay

BC2 campaign > MW2 campaign BTW

Dz06lt
05-07-2010, 12:37 AM
bull the campain was epic, great story great locations, great action

veece16
05-07-2010, 01:02 AM
The MW2 campaign was ok, I think MOH will be great and beat MW by a longshot.

Sirius
05-07-2010, 03:26 AM
bull the campain was epic, great story great locations, great action

If you consider a convoluted James Bond novel ripe with plot holes epic, sure.

Barad
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Who brought MW2 into this?!?! :mad:

Gorilla
05-09-2010, 06:04 AM
this game ships in October.. alittle late to be bringing in the IW guys now to fine tune the game, so i'm doubting they'll have any input at all.

will it be better than BFBC2? probably. since DICE is in-charge, i'm sure they'll throw a few upgrades our way to make MOH stand out. my guess is it will be more MW2 like, as i can't see them cloning BFBC2's multiplayer. EA wants a piece of that MW2 market and if that's what gamers "want" and are "buying" that is what EA is going to go after.

Unterofficer
05-14-2010, 12:56 PM
If you consider a convoluted James Bond novel ripe with plot holes epic, sure.
You forgot to meantion the Michael Bay -like actionscenes.

Anyway. As Dice will be making the MP for this MoH, I find it hard to believe that they would make it better than BC2 MP, as it could hurt BC2 community and Dices pockets.

Opiate42
05-14-2010, 06:41 PM
You forgot to meantion the Michael Bay -like actionscenes.

Anyway. As Dice will be making the MP for this MoH, I find it hard to believe that they would make it better than BC2 MP, as it could hurt BC2 community and Dices pockets.

MW2's campaign was epic in it's convoluted-ness. Fun, but no replay value and far too short. One night stand, village bicycle of a game. BC1 and BC2 were both wayyyyy better and replayable.

DICE have a pretty good concept of what works for MP modes. I don't think MOH will steal many BC2 people away, mostly more MW2 people sick and frustrated with it (like me!) which is really the target audience for this game and is fine and dandy.

DICE can really only take BC2 MP and improve on it's foundation, they're smart enough to not mess up something that works.

That pic is a great example, think of that terrain as being rife with an underground tunnel network too. It's going to be pretty sick.

I am really looking forward to the campaign in this one but with a shelf full of unplayed games I may have to wait until long after the release date before picking up.

Oh DICE, will you ever make Mirror's Edge 2?

Jewls
05-26-2010, 11:47 PM
The game's controls and graphical interface kind of look choppy to me. I dunno. Guess we'll have to wait till it comes out.

Barad
05-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Yhh I mean you can never tell about the controls until you've actually played the game init, hopefully they'll be quite similar to Bad Company 2's, really liked them.

ITD Soldierboy
05-28-2010, 12:47 AM
This game I believe will have the best of both worlds. A great single-player that relates to the greatness of Call of Duty and it's gonna have the perfect mp because its being made by DICE. GOTY for me...

Barad
05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Hopefully, I'm sure the multiplayer won't dissapoint (becasue of DICE of course) but not too sure about the singleplayer, BC2's wasn't so impressive as MW2's was.

KwH x Fatality
06-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure, i loved Bad Company online because it's a team based game and it have helicopters :) Hopefully this game would not be like Call of Duty, a lone warrior, and more like Bad Company.

Hard to decide, multiplayer wise i think Bad Company will be better, and story wise Medal of Honor will be better, in my opinion.

dragon strife 1
06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
MW2's campaign was epic in it's convoluted-ness. Fun, but no replay value and far too short. One night stand, village bicycle of a game. BC1 and BC2 were both wayyyyy better and replayable.

The only single player campaign i've ever found myself going back to was halo 3, and them sniper missions on Cod 4 and 5.

OT. Considering DICE is in change, I hope for something that is even better than BFBC2 :)

dang racoons
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
its hard to compare as the mp will be more faster paced than bf and leaning more towards the cod pace of online but i have faith that dice will make it immense

TsarBlandi
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
you always want a new game to be better than previous, whats the point in hoping it will be worse

i loved Medal of Honor, right up to European Assault, which kinda died after that imo, i really do hope this will be a game to remember

farah540
06-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh moh will kick butt!

Barad
06-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Lol, I do hope so.

Ozbaab
06-14-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm kinda looking forward to this. Hoping for a good MP.

silencedlight
06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Just watched the gameplay, and I'm really unimpressed. It looks like call of duty. When they said it has elements of call of duty and bad company in it, I didn't think call of duty clone with bad company developers name was the point. Coming from the frostbite engine, I expected large maps with building destruction. I would like someone to point out how this is more than a call of duty clone. It even has perks, an f*ing seeker bomb and artillery.
Someone give me a reason to see some hope.
Please.