PDA

View Full Version : What Is Their Problem ?

ALIENWAR3
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Hello Guys, first of all i would like to say sorry for the rant which is about to follow, i did not know where else to put it and i just wanted to express myself and wonder if anyone else has experianced the patheticness of some of the mods on the official xbox website.

Basically, since i have had live, for about 3 years, i've had no problem with my profile, no complaints, nothing, now all of a sudden out of the blue, i use the same sig i have here below, and i have been banned 3 TIMES, each of those a month at a time, because it supposedly offensive ? my sig has NOTHING offensive, racist, religious or anything regarding it, and it's my beliefs followed by my football team. i could class this as being racist to myself, as i get no respone from the pathetic team, and no decent reason behind it. are we not allowed freedom of speech ? which is what our grandfathers fought for.

(This is NOT a political thread in any kind of way, checked and i believe it's within the terms and conditions) Thanks Guys

Sorry for the rant yet again, just had to get it off my chest, makes my blood boil.

Happy Gaming

scoonmillar
04-28-2010, 09:54 PM
you might get some british/irish complaining about the ira part but just to be jerks

JesusBread
04-28-2010, 09:58 PM
There is no such thing as freedom of speech on Xbox Live. You are bound by Microsoft's terms with anything you post on Xbox Live.

ALIENWAR3
04-28-2010, 09:58 PM
you might get some british/irish complaining about the ira part but just to be jerks

But the only idiots who would report that would be the supporters of them, i find it disgusting how xbox.com have dealt with this, and as per usual, the customer service are pointless and useless, banning without decent reason, i got an email saying this is my last warning as i've been warned before and will result in life ban, for freedom of speech, what is this world coming too ? completely PATHETIC if you ask me :uzi: them all.

ALIENWAR3
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
There is no such thing as freedom of speech on Xbox Live. You are bound by Microsoft's terms with anything you post on Xbox Live.

But it's not political in any way, it's what our famous leader churchill said too, no surrender ? which is not racist in anyway and i've had it on my actual xbox profile as motto and bio and no problems what so ever over the past 3 to 4 years of being online.

scoonmillar
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
not just supporters of them would m8 any mention of a group like that even if like yours is not in support is enough to get banned and the way its wrote is the way the oppisite side would put it and mabye they think your trying to incite people microsoft are very tight on stuff like that

xxJUSTINxx
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
You have 'Scummer'? I could see someone reporting on just that alone.

ALIENWAR3
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Possibley but it's people who are out to moan and throw their toys out the prams who would report such a stupid thing, and the Scummer, is my football team, Southampton, known as Scummers.

vv uk garf vv
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
it's weird m8 if it is scummer it could mean something else in another language/religion/race and they would ban you for it.
it's not just what the word means in say the uk

DOOKH8R
04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Any reasonable or moderately rational person would have learned their lesson the first time. That is also assuming you are being forthright, as I have no reason to doubt you. However the bans from Microsoft are generally progressive in nature, and the issuance of three consecutive one month bans is not standard (although, arguably possible). It is counter-intuitive to think you can possibly circumvent the terms of service in anyway.

Simply put, it is insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

StolenPaper18
04-28-2010, 10:18 PM
It isn't your profile...It belongs to Microsoft, so to speak.

I don't understand why you didn't just change your profile after the first time.

ALIENWAR3
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I will admit i just put my sig back to the way it was because it does not cause offensive in any way shape or form and i know i am not doing anything wrong and am in the right. i honestly cannot believe the way xbox.com have proceeded it, disgraceful. but thank you for most of your fair and decent responses without arguementing the debate.

Skillet
04-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I will admit i just put my sig back to the way it was because it does not cause offensive in any way shape or form and i know i am not doing anything wrong and am in the right. i honestly cannot believe the way xbox.com have proceeded it, disgraceful. but thank you for most of your fair and decent responses without arguementing the debate.

Yeah, well, that's just... like... your opinion, man.

I don't see why Microsoft doesn't just use Bungie's "Short version" of their forum rules in the header of their Terms of Service, which, by the way, you AGREED to when you made your account. The Bungie rules read as follows:

"Bungie controls everything. You have no rights. Play nice."

The same could apply to Microsoft. When you're using Xbox Live, it's their house, and you'll do as they say. If they don't want your bio to say that, then you don't say it. Unless there's some other reason why they keep banning you... you should change it.

Even an animal knows not to sick it's nose where it hurts.

ALIENWAR3
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Sorry skill I should have made it clear they have never banned me or had complaints about my xbox live profile on my actual abox it was only when I used the same scummer and no surreder on my forum sig like I have below, had it on my actual xbox profile over 3 ish years and not one complaint, so they ban me for a sig which has no offense to anyone and the guys on here have been great including yourself who actually speaks instead of using the ban button on every tom bob and harry without consideration, cheers for your input guys,starting to calm down after xbox have made me disgusted and sickened to the stomach

lordthrash
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah, their "terms" are subject to their interpritation. Which by the way is always warped. I personally don't find anything offensive, i have an open mind and realize what is offensive to some may not be to others. I have no problem with your sig dude!

iKiddo
04-28-2010, 11:07 PM
The IRA.

Thats why. Just look at the name and think of what they have done. Any number of people could find it offensive.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
The IRA.

Thats why. Just look at the name and think of what they have done. Any number of people could find it offensive.

I find it offensive for the simple fact that the IRA has been made into a retarded terrorist group who kill innocent people when the original Irish Republican Brotherhood fought for the freedom of our country from the English but nowadays they are known widely as terrorists which I don't like .

Why would you put it there anyway , that is going into Religion and Politics which are both not allowed ...

VladimirK
04-29-2010, 12:12 AM
*~No Surrender To The IRA~*

Trust me, I support Rangers, and shit like that can get blown way out of proportion between Rangers and Celtic.

Like Frankie Boyle says.
"Imagine Muslims trying to bring religious war to Glasgow. How naive. Their about 100 years too late and they don't even have a football team".

Plus it's probably more religious than your thinking, it's got the whole Protestant v Catholic thing tied to it for a lot of people.
Catholics might even call it racist because of the No Surrender.

(You know, "The Cry was No Surrender, Surrender or you'll die! With heart and hand and sword and shield we'll guard old Derry's Walls.")

tl;dr No Surrender is very strong pro-Protestant, anti-Catholic.

And yeah, I know it's religion, but I'm giving him the answer.

Minty
04-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah, you will want to remove that from here as well.

ogbross
04-29-2010, 05:04 AM
This is a wanker ran site so your bound to get banned.

Zorlance
04-29-2010, 05:44 AM

How charming.

KillerBEA
04-29-2010, 06:02 AM
How charming.
My sentiments exactly.

Lord Yamikage
04-29-2010, 06:03 AM
"Bungie controls everything. You have no rights. Play nice."

I like that. In fact, I like that quite a lot. Even in this website, I personally believe that the Admin controls everything. We have no rights. We follow the rules, and stick to them. By doing so, everyone is happy, and there are no problems if the members had read the rules. Very fortunately, this website is run by - who I believe to be - an average guys who are not obsess with their power.

:omg

Doesn't mean they cannot be corrupted. They are human after all, right? :p

Minty
04-29-2010, 06:03 AM

And yet you still use it....

Who's the bigger fool- the fool or the person that follow's the fool??

Or in this case, you're the bigger wanker.

ALIENWAR3
04-29-2010, 06:55 AM
The only people who would have a problem are the people who support them ? nothing to do with politics in anyway, it's like saying we are not allowed a quote from the queen in our sig, because Churchill used it aswell, and alot of people have said their is no problem, only the sickening and twisted people find it offensive, but come on lads, let's not start calling each other wankers, left, right and center, it was only a thread to debate. And i've not had one person on here complain either.

Happy Gaming.

Minty
04-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Dude, you cannot have a quote that includes the IRA and say it's not political or religous. It's not a question of it gets removed, its a question of whether you do it or I do lol.

captain host
04-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Just change your moto for i love rainbow and lucky charm it should fit whit microsoft and xbox360a rules.

ALIENWAR3
04-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Just change your moto for i love rainbow and lucky charm it should fit whit microsoft and xbox360a rules.

I Will take out the IRA bit then, but that is my exact point, it's a pathetic reason to remove it. sorry but it is, seems like everything people do is offensive in another religion, even though it has no connections, would i be allowed to put support our troops in their instead ? or would that be racist ?. :uzi:

SPierce
04-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Or in this case, you're the bigger wanker.

I love this site. This is the only site I've found where the admin say stuff like that, and it's good.

Onto the problem in the original post. The amount of time you've had it doesn't matter, just that someone doesn't like it. I'd reccomend that you change it, and let it be. Just enjoy some gaming. :)

ALIENWAR3
04-29-2010, 07:24 AM
I love this site. This is the only site I've found where the admin say stuff like that, and it's good.

Onto the problem in the original post. The amount of time you've had it doesn't matter, just that someone doesn't like it. I'd reccomend that you change it, and let it be. Just enjoy some gaming. :)

So if i reported a guy on this site with IRA In his name, i should report him and the correct actions will be taken ?. and because 1 person does not like it ?. :mad:

T FUNK 1984
04-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Seriously you can't see anything wrong with it? I really think you're being a little naive. Even if you don't think so that is a highly provocative thing to have as a sig. Like someone said earlier it's very pro protestant and anti catholic even if that's not how you intend it to be, it is.

Minty
04-29-2010, 07:37 AM
So if i reported a guy on this site with IRA In his name, i should report him and the correct actions will be taken ?. and because 1 person does not like it ?. :mad:

We have 676 members with IRA in their username, just so you can check them off as you find them ;). Make sure you include links to each of the profiles you want to complain about and the reason why.

I'm struggling to see why you're surprised about it. You've been banned 3 times for it, and then you draw attention to it on here and are surprised when we have the same view on it.

If you hadn't ranted, no-one would have probably even noticed. Vladimark explained the reasons why.

ALIENWAR3
04-29-2010, 07:43 AM
We have 676 members with IRA in their username, just so you can check them off as you find them ;). Make sure you include links to each of the profiles you want to complain about and the reason why.

I'm struggling to see why you're surprised about it. You've been banned 3 times for it, and then you draw attention to it on here and are surprised when we have the same view on it.

If you hadn't ranted, no-one would have probably even noticed. Vladimark explained the reasons why.

Well if no surrender to the ira is offensive, them i am sure you can use your brain to understand why i think you should send them a warning regarding their name don't you ? or that's racist and offensive. surely ?

VladimirK
04-29-2010, 08:25 AM
So if it has no connections to anything, (religion, politics, etc.), according to you...

Did you even read my first post?
I am right on this one.

It is undeniably connected to religion and politics.

(And Minty, it's Vladimir with 2 i's, :p:biglaugh (I shouldn't correct an admin, but the grammar Nazi inside overruled my sense).).

ALIENWAR3
04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
So if it has no connections to anything, (religion, politics, etc.), according to you...

Did you even read my first post?
I am right on this one.

It is undeniably connected to religion and politics.

(And Minty, it's Vladimir with 2 i's, :p:biglaugh (I shouldn't correct an admin, but the grammar Nazi inside overruled my sense).).

I Can see where your coming from and yes you are right i am not denying that, but i do not see why i should remove it,when members are allowed it in their name, takes 2 to tango. can't be unfair on one, without sorting both out.:woop:

Minty
04-29-2010, 08:58 AM
I Can see where your coming from and yes you are right i am not denying that, but i do not see why i should remove it,when members are allowed it in their name, takes 2 to tango. can't be unfair on one, without sorting both out.:woop:

Find me a way you find Admiral offensive then. If it's a sensible reason, I'll infract them. If not, I infract you. Think there's at least 50 admirals on here.

And 50 infractions on one account would easily be a permaban.

And apologies to Vladimirk :p

Edit 2- See you decided to put it back in your signature. I wasn't fucking around. Lucky its 3 days.

jamie1000013
04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello Guys, first of all i would like to say sorry for the rant which is about to follow, i did not know where else to put it and i just wanted to express myself and wonder if anyone else has experianced the patheticness of some of the mods on the official xbox website.

Basically, since i have had live, for about 3 years, i've had no problem with my profile, no complaints, nothing, now all of a sudden out of the blue, i use the same sig i have here below, and i have been banned 3 TIMES, each of those a month at a time, because it supposedly offensive ? my sig has NOTHING offensive, racist, religious or anything regarding it, and it's my beliefs followed by my football team. i could class this as being racist to myself, as i get no respone from the pathetic team, and no decent reason behind it. are we not allowed freedom of speech ? which is what our grandfathers fought for.

(This is NOT a political thread in any kind of way, checked and i believe it's within the terms and conditions) Thanks Guys

Sorry for the rant yet again, just had to get it off my chest, makes my blood boil.

Happy Gaming

Can I see your sig?

ApochWeiss
04-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Seriously, didn't we have a post EXACTLY like this a long while ago that someone brought up having the IRA in their gamertag and being banned of it or some shit? I don't think it was you, Alienwar3, but I seem to remember this happening once before and a huge uproar occurring over it. I'm gonna hit up the search function to see if I could find it, but it may have been deleted.

Dude, you cannot have a quote that includes the IRA and say it's not political or religous. It's not a question of it gets removed, its a question of whether you do it or I do lol.

so sigged...mostly for sarcasm sake ;)

edit: Yep, deleted, couldn't find the previous thread all of this was mentioned in.

Skillet
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow, this discussion took a turn I honestly didn't see coming.

I guess there's no sense in keeping this open then.