PDA

View Full Version : This is Depressing...

rvlution
04-29-2010, 12:47 AM
In a recent BBC Radio interview with Steve Carell and Tina Fey about their new movie Date Night, the conversation briefly turned to NBC's The Office, which has been renewed for Season 7, beginning this fall. Carell was asked, "How long will you stay with The Office for? How many more series [that's British speak for "seasons"]? How long does your contract run?"

"Contract through next season," Carell answered. Asked if he could see himself signing a new contract to stay on beyond that, Carell replied, "I don't think so. That will probably be my last year."

NBC has yet to comment on this statement, as Carell's words now raise the question: If Carell leaves the show, will The Office end? Or would the network attempt to continue the series without its main character?

- NBChttp://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/108/1086587/the-office-20100428105224196-000.jpg
Like a Scott on a swing...
Source-IGN

I guess it had to come eventually. Without Carell, there isn't really much of a point to the show. Thoughts?

Massa Siggy
04-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Well shit, that sucks.
Him and Rainne Wilson are the only two reasons I watch it.

VladimirK
04-29-2010, 12:51 AM
:biglaugh, It sucks, but I wouldn't exactly say depressing.

Watch Lilja 4-Ever or something like that then call it depressing :p:biglaugh

Ryan2099
04-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Once Michael is out of the show it will go down hill fast. Really sucks about this but you have to figure this was gonna happen eventually.

rvlution
04-29-2010, 12:56 AM
My thinking is that when Carell does leave, the show will end. Sure there are other characters I like a lot but they all feed off of Michael in some way. I just can't see it working without him.

Gorilla Stomper
04-29-2010, 01:06 AM
No more Michael Scott. No more Office.

http://www.bumperstickerz.com/images/1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

Dz06lt
04-29-2010, 01:20 AM
personally cant stand the office so hopefully the show will just end, the new movie with tina fay is pretty terrible too

II TAPOUT II
04-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Very sad news. The Office is by far my favorite current sitcom on television.

personally cant stand the office so hopefully the show will just end, the new movie with tina fay is pretty terrible too

That is pretty selfish. I'm sure I don't like everything you do, that doesn't mean I want it to end, I'll just avoid it.

Dz06lt
04-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Would you rather it continue and be sub standard? or go out with a bang?

II TAPOUT II
04-29-2010, 02:02 AM
That wasn't the point of my post. But as others have said, I just can't see the show with out Steve Carell.

StolenPaper18
04-29-2010, 02:15 AM
Damn, that will suck if it ends. But, they have had a really great run. Hopefully they go out with a bang (if it is in fact the last season).

PuK3
05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I have said it before and will say it again. When The Office is canceled, I will call my cable provider and cancel my service. It will be sad to see it go, but I would hate to see the memory of the show destroyed by trying to replace Michael Scott.

I have petitioned NBC for you. Your opinion is so highly respected, that they decided to cancel it after season 6. I suppose their millions of other viewers who speak so highly of this show do not mean anything to them... Or maybe you should just keep your opinions to yourself. Or at least to a different topic. Inconsiderate ass...

Tha Choopa
05-10-2010, 06:49 AM
They should promote Creed to manager... that'll put asses in the seats.

rvlution
05-10-2010, 10:11 PM
They should promote Creed to manager... that'll put asses in the seats.

They should do that for an episode. That would be hilarious

KSizzle
05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I read about this awhile back. The Office has always been my favorite show. I love all the characters but I just don't see it working without Michael there. Jim and Dwight (2 of my favorite tv characters ever) always seem to entertain me but not to the extent of Michael Scott. If Steve does decide to leave, I think they should just end it. It has had a phenomenal run.

domn8rdom
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM
I dont know about everyone else but I see them making a season without Michael. Dont replace him thats for sure. Have him hook back up with Holly and move. Or promote him to corporate. I think there are too many great characters in this show to let it end. Sure Michael is a big piece of the Office but I think the show must go on haha.