PDA

View Full Version : Warning

Vermillion Haze
04-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Don't buy this game if you want to pick up some easy achievements. Don't let the box art fool you. This is no legend of mana.

Ive poured hours and hours into this game so far and still only have like 25gp.

However if you don't care about the pace, this game is one of the best strategy rpg's ive ever played.

ThrawnOmega
04-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I could be wrong, but I think most people going into this know that, because it's an SRPG, the achievements will be quite timeconsuming to obtain. The back of the box itself says 80 hours of gameplay, and that's likely if you only play through once. From what I've read, you could need up to three plays if you don't do things perfectly.

Anben
04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
this achievement thing just ruined everything man, maybe i should play it on another file, anyway, this is one of the few Japanese style pervert game released in us, and sometimes i feel like a pervert myself, so i need to buy it lol

Ryot Control
04-29-2010, 07:40 PM
If it wasn't long, I probably would have been pretty disappointed.

Saracin
04-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Wait, you mean there are RPG's for the 360 with easy achievements?? Anyway, so far this has been a solid title with some good ideas. And the whole generations thing hasn't been used since Phantasy Star 3.

mcnichoj
05-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Wait, you mean there are RPG's for the 360 with easy achievements??All the XBLA RPGs are pretty easy.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Wait, you mean there are RPG's for the 360 with easy achievements?? Anyway, so far this has been a solid title with some good ideas. And the whole generations thing hasn't been used since Phantasy Star 3.

Actually the last one to use the generation system would be Fire Emblem 4 which came out a few years after Phantasy Star 3, man those games were good.

But back on topic what do you expect from an jrpg so its basically mandatory that its 100 to 150 hours, at least the game doesn't demand over 300 hours or a year, I'm looking at you Doa beach volley ball and rumble roses xx, what were they thinking. And besides its they don't seem to be to hard just need to play a lot of it which is fine by me this game is great :).

Saracin
05-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Actually the last one to use the generation system would be Fire Emblem 4 which came out a few years after Phantasy Star 3, man those games were good.

But back on topic what do you expect from an jrpg so its basically mandatory that its 100 to 150 hours, at least the game doesn't demand over 300 hours or a year, I'm looking at you Doa beach volley ball and rumble roses xx, what were they thinking. And besides its they don't seem to be to hard just need to play a lot of it which is fine by me this game is great :).

Wow, I actually mentioned DOAX2 and Rumble Roses in another forum with someone mentioning how long this will take lol

And I've never been all that good at the Fire Emblem games, so forgive me for not being aware. Thank you for pointing it out though.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah I mean you know a game has ridiculous achievements like that when it has live blogs that take months on end of the guy writing down everything for how long he plays and how days straight hes played.

Oh no i wasn't trying to insult you, in fact I don't blame you for not knowing that game you needed to be fan translated to actually be played which it did get a 7 years ago I belive, if you dont know Japanese so its okay for not knowing, but since I did mention it definitely try it out its good but man still surprised you knew about Phantasy Star 3 and oh no problem :).

Saracin
05-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Yeah I mean you know a game has ridiculous achievements like that when it has live blogs that take months on end of the guy writing down everything for how long he plays and how days straight hes played.

Oh no i wasn't trying to insult you, in fact I don't blame you for not knowing that game you needed to be fan translated to actually be played which it did get a 7 years ago I belive, if you dont know Japanese so its okay for not knowing, but since I did mention it definitely try it out its good but man still surprised you knew about Phantasy Star 3 and oh no problem :).

Knew about it? Heck I beat it and it really wasn't worth the time looking back lol. Still list Phantasy Star 4 as one of the best RPG's ever. And don't worry, I wasn't insulted. I try not to sound like I know everything, just been playing games a long time, mostly RPG's. Hmm, felt really old there for a second.