PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts so far compared to SF4

optics
04-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I like being able to change certain characters voices. I was hoping for this feature back on SF4.

Replay.... Finally!!! Any online competitive game should have this feature.

The background pic for the Main Menu is lookin kinda.... yenno.

Seems like they toned down Mr. Manhattan err I mean Seth. He used to be a pain, even on Medium, but not any more. He still gets away with some cheap stuff, just doesn't do it as often.

I wish they didn't get rid of the theatre mode or whatever it was called.

I miss old announcer's voice.

With Time Attack and Survival gone, there is really nothing to do offline. Arcade... yeah... lemme go through all those characters again. Sure you can say the game was meant to be played online, but sometimes, you just need to take a break.

Other than the theme song ;) are you guys missing anything?

neubourn
04-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Its definitely a much needed improvement over SF4. I enjoy the little changes...they make a ton of difference, such as the colors/taunts/ultra move you select for each character is remembered by the game so you dont have to do it each time, its a nice touch.

The replay menu is great, you can save your fights from the battle log and host a party and your friends can see some of the great (or not so great) fights youve had.

Endless Battle is alot of fun, but i think they shouldve limited to 4 or 5 players, nobody plays in the 8 player ones since they dont want to wait forever to fight. Team Battle isnt as great as i thought it would be, but its not too bad.

I definitely like these new characters then the SFIV ones. Definitely a strong cast of characters this time around, not that all the Ryu/Ken/Akuma players would ever notice though.

Madfrog0
04-29-2010, 08:13 PM
it seems to be a little better so far, but im just starting out so ill let ya know

ShaggyB
04-29-2010, 08:34 PM
really? Theater mode is gone? Dang... After i noticed Ryus ending was the same i stopped watching them... well i watched Juri's

I thought Seth had been rightfully toned down.

The only thing i miss is the brick break from SF2.

Im still working my way through the characters so.... I love Ken's second Ultra... much better than the flaming uppercut. (like the range)

Juri's first one sucks... just makes normal moves hurt more... but i noted the computer has catch up AI when you use it.... I even dropped to easiest to see if it was present there... and every time i hit the ultra... the opponent begins to respond and counter more.

anyone else see that?

Ratpelt
04-29-2010, 08:37 PM
I agree with the OP regarding the hideous menu layout. The SFIV menus had style and class, but these new ones are the bad kind of ugly.

The removal of Time Trial mode, Survival mode and the Gallery is shocking. No more unlockable artwork, no more intro/outro replays, in short, an abomination.

The music is a vast improvement. The online architecture is still poor, but it's better than it was. The replay channels are a good way to get to know the new characters, or they would be if there was some kind of discernment of quality regarding what gets uploaded.

As for the new characters, very pleasing. Especially brand new character Juri, who is just epic.

All in all they made a great game play even better, although they sacrificed the overall prettiness to do it as well as removing any pleasure that could formerly be found playing offline.

ShaggyB
04-29-2010, 08:39 PM
As for the new characters, very pleasing. Especially brand new character Juri, who is just epic.

took me a round or two to get the hang of her... but shes a great addition.

Cymru kakashi
04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm loving this game, Played SF4 a lot but I only really played Ryu. Ive started to branch out more in this game and i'm now learning Cody. The suble little changes are brilliant like the ability to choose voice per character and the character select staying over your last used character. The only things I miss is the theme from SF4 and the new announcer is just weird.

masterlink55
04-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I agree with the OP regarding the hideous menu layout. The SFIV menus had style and class, but these new ones are the bad kind of ugly.

The removal of Time Trial mode, Survival mode and the Gallery is shocking. No more unlockable artwork, no more intro/outro replays, in short, an abomination.

I personally love the way the menus are setup. I really don't understand what everyone's talking about. Ken and Ryu's faces are VERY close to each other on the first screen. I mean yea it looks pretty funny, but it doesn't bother me.
Time Trial, Survival, and Gallery? I don't know about the rest of the SF community but I've personally ALWAYS found all 3 of these modes completely unnecessary. I refuse to buy a video game merely to view artwork and videos which ALL become yesterday's news after being viewed only once. I DON'T want to 'test my skills' by fighting an endless wave of enemies with one life bar, and its NOT that I suck...I just don't find the mode fun. Period. Time Trial (or Time Attack wutever), to me, has always been Arcade Mode with a timer. 'Fun times.' No intros and outros for replays? Does anyone else REALLY care to see them everytime they view a replay?.....
I mean absolutely NO HARM to anyone who appreciates these modes for what they are. ALL I'm trying to say is that these things are NOT what makes Street Fighter 'Street Fighter.' I consider the list of things Capcom removed mere unnecessary bonuses. Super Street Fighter 4 is damn near perfect to me. I have absolutely no complaints.

Black Ryu
04-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Enjoy the new game immensely.

1. Glad Seth got toned way the eff down. Cap'n Cheap was so annoying that I had to resort to Mortal Kombat 1 strategy and block/roundhouse sweep him in order to win for guaranteed wins.
2. Juri's air EX and ground EX multiple flip kick is amazing and makes you HAVE to learn OTG strats. Gotten snuck up upon the first few times I played those using her with that.
3. Balrog can be tamed with Dudley. Dudley is the new boxer of choice (since that headbutt doesn't seem to hold the priority it used to or maybe I'm quicker than I used to be)
4. Background art for the menus are truly blah. The opener is a little homo-erotic, but it's Street Fighter and and anyone who has seen Darun Mister, I mean, Hakan ;) can get beyond it. It doesn't ruin gameplay and is just aesthetic.
5. No more J-rock soundtrack. AMEN. Being forced to unlock the ability to change voices? Backwards thinking, but cool with what you can do after it is unlocked.
6. Third Strike and Alpha characters fit in like a dream. Makoto EX rush down still will eat fools lunches. Ibuki is the only one who seems to have suffered from the move (but in a good way). Her damage seems to have scaled UP from memory. Cody is the only OP one out of the new batch.
7. Button inputs shown for the Trials (which the first one was lacking). Should've been in the first one, but they got it right this time. Kudos to Capcom.
8. Online play is WORLDS ahead of the first one. Glad to see that it all has come full enough circle to work properly.
9. All characters unlocked from the get go. Smart move by Capcom to get any and all walks of life (from the casual to competitive SF player) into purchasing it.
10. Sad that they are going to push the BIG bundle of SFIV outfits till July something. I know they gotta make their money back, but don't nickel and dime me if I just want it all in one payment.

That's all I got.

optics
04-29-2010, 11:58 PM
7. Button inputs shown for the Trials (which the first one was lacking). Should've been in the first one, but they got it right this time. Kudos to Capcom.

Actually, you were able to see the movement inputs. I think you press BACK or something, and the name of the attack changes to the actual input (Hadouken -> DtF P). In Super, it will say the move, but if you press BACK, a window pops up, stopping the action. Then if you forget what the input was, you'd have to press BACK again. I preferred SF4 for that one.

HeartlessCanadian
04-30-2010, 02:43 AM
i find it much more enjoyable then the original, im loving the new characters and how they added team battle and endless battle stuff. i kinda wish they made the trials more situational and kept sagats power the same as sf4.

Soulflyy
04-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah enjoying it so far

yeah menu is kinda..err more oldskool :P

i miss Time Trials, Survival mode but no biggy

also the new guy talking is crap they should fire him :p

SUBJECT BK201
05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I like a lot of the dynamics the "small" tweaks have added to the characters as a whole, i mean, it now makes Honda vs Sagat interesting to watch now. But i think the most interesting feature to me is the ability to turn the game on and not actually fight anybody. I can start a party, invite 7 friends and go watch replays of ranked/endless fights we've all had over the last few hours/days. This is one of the best things ever and Namco, considering they added replay functions to T6BR, they should have come up with this first.

It could do with small tweaks though (hopefully that could be addressed with the Championship Mode update) like being able to pass on host priveleges in the replay channel instead of having to leave and create a new room but im good.

Ratpelt
05-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Time Trial, Survival, and Gallery? I don't know about the rest of the SF community but I've personally ALWAYS found all 3 of these modes completely unnecessary. I refuse to buy a video game merely to view artwork and videos which ALL become yesterday's news after being viewed only once. I DON'T want to 'test my skills' by fighting an endless wave of enemies with one life bar, and its NOT that I suck...I just don't find the mode fun. Period. Time Trial (or Time Attack wutever), to me, has always been Arcade Mode with a timer. 'Fun times.' No intros and outros for replays? Does anyone else REALLY care to see them everytime they view a replay?.....
I mean absolutely NO HARM to anyone who appreciates these modes for what they are. ALL I'm trying to say is that these things are NOT what makes Street Fighter 'Street Fighter.' I consider the list of things Capcom removed mere unnecessary bonuses. Super Street Fighter 4 is damn near perfect to me. I have absolutely no complaints.

I know they aren't 100% necessary to make the game fun, in fact I agree that SSF4>SF4, but it seems silly to take away extras in the reissue. Not adding more would make sense, but they added the bonus stages as individually playable extras, so why remove perfectly good content?

Redskinsfan26
05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
The only thing I miss from SFIV is probably Theatre mode and the Announcer because the new guy just sounds awkward. Other than that, I think it's one of the best fighting games to have come out in a while. I'm probably going to trade in Tekken 6 for it.

Deadly Moves
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Lovin it so far.. really like using Adon and Juri.. i just wish people would stop bummin Ryu and Ken online. there is 35 charcters for gods sake, try someone else thats less newbie!

kingofthstrays
05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
i say for 40 dollars it a steal plus its time consuming to get to 1000
and unlike the namco -bandai games ....cough! soulcalibur....cough! tekken you got to know you stuff in this game or you will get you ass beat in i think this is a no spamming games pros will eat you alive

AcidGlowx81
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Great upgrade to SF4. I like the Endless Battle mode with a group of friends.
I don't like the main menu art.. homo.. :p
The damage/health reduction to Sagat (the disease of the game) was much needed. He's more fair now and can't win with 4 tiger uppercuts anymore. :p
The method for unlocking colors and taunts is good. Now everyone can have them all without doing those time/survival trials.

WeAreTheFuture
05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Its definitely a much needed improvement over SF4. I enjoy the little changes...they make a ton of difference, such as the colors/taunts/ultra move you select for each character is remembered by the game so you dont have to do it each time, its a nice touch.

The replay menu is great, you can save your fights from the battle log and host a party and your friends can see some of the great (or not so great) fights youve had.

Endless Battle is alot of fun, but i think they shouldve limited to 4 or 5 players, nobody plays in the 8 player ones since they dont want to wait forever to fight. Team Battle isnt as great as i thought it would be, but its not too bad.

I definitely like these new characters then the SFIV ones. Definitely a strong cast of characters this time around, not that all the Ryu/Ken/Akuma players would ever notice though. nout wrong with akuma ;) i think its a massive improvement over vanila sf4 but yes there isnt alot to do offline :/ ive just gone back and forth from arcade mode to trials, and if i play anyone online other than with friends i get decimated :/

Deadly Moves
05-04-2010, 01:10 AM
I don't like the main menu art.. homo.. :p
only if you have hidden homoerotic thoughts. I for one dont think there is anything homosexual about that menu

UK Dennis
05-04-2010, 01:16 AM
I think this deserves its own game, and as everyone else has said, it is well worth the full price tag :p

The only things i dont like about this game is the achievement difficulty (because i suck at this game :p)
Also, i dont like the box art ;)

Deadly Moves
05-04-2010, 02:04 AM
I think this deserves its own game, and as everyone else has said, it is well worth the full price tag :p

The only things i dont like about this game is the achievement difficulty (because i suck at this game :p)
Also, i dont like the box art ;)
Its a Capcom game. All Capcom games have hard acheevs.. :(
And i have to agree with you about the crappy box art... Although its not really that important is it

Don Pedro X
06-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I cant say Ive missed anything to be honest, I love what they have done with the game, apart from the gay title screen lol