PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to make money.

Lazy_Penguin1989
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
While trying to find full health and full restoring health while reviving a dead character on the wiki for this game I found the item Vessel of Life which does revive and restore full health to said character, and while selling stuff I didn't need I saw this item go up for the selling price of 50,000 gold :woop: and the adventure guild sells for only 25 TP each :eek:. And for the people who don't know how to get TP is the max amount of hits you got on a monster, there's no really good way to grind as far as I know, quest areas battles don't up your counter but if your to high of level the end results of battles will drop your TP rate for example so instead of getting 9 you will get 6 even if you get an S rank.

So if your doing the above grinding way its a very slow process but here are a few a tips if you want to do it.

-Shorten the fight animations to make fights go faster, its in the settings.

-And if you don't feel like doing work if your a good enough level you can let the game auto play(hit the back button) just be warned the the AI loves to have every character hit a monster and with every characters use pretty much all available AP to have the hit count going higher which is what you want but if the character isn't really good with defense like Ellis or Vira and the monster has counter and they use an attack most likely trick hit the AI could pretty much get them killed so just putting that out.

-Bring characters that have attacks that do as much of hits as possible like for example Ellis and Vira with Impulse(or characters you gave the ability to) attacks like those and and have all characters in extended areas to attack on one enemy also try to break the monster so you can get an extended hits for combine attacks, and lastly like I said with combine attacks use them as much as possible to break or after you break a monster like Fyuria and Zerva combined attack Holy Mist with attacks Ascension and Black Mist(attack that you can also like above attack, buy at the Adventure Guild with the right books bought at the Item Store or get secret technique/art as an reward for getting a title, no worries you can acquire these titles at the first generation just by playing normally like win 75 battles and defeat 350 monsters) which can hit a monster 6 times when monster is break or combined attack Sonic Blast which can go up to 8 hits when monster is break.

-Try to get hit count at least 25 or up to 40 or more on one monster, to get good amount of TP without the end rate dropping it to low.

-If characters aren't getting the SP to do their extra skill which can get your hit count much higher and help break monsters, use Ellis or another character who can heal to heal people and that will bring their sp count up to five even when their at full health so use that to your advantage even in normal play.

Edit: Also You need to be a little farther in the first generation for the guild to open up more options(In fact many options open up after completing certain story events) for the shop that uses TP to buy secret arts and etc. in the adventure guild opens around time after you come back from the cave and you go back to Rigulus's Capital city to tell the King you beaten the monster in the cave.

I might be wrong but that's when I think it opened up, the items in the shop are another thing as stated above you need to unlock the items through getting titles as the rewards are what unlocks them.

Ryot Control
04-29-2010, 07:44 PM
The auto system is hard to watch sometimes. It likes to make my magic casters melee, which does absolutely not damage whatsoever, then get totally set up for death. Glad there is a soft reset in the game.

Lazy_Penguin1989
04-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah the Auto Battle can sometimes do a good job but most of the time especially against level headed monsters and at the start of the battle is suicide I just use against weak guys, or at the very end of the battle against one or two magic users, usually gets a good hit count, and i agree with ya on reset without that and cut animations in half time I would still be in the middle of the first generation :p.

Dead Space Girl
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Wait, you can shorten the animations?!?!

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I found out how to do it now.

ThrawnOmega
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
How far into the game do you need to be to do this? I'm 33 turns in, and an at the second town, and the Adventurer's guild currently only lets me complete titles.

Lazy_Penguin1989
04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
I knew I forgot to put something down in my post sorry about that I'll edit when the adventure guild lets those options open up.

Lazy_Penguin1989
04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Another update to the list of tips that could help not only in this but in normal play of the game.(Its the SP tip)

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Those little money makers also make any boss fight a breeze. Ive purposly made entire boss teams waste a combo attack on 1 bait character then brought them back to life /w full health. Boss's and thier minions tend to always go for a unit attack on 1 weak character anyways, so why not exploit this.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah the bait the boss with a tank is pretty much how I won against the dark knight and the false god in the forest, man what cheap bastards.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Yeah the bait the boss with a tank is pretty much how I won against the dark knight and the false god in the forest, man what cheap bastards.

The Black Knight was a chump! But then again i'm basically giving this game's "No freedom whatsoever if you want the true ending" rule the finger. No way im I not going to do what I want on my first playthrough, true ending be damned. 500 turns is lame, it basically only lets you level in dungeons since fields take up a turn per battle.

This truly is the best SRPG since Disgaea 1.

Did you ever play the old Growlanser games this spawned from? Those were classics as well.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:18 AM
I've heard of them I definitely try to look for them, maybe get them through amazon, that's how I got Sakura Wars, AR Tonelico series, Valkyrie profile series, and Fire Emblem games with good cheap prices and in good condition.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm playing Sakura Wars right now as well
It's actually way more korny than this game but you would never know it taking one look at the Agarest Naughty special edition box.

Buy Growlanser Generations.

It has Growlanser 1 and 2

2 being the best in the series.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Definitely will they look good and i like the art style, I hope people who played Last Remnant will play where they got that type of game play, like Ogre Battle.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Ogre Battle 64 is probably my all time favorite SRPG. It's better then even tactics in my opinion.

Anyway hit me up on XBL if you ever feel like bsing about the glory days of rpgs or currents.

GT: Vermillion Haze

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Will do, and I agree definitely better then tatics, not that that game was bad or anything, especially a very dark game and horrifying downer ending.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Will do, and I agree definitely better then tatics, not that that game was bad or anything, especially a very dark game and horrifying downer ending.

Tactics is the strangest game ever if you think about how mature it was compared to what squaresoft usually puts out at that time period.

Ogre Battle was insanely deep
You even had to plot out who took over which towns based on the characters alignment matching up with the towns morale or w/e

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah I mean I'm surprised nothing even in this time period was censored i mean my god what a crapsack world because of well of the church in all, and damn that game just had so many options so many statics to worry about and that's why loved it.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Yup clearly the best N64 game period.

Ray5555
05-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I'd save it until after you bought the Sword of Kings that is one of the best swords in the game. money isn't that hard to get.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Don't use Tp on any of that stuff until you have a lot of it even then I have doubts to use anything there if you see my New Game Plus guide in the middle of it i posted a way to get really good gear including something even better then that sword for fighters, hell you could make the sword of kings if you want with this method and yes lots of money will be useful to make stuff especially for everybody if your playing the game on easy its not to necessary since the game is not to hard, but on hard your going to need all the advantages you can get especially getting good gear early for each generation and new characters you pick up.

Besides the best stuff in the game come much much later when you start using captured/combined monsters for weapons those plus maxed stats get you attack power of 9,999 dmg. from what I'm hearing from people who played the European version on forums.

Plus you really want to give good weapons to the characters you will use in generation 3 damn the game get much much harder the difficulty spike just jumps and its pretty much the hurdle of the game and its outright telling you to invest on making your equipment better, plus getting your attributes up, also getting good equipment with good slots so you can pull off those really damaging movies in the esoteric book, and you really only need to do this 1 or 2 maybe a 3 time and that's it, and lastly you can even find some these weapons in dungeons in the game and dlc dungeons that they put in our version. Also you might as well make the best equipment since all of the stuff go to the next generation, for both weapons/all kinds of weapons, armor, and accessories.

Zenquen
05-04-2010, 04:13 AM
So for someone who has not played this game, a lot of what is being said and discussed does not make complete sense. Currently is the conscensus to start the game on hard just to play it safe or start on easy/normal and save PP for hard.

I personally started on normal but I am having difficulty getting into it when I have this nagging concern in the back of my head (did I choose the right difficulty?)

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Yeah the game is a little hard even on easy, if you feel its getting to hard I say switch to easy to learn the ropes if you haven gotten that far, I'm doing it make Hard easier and to see the story first.