PDA

View Full Version : disc question

chao365
04-29-2010, 11:17 PM
i dont know if this is the correct place to post this but please tell me where to go if this is the wrong spot. i have a disc that scratched alot and wont let me play the game but it does reconize what game it is. my friend told me installing his game that isnt scratched up to my hard drive will make my game work when ever i use it on my xbox. i just want to know if thats true.

Chris240191
04-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I have wandered the same thing and I think it should work because the data on your hard drive will be that from your friends disc and your disc is just used as confirmation that it is the correct game as far as I know.

I have not been able to try this out for myself but I too would like confirmation, but like I said I think it should work.

IVIan13earPig
04-29-2010, 11:43 PM
My brother did this, and I know it works because I have seen it in action on his xbox. If you want specific details on how to do it, I can ask my brother for you. Have you tried fixing the disc? There are various methods you can try. For a free method, you can put basic toothpaste on the disc - put out a small dab and wipe it around in a circular motion around the disc, let the toothpaste dry, and then wipe it off. You can try buying some of the disc cleaner stuff, but that might not be worth the money. Again, if you want me to ask my bro how to do it just let me know.

$RebelG
04-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Don't know where you're from, but if you pop into any local chain game store then they will give you a disc clean which takes off a lot of the scratches from the disc so you can be able to play it again. It cost me about 5 from GAME with my IV disc and it worked perfectly after.

chao365
04-30-2010, 01:08 AM
well my disk scratches are actually dug in deep and it happened when i acidently hit my xbox while the disk was in and it made a noise and the disc was scratched up horribly. ive also tried the toothpaste and that helped to make my xbox reconize the disc

RuFiO
04-30-2010, 01:15 AM
I actually had to do just that. My brother knocked over my parents xbox when I was visiting them. The 360 managed to scratch it where the MP part of the game is so I couldn't play certain maps without getting the dirty disc error. When I got home I just took my roommates copy of MW2 and downloaded it to the HDD and I just use my scratched disc so that I am able to play the game.

Aceman417
04-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Yes I can confirm that this is true. My Kung Fu Panda has the infamous circle scratch from moving the console around while on and it recognises but doesn't work. I borrowed from video store and installed and it works fine.

BlackTitan666
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
yes that works did that with gears of war 1