PDA

View Full Version : Reach Beta Carry Over to Full Game?

Invader2010
04-30-2010, 03:45 AM
So, does anybody know if your rank/armor/credits/etc...from the Beta, carry over to the full game of Halo: Reach when it is released?

xSSKT
04-30-2010, 03:47 AM
From what I have been reading no they do not.. I am still looking forward to checking out the new stuff tho :D

balance13
04-30-2010, 03:54 AM
No it should not, or I hope it doesn't

StolenPaper18
04-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Has any game every carried the stats from a beta to the full game? I've never played one that has...

Edit: I realize that sounded kind of rude, I wasn't trying to be...I was actually curious.

The Lovat Scout
04-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Nah, it's been confirmed in two Halo: Reach videos you can download off the marketplace, and in the last update it tells you that credits, armor unlocks, everything, won't carry over. So spend what you got sucka!@ :p

Invader2010
04-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Thanks.. I wasn't sure because I've never done a beta before.. and this one i got early :P Oh well.. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it til' May 19th... this game is amazing.

The Lovat Scout
04-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Thanks.. I wasn't sure because I've never done a beta before.. and this one i got early :P Oh well.. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it til' May 19th... this game is amazing.
I'm glad you think its amazing. People in the bnet forums are actually saying it sucks and really making me a sad panda :( I'm trying my best to ignore them, so your post has brought hope, lol. Have fun!...and hope you don't find me on the opposite team :p

Atroxx70
04-30-2010, 05:01 AM
Has any game every carried the stats from a beta to the full game? I've never played one that has...

Edit: I realize that sounded kind of rude, I wasn't trying to be...I was actually curious.

Actually, most MMO's let you keep your progression from the Beta test into the live game. I think this is mostly done because they actually want a few people running around a few levels higher than everyone else. Helps everyone progress a little quicker that way.

Analgia
04-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Has any game every carried the stats from a beta to the full game?
Bad Company 2 kept all the dog tags that I got in the Beta

People in the bnet forums
Starcraft 2?

F8L Fool
04-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Actually, most MMO's let you keep your progression from the Beta test into the live game. I think this is mostly done because they actually want a few people running around a few levels higher than everyone else. Helps everyone progress a little quicker that way.

Absolutely and unequivocally false statement. Of the ~20 or so MMO beta tests I have done, stemming as far back as 1998, only three have allowed you to carry over any remnant of your character/experience from your time in the beta. Of those three only one is still active (Lineage 2), and it was a gigantic mistake on NCSoft's behalf to actually allow beta testers to keep their toons.

But in regards to Halo: Reach, they were touching on the "Pre-Season" (beta) stats during several videos and interviews. They may or may not go on your card when the game goes love as they haven't fully delved into that whole setup. There's no way in hell they'd let people keep anything else. It would completely ruin the balance of the game since there are actual unlocks now.

Atroxx70
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Absolutely and unequivocally false statement. Of the ~20 or so MMO beta tests I have done, stemming as far back as 1998, only three have allowed you to carry over any remnant of your character/experience from your time in the beta. Of those three only one is still active (Lineage 2), and it was a gigantic mistake on NCSoft's behalf to actually allow beta testers to keep their toons.

But in regards to Halo: Reach, they were touching on the "Pre-Season" (beta) stats during several videos and interviews. They may or may not go on your card when the game goes love as they haven't fully delved into that whole setup. There's no way in hell they'd let people keep anything else. It would completely ruin the balance of the game since there are actual unlocks now.

I beta'd 2 MMO's and they let me keep my progress, so that's what I based that on. However, every single unlockable item in Halo Reach is purely cosmetic so there's no way possible to ruin any sort of balance by letting people keep their progress.

Kyoujin
04-30-2010, 07:24 AM
It does not, sadly. ;[ Kinda would be nice if they did, but from what I've heard it won't.

SaltyLarry
05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
As I've read yesterday, every stat in the Beta will get reset when it closes. So they say that you shouldn't save credits you earn for later, spend it.

LMC1
05-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Highly doubt it will carry on to the actual game. This would spoil it a bit.

N3xus Gam3r
05-01-2010, 11:04 AM
maybe the people that says it sucks, is not used to the new controls?