PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened?

J Lo
03-30-2007, 02:07 AM
Okay, yesterday I had around 430 posts. Now I have around 390. Also, I noticed that 20 pages of the Achievement Trading Thread for Gears of War was cut off. What happened guys? :confused:

Minty
03-30-2007, 07:59 AM
The mods have started to clear down all the achievement trading threads. Anything over a month old has been deleted to keep the threads clutter free, and to encourage more people to use them rather start up a new thread every day.

This will happen with things like FAQ threads and Achievement guides at some point as well.

celr831
03-30-2007, 09:26 AM
The FAQ threads are helpful even though some may be old, because one can look back at questions already asked and find the answer they are looking for instead of starting a new thread.

Minty
03-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I didnt mean the FAQs will be deleted, I mean they will be updated and questions that have been asked will be added into them

celr831
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Your a quick on Minty! Thanks for the clarification.

Shaaady Souljah
03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
old posts get deleted all the time. it is not that big of deal... it definitely keeps the site running more smoothly, as there is less clutter everywhere for people to sift through when searching for stuff.

you only lost 40 or so posts. so i would say its ok. and besides, you are well over any kind of bench mark you would ever need to participate in any activities around here. ;)

munkyxtc
03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
minty / web --

You guys might want to check out this post @ vbulletin:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12420

Can prune old threads and still maintain users post counts.

BlazeDragon132
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Nice find munkey! I knew that generally people can code forum software to change the way the forum works.
I thought about buying vBulletin, but the cost of it is too much for me to handle right now. I also don't know if I can intergrate it with Joomla! software. Still though, I might buy it if I can get enough revenue from Google AdSense.

angry
03-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes nice find munkey, I paid out money for an Invision Board and worked it alongside php. It worked out great for a while but i just lost intrest and did not rebuy the license after it ran out.

munkyxtc
03-30-2007, 05:46 PM
well, this mod is for an older version of Vbulletin; however, I knew it existed because I stumbled across it when I was using that version. I no longer have a license so I can't search their forums to find a mod for this version of the software; although I would imagine that one certainly does exist.

Webb
03-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Appreciate the link. Will look in to it despite the post count being nothing but a number ;)

J Lo
03-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Appreciate the link. Will look in to it despite the post count being nothing but a number ;)

It's not like I care about my post number like some people care about their level in Halo 2 (:p ) I was just wondering what happened to them, that's all.