PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to post any bugs/glitches when the beta releases? If so, which forum?

The Lovat Scout
04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Bungie has dedicated a new forum called "Halo: Reach Beta Feedback. Unless your thread about a bug gets to be around 60 or so replies, it usually gets flooded and lost within the other threads. Even before the inital release of the beta, that forum is still crazy.

I asked one of the mods here in a PM if they were going to make a Sub-Forum for the Beta here, so we could better sort out the general Reach threads with the Reach Beta threads. They never replied :confused: lol.

I might post glitches and bugs here instead, just so I can keep track of them all and maybe everyone else will post theirs as well, and then I can link our list form here to the Bnet forums so they can see it. Either way, I was just curious if anyone here were planning on posting about anything they found or if they were just going to play the game.

balance13
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Most mods on the site are lazy(please don't ban me) :p

Ask creech you can usually get an answer out of him, though I doubt they would make a sub forum.

The Lovat Scout
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Most mods on the site are lazy(please don't ban me) :p

Ask creech you can usually get an answer out of him, though I doubt they would make a sub forum.
That was actually the first time I didn't get a response back form a mod, lol. And I think it would only make sense to make a sub-forum, but if not I suppose i's not a big deal. I'm sure when the beta hits though, this forum will likely be destroyed with threads, lol. Who knows, I guess we'l just find out.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
I just renewed my bungie Pro and added more render minutes. So I can film and post any bugs we may come upon. But unless another one of those contests comes up or someone who used the exploit helps me out, I'm not getting in the fray until monday

Atroxx70
04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I think an "official" bug thread would be appropriate so that we can organize a little better. If something turns out to be a common problem, then we can move it over to the Bnet forums.

Off topic question to mods: Are we violating the ToS by talking about posting in another forum?

balance13
04-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I think an "official" bug thread would be appropriate so that we can organize a little better. If something turns out to be a common problem, then we can move it over to the Bnet forums.

Off topic question to mods: Are we violating the ToS by talking about posting in another forum?

No I think it is legit to talk about Bnet, I mean it is there game and you can find solid information on the site.

Atroxx70
04-30-2010, 05:06 PM
No I think it is legit to talk about Bnet, I mean it is there game and you can find solid information on the site.

Right, but they don't usually approve of talking about other specific forums. Might be an exception in this case though, just thought I'd check before this thread got deleted and we all got infractions or something.

Then again, this is x360a and not the ps3 sister site, the mods over there are freaking nazi's.

golobayj
05-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Do you really anticipate enough bugs to require a sub-forum? I think an official thread might be sufficient. I think while definitely the beta provides some valuable feedback for Bungie, a large part of its purpose is to generate hype surrounding the game. They won't be releasing a significantly bugged beta. Well, I don't think they will anyways.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-01-2010, 03:45 AM
just like they wouldnt release a significantly bugged final version of the game? Haha good times dummy glitching and super jumping in halo 2

SaltyLarry
05-01-2010, 11:38 AM
I think I'll be dualposting, both here on x360a.org and on bungie.net.

Skillet
05-01-2010, 03:29 PM
1: There's no point in posting glitches here. We can't do ANYTHING about them and I know I won't be submitting them to Bungie for you.

With that in mind, it makes a sub-forum for the beta pretty useless, since it would only be open for a little over two weeks and I highly doubt Bungie staff is going to check it when they have hundreds of thousands of threads being made every hour or less on their own beta boards.

2: Talking about bungie.net and telling people to go to bungie.net instead of here are two different apples.

Obviously, posting about the beta is fine... I'm sure there will be plenty of people posting about their experiences (hopefully including me). But when it comes to bug reporting, keep it over on Bungie. It's useless here.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-01-2010, 04:01 PM
1: There's no point in posting glitches here. We can't do ANYTHING about them and I know I won't be submitting them to Bungie for you.

With that in mind, it makes a sub-forum for the beta pretty useless, since it would only be open for a little over two weeks and I highly doubt Bungie staff is going to check it when they have hundreds of thousands of threads being made every hour or less on their own beta boards.

2: Talking about bungie.net and telling people to go to bungie.net instead of here are two different apples.

Obviously, posting about the beta is fine... I'm sure there will be plenty of people posting about their experiences (hopefully including me). But when it comes to bug reporting, keep it over on Bungie. It's useless here. Are we allowed to post links to threads on their forums about bugs we find a post there?

Skillet
05-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Are we allowed to post links to threads on their forums about bugs we find a post there?

THAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!

http://img.youtube.com/vi/TM-G0bkl8MQ/0.jpg

No seriously.... why?

Hot Juicy Pie
05-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Typing fail on my part. IDK, I just don't like their forums...

Unorganized children running around ape-shit and humping doorknobs...

But to clarify, what I meant was If I find a bug and post it there, can I link the thread here to show other members here who are civil and I can stand to talk with.

Skillet
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't really see the point in doing that.

It's one thing if you find a particularly annoying glitch or something. But for the most part, reporting bugs and other various problems should really stay on the forum Bungie set up for that.

I'm sure there will be more than a few people in here venting their rage, I see no reason to add to that with bug reports that don't apply to us.

TpYourHouse
05-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Many of the games bugs have already been reported by the people who have the beta already.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Many of the games bugs have already been reported by the people who have the beta already. Doesn't mean there aren't more to be found.

Atroxx70
05-02-2010, 06:25 AM
I look at it this way: I'm not going to be posting any bugs over on bnet for a couple of reason, mostly because in the time it takes you to type out a reply to the very first thread in the forum and hit the submit button, that thread has already been pushed all the way to page 3. And of course there is the fact that should I happen to find a bug, I find it highly unlikely that I'll be the only person in the world to find it. So there's really no point in going over there and posting a bug that I'm sure will be pointed out by a few hundred other people.

So with that in mind, should I happen to come across any bugs, I will most likely try to discuss them here with you guys. We're a whole helluva lot less cluttered over here.