PDA

View Full Version : Missing Achievement

WogDogg
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. I have 10 achievements out of the total 12, but if you compare games with me or if I look at my achievements, it says I have 9/12. If I click on it and look at them individually though, it shows 10 unlocked.

WTF?

Cable Player
05-03-2010, 10:08 PM
This happened to me with Left for Dead 2. Before I bought 'The Passing' DLC I had all but 2 achievements, but when looking at my gamerscore it was missing a 15:gsicon: achievement. When comparing achievements with other people you could see this achievement, but when I eventually get 1250:gsicon:/ 100%:gsicon: it will not show up as a completed game as it thinks I still need that extra 15:gsicon:
This has also happened with my friends Left for Dead 1, where numerous achievements have glitched in the same way. A few hundred:gsicon: has not 'registered' properly.

A method that was suggested to me before is to clear the system cache, but from what I was told this also deletes all your achievements that do not have a date stamp on. (All achievements obtained offline)

I could not receive a straight answer in my original post when I asked why this 'glitch' had happened. I also could not receive a straight answer as to if you clear the system cache, does it delete the offline achievements you have gained?

Hope this helps, and if you find a resolution for our problem, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a private message with a link to the thread/web page.

Avenged Remains
05-09-2010, 03:31 PM
That happened to me on Fallout with the Broken Steel dlc. The fix was to recover your profile, unsure if that'll work for this but may be worth a try. You'll have to get the achievement again though =/

A method that was suggested to me before is to clear the system cache, but from what I was told this also deletes all your achievements that do not have a date stamp on. (All achievements obtained offline)

As far as I know this isn't true, I've cleared my cache quite a few times trying to fix my RSV glitched achievement and none of my achievements (online or offline) have been deleted :)