PDA

View Full Version : Recovering an account with no Windows Live ID

Lazermatt
04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, in a bit of a kerfuffle. I made a silver XBL US account on an old HD ages ago with a name I am quite fond of, though it was back when you didnt need a Windows Live ID to play. I could just make another one but I'm a little OCD, dont like taking up names when its unnessecary, especially when I already have one. Is there any way for me to recover it?

kaleido42
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
You could try moving it from one hard drive to another using (considering it was on a 360 hard drive) either a memory card or a usb stick.

dakisbac
05-01-2010, 12:42 AM
When was this? As far as I know you've always needed a Windows Live ID to make an account (though it many not have always been called that). If you sign into that profile and go to Account Management I'm sure you'll see an email address there.

Seeing as you need an email address for the recovery process, if you're actually right then it's impossible- although you may do what kaleido suggested and use a memory stick/USB to transfer it.

gamerguy69
05-01-2010, 01:03 AM
The fact that you want to recover the account suggests that you no longer have access to this "old" HD from ages ago. Correct?

Do you recall the e-mail address that account was registered to?

Before Windows LIVE ID, I believe it was a .NET Passport or something similar. I've used the same @hotmail address for several GamerTAGS through the years across original and 360 Xbox LIVE -- though only 1 active at a time.