PDA

View Full Version : I'm having achievement glitch problems

lastfirstborn
04-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Hey board. I've seen people with this issue before but never heard a final solution. I've only had a couple games where achivements just plain don't unlock no matter what I do. I was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm pumped for Dead Rising 2, so I wanted to get 1000 on the first game. I'd been putting off Saint and other such difficult ones for a while now, simply because some of the normal achievements just won't open up for me. My GT is lastfirstborn if you want to see what I'm talking about. I have the Genocider (50k plus kills) unlocked, yet I never got the one for beating a measly 1K zombies. A few of them don't want to unlock like this, that I know I've earned more than once. I know sometimes patches get released for stuff like this, but as far as I know, DR doesn't have a patch. Any ideas? I've tried cashe clearing before and it didn't work. And I'd hate to erase my max level character for no reason.

But if anyone has heard anything on this or other games (and could link me to it) I will try it out. It's not a huge deal, just a problem that has irked me since the game first released. Thanks for reading all that.

Mister Buds
05-01-2010, 12:56 AM
make sure you're reading the achievement descriptions correctly. for instance the achievement you're referring to in dead rising is for killing 1,000 zombies barehanded.

i do believe that some achievements won't unlock for certain people no matter what they do though. the plasmid and inventor achievements in the original bioshock and the audio file achievements in halo: odst will not unlock for me, no matter what i do. so it is possible you're dealing with a similar issue.

lastfirstborn
05-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Ha, oh man you're right on that one. That's my bad. But I've also killed the psychopaths in a single play and not gotten the marks for it, unfortunately (and I do know that some human bosses don't count, I did the ones via checklist through a good guide).

I'd heard that about ODST as well, that's a bummer! I guess I have to consider either moving the files from my HD to my MU, or just restarting fully.

Asariel
05-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I had the same problem a long while back, recovering the tag alone didn't work but a drive wipe and recover did. Drastic, and an utter nightmare losing some massive save games, (Various Oblivion saves and a fully completed DMC4 hurt the most for me) but it did sort things at least. Always a last resort though.

SSJ3
05-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I've had a few Achievements not unlock when they were supposed to, But I kept trying and they finally did. I would suggest you try this too lol.

Also don't worry if someone calls you a cheater if one of your Achievements are out of order.

Mr DDT
05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Same with TMNT My special move achievements wouldn't unlock i had a scratch on the disk probably why , Had to buy a new disk.:mad: