PDA

View Full Version : Working my way through the 360 catalogue!

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 03:46 AM
So a few months ago a thought came to me. I haven't had my 360 for very long, I got it back in 2007 and really haven't played too many games then the occasional big hit. I realized that I have missed a lot of the Xbox experience. But anyway, the thought that came to me was what if I started at the beginning and ever so slowly worked my way forward and tried to get as many achievements that I can get along the way. I know that this would be a huge undertaking, and it would take years, but I think it would be a lot of fun!
I have a list of games listed by their release date and already went to GameStop to pick up Kameo and Call of Duty 2.
But I wanted to see what other people thought of this idea. Maybe others would want to join me. Maybe I could blog about my trek and get some people reminiscing about some old games and bring them back out.

The link to my blog is http://glitch010.wordpress.com

Ryan2099
05-01-2010, 03:54 AM
So your buying all of the games that have already come out going by the date that they came out?

You doing this for the XBLA games also? What about the PC games and Japanese games?

If you were to write a blog about I would probably subscribe. What your doing is different than what most people have done.

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 03:58 AM
So your buying all of the games that have already come out going by the date that they came out?

You doing this for the XBLA games also? What about the PC games and Japanese games?

If you were to write a blog about I would probably subscribe. What your doing is different than what most people have done.

Interesting?

Yeah that was the idea. I have a list of all of the Xbox games released, at least in America, and was planning on playing them in order of release date. And actually one of my friends asked me about XBLA games. I am not sure about that one yet. They might take less time but I wouldn't be able to get them at a discount like GameStop games. Kinda depends on how things go!

KillerBEA
05-01-2010, 04:15 AM
If you make a blog i would watch and read, it should be interesting! Good luck!

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Oh and if anyone has some good blog title ideas let me know! I have been trying to think of witty ones, but maybe I'm not that witty!

KillerBEA
05-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Oh and if anyone has some good blog title ideas let me know! I have been trying to think of witty ones, but maybe I'm not that witty! Disc by Disc, Day by Day! Just an idea if i come up with anything else i will pm you with it

DOOKH8R
05-01-2010, 04:58 AM
So you are going to start with the games that released with the 360 (11/22/05 I think) and work your way forward? If I understand you correctly, you are going to play the games in order AND attempt to obtain all the achievements for each game. That does sound like a novel idea, and something that I and other would enjoy hearing about. However, there are a few games that you might want to skip. When you get to the April 18, 2006 releases, it will be a severe pain to get most of the achievements for Final Fantasy XI.

Also, in preparation for your journey, you might want to review this (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117325&highlight=unattainable) thread. It contains a listing of all games that, for one reason or another, have achievements that no longer can be obtained.

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 05:01 AM
So you are going to start with the games that released with the 360 (11/22/05 I think) and work your way forward? If I understand you correctly, you are going to play the games in order AND attempt to obtain all the achievements for each game. That does sound like a novel idea, and something that I and other would enjoy hearing about. However, there are a few games that you might want to skip. When you get to April, 18 2006 releases, it will be a severe pain to all of the achievements for Final Fantasy XI.

Yeah I thought about that and I hear support for FFXI is going to go down eventually! But yeah playing in order and attempting for all achievements is the idea! Though I stink at Guitar Hero so I might have to skip some of those!

Jony49
05-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Great idea kinda hopes it works out

DOOKH8R
05-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Yeah I thought about that and I hear support for FFXI is going to go down eventually! But yeah playing in order and attempting for all achievements is the idea! Though I stink at Guitar Hero so I might have to skip some of those!

I think you got your reply in before my edit. Check the changes for another thought

Also, with FFXI and some of the achievements for Phantasy Star Universe, there is that whole monthly subscription fee right?

KillerBEA
05-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Yeah I thought about that and I hear support for FFXI is going to go down eventually! But yeah playing in order and attempting for all achievements is the idea! Though I stink at Guitar Hero so I might have to skip some of those! If you skip a game then it would defeat the purpose of the entire idea and as dookh8r pointed out some games have unobtainable achievements. ex: Tigers 06 is completely impossible to earn any achievements. I would say maybe set your sights a little lower since some games are really bad for points, have all games on your card but just do your best and push for 50% of the available score from a game. Iam just suggesting!

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 05:15 AM
I think you got your reply in before my edit. Check the changes for another thought

Also, with FFXI and some of the achievements for Phantasy Star Universe, there is that whole monthly subscription fee right?

Thanks for the link. I will keep that in mind as I go along! It's a shame that so many games have glitches and the publisher has no intention of fixing it!

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 05:17 AM
If you skip a game then it would defeat the purpose of the entire idea and as dookh8r pointed out some games have unobtainable achievements. ex: Tigers 06 is completely impossible to earn any achievements. I would say maybe set your sights a little lower since some games are really bad for points, have all games on your card but just do your best and push for 50% of the available score from a game. Iam just suggesting!

I agree and don't want to skip over any games, I want to play through them all! Even the Hannah Montana game! Even playing every game would be awesome enough by itself. But every achievement for a game would sometimes be unrealistic. I will feel that out as I go along!

Hitchman
05-01-2010, 05:29 AM
This would be a very fun blog to read on the occassion. Good luck.

Burning Karma
05-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Cool idea, but there is no way I'd want to play every game ever released for the 360. Some, I assume, are just pure crap. :p
Good luck, though.

DOOKH8R
05-01-2010, 05:37 AM
I agree and don't want to skip over any games, I want to play through them all! Even the Hannah Montana game! Even playing every game would be awesome enough by itself. But every achievement for a game would sometimes be unrealistic. I will feel that out as I go along!

Hey now. That's a quality game.

If you aimed for maybe 50-66% completion as a whole it would easily balance out. So you would get all 1000G on some easy games and maybe 100-200G (or even less) on some others (GH3, FFXI) In the long run it would all balance out. Many of the early releases are less than 10 bucks used at places like gamestop so that would help. Also you may want to join one of the game rental services unless you want to own all the 360 games as well (which would also be cool)

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Hey now. That's a quality game.

If you aimed for maybe 50-66% completion as a whole it would easily balance out. So you would get all 1000G on some easy games and maybe 100-200G (or even less) on some others (GH3, FFXI) In the long run it would all balance out. Many of the early releases are less than 10 bucks used at places like gamestop so that would help. Also you may want to join one of the game rental services unless you want to own all the 360 games as well (which would also be cool)

It would be awesome to have a whole room dedicated to Xbox games, but that might be pricey in a few years! But I am part of GameFly right now! I will be using that quite a bit! And actually I found Kameo and Call of Duty 2 at GameStop for under $10 total. And I have Amped 3 and Condemed eyed out at my local GS too!

DOOKH8R
05-01-2010, 05:50 AM
It would be awesome to have a whole room dedicated to Xbox games, but that might be pricey in a few years! But I am part of GameFly right now! I will be using that quite a bit! And actually I found Kameo and Call of Duty 2 at GameStop for under $10 total. And I have Amped 3 and Condemed eyed out at my local GS too!

There is at least 1 member on this forum that I think owns every game (I think bivnev and mightymango have extensive collections as well)

an old one:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6513/img0051i.jpg

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Thats an awesome pic! My 5 or 10 games feels inadequate now!

Leon Trogdor
05-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Nice idea, I thought of something similar and currently saving money for a lot of early releases.

DOOKH8R
05-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Thats an awesome pic! My 5 or 10 games feels inadequate now!

I have like 120 games (about 40 I have yet to play), but yeah, that dude has a ton.
When you going to start? A journey of a thousand miles, begins with 1 step.

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 06:13 AM
I have like 120 games (about 40 I have yet to play), but yeah, that dude has a ton.
When you going to start? A journey of a thousand miles, begins with 1 step.

In the next week or two. I want to play a lot of the Reach beta and I have school ending middle of May. So probably around then!

StephenJ360
05-01-2010, 06:37 AM
So a few months ago a thought came to me. I haven't had my 360 for very long, I got it back in 2007 and really haven't played too many games then the occasional big hit. I realized that I have missed a lot of the Xbox experience. But anyway, the thought that came to me was what if I started at the beginning and ever so slowly worked my way forward and tried to get as many achievements that I can get along the way. I know that this would be a huge undertaking, and it would take years, but I think it would be a lot of fun!
I have a list of games listed by their release date and already went to GameStop to pick up Kameo and Call of Duty 2.
But I wanted to see what other people thought of this idea. Maybe others would want to join me. Maybe I could blog about my trek and get some people reminiscing about some old games and bring them back out.
Let me know!

No offense meant here, but you won't do it. You have 3k gamerscore, and you have had XBL since at least October of 2007. You clearly have a low interest in gaming, it's just plain to see.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea and would be interesting to see how it would turn out, oh wait, someone's already working on that... Stallion....

Coxy x360a
05-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Great idea. I'm sure lots of people would follow you. Maybe your goal, instead of 100% completion of gamerscore should be a complete playthrough on a difficulty over normal. Or 50% of the gamerscore for each game. But thats just a few ideas.

rganey82
05-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I think its a cool idea and would enjoy reading about it if you made a blog.

Kamakazi Pear
05-01-2010, 08:47 AM
It worries me that you are setting a goal like this, when you have had XBL 2 and a half yrs, but only have 3.5k GS.

Still, I wish you the best of luck. Have fun.

Qavala
05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
It worries me that you are setting a goal like this, when you have had XBL 2 and a half yrs, but only have 3.5k GS.

Still, I wish you the best of luck. Have fun.

Aye but he has said that he hasn't played it since he got it much. So that's the point, now he wants to...

Spencer Estate
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I basically did the same thing with this account, except I'm playing games I know I can get 100% on. My goal is to have the biggest gamerscore at 100% completion I can get.

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the replys guys.

For those of you thinking I can't do it and quote my low gamerscore I will say this. I bought my 360 for Halo 3 at the time. And for the last few years my gaming life has been about WoW. I raid 3 nights a week. Its not that I don't like gaming, I have gamed since I got my Atari back in the 80's. My time has just been elsewhere with gaming. I was trying to get as many achievements I could in WoW with a score around 8k.
And I think the achievement score will have to be looked at with each game. My main point is to play through the Xbox 360 catalog in order by date. If their are games that are glitched or would be almost impossible I will go on to the next game. But playing through and blogging about my experience will be my main goal.

ferrara316
05-01-2010, 04:06 PM
its a good idea, but you def have to go for all achievements possible for the full experience. I bought my xbox in summer 2007, and I wish i had the xbox from the beginning. I would have at least over 250 k gamerscore by now lol.

But your probably gonna kill yourself when you get to Call of Duty 3....wow that game was horrible!

Filter x360a
05-01-2010, 04:29 PM
It's an interesting idea. A different spin on with would be to give yourself a time limit for each game (depending on how much time you game). Say a week per game and see if you can 1k it in that time, then move on to the next. It's a bit more intense but would make for an interesting read.

Some games would be super easy giving you a break to start your next one. Just a thought.

InkedUp
05-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a very cool idea, good luck with it man. I would be interested in following your blog when you get this started. Don't worry about other people saying its a bad idea, just do what you want. Alot of us can understand how easy it is to get stuck on certain games for a long period of time, so if your committed to working your way through the collection, more power to ya. Let us know when you get your blog going

Glitch010
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
It's cool getting so many ideas from people. Thanks for the support guys. I am going to be online today if anyone wants to add me. Before I start from the beginning I'm going to be playing Halo 3 and ODST today. I want to warm up for the Reach beta. If you are up for going through the campaigns or doing some achievements send me a message online!

Glitch010
06-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Thanks for all the feedback on this idea everyone! Now that summer is here my life has slowed down a bit and I feel that I can start this. I have started my blog at http://glitch010.wordpress.com/ But I need a few things from anyone who wants to lend me a hand. First I need a title for my blog. Something witty and clever!! I have been drawing blanks! And second I need a game to start off with. I have a poll on the page with the first 14 launch games. Could you make your vote for my first game! Thanks!

SKIBADABOMSKI
06-03-2010, 04:32 AM
A Journey Through The 360s Catalogue.
Lets ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(at least this type of title will let you bring in other people)

Not a bad idea if done by the right person.

Good luck man.

Glitch010
06-03-2010, 01:52 PM
So far I only have 6 votes for what game I start off with! I need some more votes, right not its a dead heat for Amped 3 and King Kong with 2 votes each!!!
And only one name idea!

Glitch010
06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Everyone I need more votes!! Help me pick the game that will start off my launch games!

TheSneakyKnight
06-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I've just been to your blog and voted for Amped 3. I think its probably your best option out of a 'interesting' bunch of launch games. I think it's a good one to start with as its not particularly difficult but thoroughly enjoyable and fun. It'll break you into the slog nice and easy.

HLR zdmetal
06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
I say PGR 3 only launch game I like. Still own it actually.

PointPlaceWI
06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
You're a little late in the game to be wanting to do this. As mentioned above it's a novel concept but even if you play almost nonstop and know exactly what you're doing on every single game to get the achievements and am very talented at getting them it will still take months to get through the first two years of game titles.

I'm not trying to stop you because it's a fun concept, I'm just trying to point out the flaws before you get too pumped up about destroying every 360 game ever made.

Glitch010
06-03-2010, 09:16 PM
You're a little late in the game to be wanting to do this. As mentioned above it's a novel concept but even if you play almost nonstop and know exactly what you're doing on every single game to get the achievements and am very talented at getting them it will still take months to get through the first two years of game titles.

I'm not trying to stop you because it's a fun concept, I'm just trying to point out the flaws before you get too pumped up about destroying every 360 game ever made.

I really dont mind how late I am coming to this. Actually it might even make the experience better. And I know that it will make it cheaper!
And I have no problems with it taking a long time! It just means that I have a lot of fun times ahead of me.
But it also means that I have play through some crap along the way! Who knows that might even be more fun!

XBLsFinest
06-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Good luck with it all man, just bookmarked this thread and your blog. Let the journey unfold..

hodge
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
A good idea, but then you'll be 2/3 years behind on all the games?

Anyway good luck!

Odiumruse
06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I like this idea, I will be following from time to time, will be interesting to see how far you make it, do you really have the perserverance to do Brazil Vs Sweden on Fifa 06 RTWC for a starting test?

One question though, What do you then do when for example, you see a new game come out you want to play? Do you wait until you get to that release time, or play for fun anyway? Or play on another tag.

JoshYo 16
06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
A good idea, but then you'll be 2/3 years behind on all the games?

Anyway good luck!

No... Game devs didn't exactly shoot out 100 titles a year when it came out. If he's dedicated enough he can get 05-07 games done in probably 6-12 months at most.

SKIBADABOMSKI
06-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Don't promise to max em out. It could be your downfall.

Ridge Racer 6 has 200 wins online and it's still do-able but the no-crash on every single map in every class (6) is going to put a dent in your dreams mate.

Although it could be quite funny watching someone trying desperately to do stuff like this on games they hate.

But 2 weeks max on each game is enough and list gamers who have achieved this if you fail. Type of thing.

Just throwing ideas around here.

Glitch010
06-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Don't promise to max em out. It could be your downfall.

Ridge Racer 6 has 200 wins online and it's still do-able but the no-crash on every single map in every class (6) is going to put a dent in your dreams mate.

Although it could be quite funny watching someone trying desperately to do stuff like this on games they hate.

But 2 weeks max on each game is enough and list gamers who have achieved this if you fail. Type of thing.

Just throwing ideas around here.

Yeah I have actually done some research on some of the first games and some of the impossible and next to impossible achievements I will be skipping. I know Tiger Woods has some glitched stuff and a few other games have long grinds or extremely difficult stuff that I will probably just pass by. But if I think its achievable I will be going for it!

Glitch010
06-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I like this idea, I will be following from time to time, will be interesting to see how far you make it, do you really have the perserverance to do Brazil Vs Sweden on Fifa 06 RTWC for a starting test?

One question though, What do you then do when for example, you see a new game come out you want to play? Do you wait until you get to that release time, or play for fun anyway? Or play on another tag.

To answer your question if a game comes out like Halo: Reach or Puzzle Quest 2, two games I'm looking forward to, I will be picking those up and maybe taking a day or so off and playing the new games that I really want to play.

DOOKH8R
06-04-2010, 03:54 AM
King Kong is bad. Go ahead and get it over with

Mugen NSX RR
06-04-2010, 04:37 AM
I love this idea. I thought about doing the same as well as simply having all the games ever made. Like you though, I've spent a ton of time playing WoW, although I quit after we cleared Ulduar. I sent you a PM regarding this idea as well as your blog and would love to help you out.

jakedagreat93
06-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I wonder how long it would take for you to reach Red Dead Redemption and other current games lol

TOBY DA THUG
06-04-2010, 09:41 AM
i love this idea. so much infact that I almost wanna start with a fresh tag and join you...

but I just cant bring myself to throw 80K away...

best of luck though! Ill be watching =)

EDIT: what sourse did you use for order of releases? I was trying to find one and couldnt anywhere?

Glitch010
06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
i love this idea. so much infact that I almost wanna start with a fresh tag and join you...

but I just cant bring myself to throw 80K away...

best of luck though! Ill be watching =)

EDIT: what sourse did you use for order of releases? I was trying to find one and couldnt anywhere?

I actually just googled Xbox 360 games list and it popped up on wikipedia. You can order it alphabetically or by publisher or by date. So thats what I am going by.

And thanks everyone for the encouragement. So far Amped 3 is in the lead followed by Call of Duty 2 then King Kong and Perfect Dark Zero. Keep voting!

Glitch010
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I wonder how long it would take for you to reach Red Dead Redemption and other current games lol

I actually had an interesting idea for Red Dead Redemption. Gun is on the release date list of games. I was thinking maybe I could play both of them at the same time or back to back and seeing how these two games stack up next to each other 5 years apart! What do you think?

KillerBEA
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Are you starting a new gt for this?
Also I tied up the vote between COD2 and Amped

mosin360
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I found a list on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games which is pretty good but I don't know how fast it's updated. You could also go to Gamespot and IGN and look at their reviews and get a good idea of the order.

Anyway, I thought about doing something like this but my goal would to be just beating the game and getting as much points as I care to get. I think that alone is worthy. I got my 360 in May 2008 so I'd have quite a few games to get and I must admist I havn't played all the games that have come out since May 2008.

Opiate42
06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
My vote for a start game would be COD2 for some good old blowing up of things. Never a bad way to start. Haven't played Amped but you can always go back to it.

Have you clearly defined in your own mind what kind of rules you'll be following? If any? LOL!

This is an hilariously awesome endeavor, if you manage to pull it off kudos for the gaming marathon you are planning. Don't have the time between work and sports to partake of this idea myself but if you get a blog up I'd love to hear your thoughts as you muddle though Hanna Montana LOL!!

Sometimes as the next greatest thing gets released we forget about awesome older games. I just finished of all things, the rehashed Quake 2 from the Quake 4 bonus disc this week. It STILL rocks after all these years.

Don't promise to max em out. It could be your downfall. I totally agree, stick with fun achievements that keep the playing fresh. I was trying to finish off the last collectible and side quest achievements in GUN last night and was falling asleep with the controller in my hand it was sooooo boring. Time for another game....

For crappy games if you indeed will be subjecting yourself to them...just bash through quick and move on to another LOL!!

Glitch010
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Still need more votes...

tandy rawfun
06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Good luck with your idea.

The thread has give me an idea to do a similar blog but just do it "on this day" releases, so for example play games released from 05/06 etc released today, then the same tomorrow etc. So basically I'd be playing a game once a year. :p

Probably needs a bit more thought!

Good luck mate.

Glitch010
06-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Right now Call of Duty 2 is in the lead for my first game followed closely by Amped 3. Let's get some more votes in guys and gals!

EchoPark
06-05-2010, 11:32 PM
What ur doing is the reason i joined this site. I played the 360 for years but didnt play it for achivements, i just played it to play the game and compelte it and thats it. But my friend started to gain more of a GS than me and i thought why cant i do it ... why cant i have a better GS than some of my friends.

So i started replayin some games and gettin easy achivements first. Now every game i pick up i go out of my way and do what i can. I find myself lookin at the preowned selection for bargins. Ebay is my weakness tho its so good in the past month i've brought 40 games. And i aim to do my best in most of them. I did the same in a way and wrote about it, but i was doing it on my face book lol.

But yea i joined this place to find out if i can get a easier way to get some achivements then i saw this and thought it was amazing that theres others doing the same.

Glitch010
06-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Today is your last day to get votes in! Call of Duty 2 and Amped 3 are very close with a few others hot on their heels!

Glitch010
06-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Need more votes...

rvlution
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a big undertaking. I don't think I could do that.

Glitch010
06-06-2010, 11:11 PM
My poll will be coming down in a few hours and then I will be posting the order shortly after! Get those last minute votes in!

Glitch010
06-07-2010, 03:29 AM
The poll has been tallied and results are post on my blog!

SKIBADABOMSKI
06-07-2010, 04:04 AM
One last thing I really think you should do is. Edit your OP in this thread and put the link to your blog in. Or even better just put a link to your blog in your signature.

Jethrow
06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
i dunno, thats gonna quite the feat

Pantherrfan
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Actually sounds really fun..although alot of the games would just absolutely suck...but theirs alot of gamerscore involved. I would love to do that but i would rent them so i could save 1000's and 1000's of dollars. you should edit this every time you max out a new game down the list. would be cool to follow. Im going to try this when i get home from vacation

Glitch010
06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Updated my blog with my achievements from the first day!

Glitch010
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Finished the main story of Amped 3 yesterday...new post!

Glitch010
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Amped 3 is all but done. Only 2 more achievements to go! There is a new post on my blog needing some of your opinions! Head there and leave me a comment!

http://glitch010.wordpress.com

Glitch010
06-16-2010, 03:25 PM
New post on my blog! I need help coming up with a title for it! Leave a comment on my post if you have any ideas!

PointPlaceWI
06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
I have decided that for each game I will give myself a week to complete and game and get as many achievements as I can.

Does that mean that after a week you completely stop trying to get achievements for that game or that you just move onto a new game and try to pick up those achievements left over over time? For the task you're doing I personally find that if you just do the week to week new games and leaving the old in the dust is the only way you're going to be able to move on. Not to mention a 5-7 day period is good for a lot of games and getting a decent amount of points. I remember Filter posted something about this earlier and it seemed like the best idea for this concept blog.

Opiate42
06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Always wondered where tetris blocks came from.

That's pretty awesome dude.

TwinTipZ
06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I am joining your blog, I like your idea.

Personally, I would spend 1 week on a game. Especially if you doing Gamefly as it saves $$$ and makes it so that when your 2nd disc arrives, you done with your first game.

Glitch010
06-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Just finished Call of Duty 2 on Hardened. New post on my blog! Should I try some missions on Veteran or make my way over to Gun? Leave me some comments!

Corrupt.
06-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a brilliant idea, I have thought about doing something like this before but it is a mammoth task! Hope you have a lot of free time on your hands!

Code of Conduct
06-20-2010, 01:38 AM
If cash isn't an issue than I say go for it. Haven't read the entire thread but are you going for arcade titles?

Glitch010
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I had to take a break from my gaming quest for a few days but I am back working on Gun. New post today!

Avenged Remains
07-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Really like the idea and the blog mate, just subscribed :)

Maybe a game a week isn't the best idea, if you want to get throught them all at least. It just means you'll get further backtracked when multiple games are released in a week. Just a thought ;) Why not just say you'll try out most games and if you don't enjoy them within half an hour you leave them? Good luck with it though, and for finding the cash when it gets to newer releases and it becomes more expensive :p

Tussell
07-01-2010, 07:15 PM
That task is going to be a bitch and a half! I know it's something I wouldn't want to do. I definitely give you mad props for attempting it though.

Slow2die
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
This is the issue with renting games. Its great to have such a vast choice, but the game is never yours, and it keeps your collection rather limited.

Gamerdude5448
07-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea and would be interesting to see how it would turn out, oh wait, someone's already working on that... Stallion....

Isn't he working on 1 million gamerscore. I didn't know he was trying to play and somehow beat every American game?

Glitch010
07-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Finished Gun and got my first 1000 game! New post on my blog as well!

http://glitch010.wordpress.com (http://glitch010.wordpress.com/)

Glitch010
07-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Started Condemned today. New post up!

Odiumruse
07-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Well done on keeping up the work, good dedication :]

I brought Perfect Dark: Zero not long ago, I see you want someone to help with that. I've not played it yet, so feel free to PM me about that if you like. :]

Jarr3tt88
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't know if you actually want to BUY every game, it might be a better idea and alot cheaper to get a gamefly account or something similar. Just an idea :)

kentarulez
07-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Nice one mate, you seem dedicated so far. Early days though.

Opiate42
07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't know if you actually want to BUY every game, it might be a better idea and alot cheaper to get a gamefly account or something similar. Just an idea :)

...and hopefully borrows/loaners off of very good friends too ;). Save cash for those harder to find games.

You finished GUN pretty quick dude! Awesome, I didn't have the patience to finish every little thing in that one LOL!! :p

Can't wait to see your review/thoughts on Condemned, it's one that's been on my shelf for a year and still haven't played it.

Glitch010
07-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Been away for awhile but new post on my blog

derek pipes
07-17-2010, 03:38 PM
nice blog man, keep up the good work.

Glitch010
07-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey all! I has been awhile since I have been on the site but I wanted to come back and update this thread! I haven't posted on my blog in a long time. And if you are unaware of what my blog is about go back and check out my old posts here or go to glitch010.wordpress.com and read up a bit. But anyway thinking a lot lately about starting my blog back up but I am unclear about what to do. I posted a quick post on my page about what I am mulling over. If anyone is still interested in this idea or maybe some other gaming/achievement blog please read my post and send me a comment. I would love to be able to play more and have fun doing it!

Rickmassacre
07-07-2011, 01:40 AM
be nice to hear your opinion about the comparisons between sequels and how games that came out between the time of the sequels influenced the sequel
For say, Does MW2 hold any influence towards Halo reach?

if you can be bothered playing every FPS that's all the same **** anyway