PDA

View Full Version : XP from Fable2

RudeBoy TK
05-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Do you get any thing special or some money for the XP what you still have in your fable 2 save? I did the controller glitch 100 times and still have more then 999999 XP :drunk

veece16
05-01-2010, 05:10 AM
First, what? Second, no, I'm pretty sure you won't get any xp or money from Fable 2, especially if you gliched it.

RudeBoy TK
05-01-2010, 03:04 PM
thanks i hope we get someting special for the XP :D

DOOKH8R
05-01-2010, 03:22 PM
thanks i hope we get someting special for the XP :D

What? Are you serious? You do understand that its a new game, right.
You probably are still mad none of your coins from Sonic rolled over into Sonic 2.

RudeBoy TK
05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
You probably are still mad none of your coins from Sonic rolled over into Sonic 2.

your coins from Sonic rolled over into Sonic 2?? i dont understand that!!!

jtr1gg3r
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
your coins from Sonic rolled over into Sonic 2?? i dont understand that!!!

sorry but

http://cdawgownd.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/epic-fail2.jpg

Lord Montymort
05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Do you get any thing special or some money for the XP what you still have in your fable 2 save? I did the controller glitch 100 times and still have more then 999999 XP :drunk

I highly doubt that your XP will carry over, that would be stupid it a new character you need to start over, plus this game has an entirely new XP system, however the money carrying over is possible as you are the son of your Fable 2 character, so It could be an inheritance thing, but more likely the money would go to your older brother who is the King of Albion and one of your enemy's in Fable 3, making you start with nothing like you have done in every Fable game.

Spawn 0f Hell
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
sorry but

http://cdawgownd.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/epic-fail2.jpg

Hahaha, Epic Win Tubz

Iconoclast
05-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Nothing should carry over from Fable 2...why should it? It's a separate game...besides games like Rock Band and GTA, what games have content that carries over? And even those examples aren't true examples, since DLC is available for all RB games and GTA DLC doesn't actually carry anything over, it just adds more stuff.

:/

Pretty stoked for it though, I really enjoyed the second one...the only thing I hated was that everytime you travelled through a spot you've already been you have to fight the exact same guys in the exact same spot that you've already killed. Ugh. Mix it up a little bit please, make it less predictable at least.

X King Damian X
05-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Nothing should carry over from Fable 2...why should it? It's a separate game...besides games like Rock Band and GTA, what games have content that carries over? And even those examples aren't true examples, since DLC is available for all RB games and GTA DLC doesn't actually carry anything over, it just adds more stuff.

Mass Effect 2 carried over bonuses if you did well in the first game, although you were playing the same character, not the child of the character.
Gold carrying over is the only logical thing, but i think its still unlikely.

xtreme2252
06-15-2010, 06:14 PM
That'd be so dumb. Fable 2 was so easy to cheat for XP and gold, what with the date adjusting settings, price changing, Arena x5 XP boost +200% XP boost on potions AND XP (10x XP bonus total, which makes a 70k XP potion give you 700k XP)

Dcon6393
06-30-2010, 03:00 PM
i think that they should keep your fable 2 character's items in a vault in the castle, so when your fable 3 character (aka son or daughter of fable 2 character) gets to become ruler, he should be able to choose how much stuff he wants to keep and how much to give away, allowing for you to get massive good bonuses, or weapons you make perfect in fable 2, especially the four augment slot ones from knothole island.

another good idea could be to just give you part of the fable 2 characters money that once again you can only get after you are king, because obviously all of it wont still be there, so 5-10% of your fable 2 characters gold sounds reasonable.

And i think it is a good idea to transfer things because it encourages people who had a maxed out file on fable 2 to get fable 3 because they get some kind of bonus.

philzisimplosion
07-05-2010, 07:34 PM
if anything rolled over from fable 2 into fable 3 that would b amazing :)
i think it could roll over once you acquire a certain amount of exp/money/renown/ etc...

Death Grimz
07-25-2010, 05:17 PM
The only thing I hated was that everytime you travelled through a spot you've already been you have to fight the exact same guys in the exact same spot that you've already killed.

She has a damn good point. They shouldn't respawn every single time you go away and then return, especially when it's the trolls. I hope that this is part of the game design is dropped although I doubt it will be. Hopefully they'll give us some kickass weaponry.

Pantherrfan
08-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I doubt anything that you have in Fable 2 will Be able to be rolled over into fable 3. This is a totally different game.

kikdyoassg
08-28-2010, 02:09 PM
ok im gunna answer this for u if u read all the interviews ud know this no xp from fable 2 dont mean shit on fable 3 the only reason fable 2 has anything to do with the actual gameplay of fable 3 is beacuase the disicions u make in fable 2 and its only the big ones toward the end of the game ever heard of world morphing thats why lion head made the carry over possible and maybe im thinkin there will be pics or paintings of ur charicter from fable 2 in the castle cause he was the king before ur brother in fable 3 im sure on the xp thing and the world morphing thing but dont quote me on the pic thing i just think itd be cool and make sense id wanna:uzi: the hell outa u for even pondering if ur xp would carry over of coarse not that would ruin the game i could see if ur the same charicter but ur not ur his son just because ur dad can pick bolders up dont mean u can without working for it first u epicly fail

TwistedFate
08-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Protip: Grammar and punctuation are not optional.

X King Damian X
08-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Protip: Grammar and punctuation are not optional.

+1 rep if we could give it :)

kikdyoassg
08-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Protip: Grammar and punctuation are not optional. And who decided that .thats how i type drunk at 4:00am. I was just tryin to get a point across. being a dick deff gives u cool points +1 for you

X King Damian X
08-29-2010, 09:14 AM
And who decided that .thats how i type drunk at 4:00am. I was just tryin to get a point across. being a dick deff gives u cool points +1 for you

Yeah dude, apologise in advance if this starts some kind of flame war, but I don't think so. For starters, with a name like that, you're not old enough to buy alcohol, secondly you're grammar still sucks. Thirdly, only little kids say "deff". And fourthly, you're bed time is 8 o'clock....

kikdyoassg
08-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah dude, apologise in advance if this starts some kind of flame war, but I don't think so. For starters, with a name like that, you're not old enough to buy alcohol, secondly you're grammar still sucks. Thirdly, only little kids say "deff". And fourthly, you're bed time is 8 o'clock.... ok for one u cant judge somyone age due them shortening words i try to type fast im not an english major so i really dont care .your DEFF a cool guy for pickin a fight over grammer over a gameing website .how about u take the time u pick fights over grammer and use ur effort to cure cancer or read a book on how not to be a complete ass on the internet to somyone u dont know . And being able to buy alcohol DEFF makes u super cool. they have a name for ppl like u its called troll .and fyi im 22 so kiss my ass

kikdyoassg
08-29-2010, 02:44 PM
look at ur gamer tag it is no better than mine which isnt bad i like goofy gamer tags im just pointin out

Toams07
08-29-2010, 03:14 PM
ok for one u cant judge somyone age due them shortening words i try to type fast im not an english major so i really dont care .your DEFF a cool guy for pickin a fight over grammer over a gameing website .how about u take the time u pick fights over grammer and use ur effort to cure cancer or read a book on how not to be a complete ass on the internet to somyone u dont know . And being able to buy alcohol DEFF makes u super cool. they have a name for ppl like u its called troll .and fyi im 22 so kiss my ass

dude, it just took my about 10 minutes to read your posts in this thread and understanding them.
and TwistedFate and Damain are right man, it just a pain in the ass to read what you're writing.
so instead of flaming people, follow their advise and and learn some proper grammar so it wont take an hour to understand what you're saying

TwistedFate
08-29-2010, 03:23 PM
ok for one u cant judge somyone age due them shortening words i try to type fast im not an english major so i really dont care .your DEFF a cool guy for pickin a fight over grammer over a gameing website .how about u take the time u pick fights over grammer and use ur effort to cure cancer or read a book on how not to be a complete ass on the internet to somyone u dont know . And being able to buy alcohol DEFF makes u super cool. they have a name for ppl like u its called troll .and fyi im 22 so kiss my ass

Here's the deal, dude. When you type like that, people don't listen to a thing you say. A lot of folks don't even read it. I didn't read past the first line of your original post, so I have no idea what you were trying to tell us. In trying to get your point across, saving a second has caused your point to be ignored. It doesn't have to be perfect English, but it does have to be readable. It's not a race. Take the time to write like you aren't an idiot, and we won't treat you like you are.

Grado
08-29-2010, 03:39 PM
its no way possible that your money xp would carry over (your brother is king he took your money XD) and the leveling system is all new the only thing that would carry over is if you saved the temple or destroyed it if you made bowerstone good or evil like those decisions

Kramericus
08-29-2010, 03:42 PM
As soon as I start seeing ur's and u's I know I tend to skip over what someone has to say. This isnt a text message.

Now on the actual topic, Fable games are easy enough without some sort of power boost right as you start the game. I hope you just start from scratch and go from there.

kikdyoassg
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Here's the deal, dude. When you type like that, people don't listen to a thing you say. A lot of folks don't even read it. I didn't read past the first line of your original post, so I have no idea what you were trying to tell us. In trying to get your point across, saving a second has caused your point to be ignored. It doesn't have to be perfect English, but it does have to be readable. It's not a race. Take the time to write like you aren't an idiot, and we won't treat you like you are.
ok Iím going answer this for u if u read all the interviews us know this no up from fable 2 donít mean shit on fable 3 the only reason fable 2 has anything to do with the actual game play of fable 3 is because the decisions u make in fable 2 and its only the big ones toward the end of the game. Have you ever heard of world morphing thatís why lion head made the carry over possible and maybe Iím thinking there will be pics or paintings of your character from fable 2 in the castle cause he was the king before your brother in fable 3. Iím sure on the xp thing and the world morphing thing but donít quote me on the pic thing I just think itd be cool and make sense id wanna the hell outa u for even pondering if your xp would carry over of coarse not that would ruin the game i could see if ur the same charicter but your not ur his son just because ur dad can pick bolderís up donít mean u can without working for it first u epicly fail. is this better

Jellybean468
09-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I seriously doubt it as the XP gained in Fable 2 would be your dad's in Fable 3. Which means your dad would have all the XP and you'd have to start anew.

Toams07
09-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I seriously doubt it as the XP gained in Fable 2 would be your dad's in Fable 3.

or your mum's

HELLSPWAN 88
09-02-2010, 05:53 AM
You guys are right I bet xp and money wont carry over that would be crap any ways what so you can start with 100+ mill it would ruin the game and not trying to start crap but I agree both TwistedFate and X King Damian X I mess up on spelling some times but come on my 7 year old writes better then you KiKdyoassg.

Toams07
09-02-2010, 03:14 PM
If anything from your Fable II Hero would be given to the Fable III Hero at the start of the game, that would just a an EPIC FAIL!.

I mean, it would make sence to link one of your Fable II save files to a Fable III save file and that you'll be able to find gold/weapons and idk what else later in the game, but at the start would just totally SUCK

Miss Allen86
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
That would make Fable 3 wayyyy to easy. Maybe it would be cool if you got something from Fable 2, like a picture of your Family from 2 or some kind of back story linking the old game with the new. As for xp and $ I look forward to starting from scratch and rocking Albion. ^_^

Toams07
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
That would make Fable 3 wayyyy to easy. Maybe it would be cool if you got something from Fable 2, like a picture of your Family from 2 or some kind of back story linking the old game with the new. As for xp and $ I look forward to starting from scratch and rocking Albion. ^_^

Yeah indeed.
Like this; if your Fable II Hero had 20 million gold, 1 million xp and a bunch of legendary weapons, it would be quite okay if it was given to you when you defeat Logan or something
But if it was given early in the game, it would just suck because there isn't a challenge anymore bacause you already have a bankload of gold and xp and some damn strong weapons

TwistedFate
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Let me start by saying, you guys are correct in that XP won't transfer, different character and all that. But if I could play devil's advocate for a bit...

But if it was given early in the game, it would just suck because there isn't a challenge anymore bacause you already have a bankload of gold and xp and some damn strong weapons

Not really. To put it in standard RPG level parlance look at this way. If you started the game at say level 20 with level 20 appropriate weapons while your monsters are still level one of course that's too easy, but nothing says the monsters HAVE to start at level 1. Go traipsing through the forest and run across a level 30 monster and how easy are those level 20 weapons going to make it?

Toams07
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Let me start by saying, you guys are correct in that XP won't transfer, different character and all that. But if I could play devil's advocate for a bit...

Not really. To put it in standard RPG level parlance look at this way. If you started the game at say level 20 with level 20 appropriate weapons while your monsters are still level one of course that's too easy, but nothing says the monsters HAVE to start at level 1. Go traipsing through the forest and run across a level 30 monster and how easy are those level 20 weapons going to make it?

Dont get me wrong.
There's nothing wron with linking your Fable III save to a Fable II save so items can be transferred, just as long as the transfers are done in the second part of the game

CujoR
09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
LOL Epic fail pic is funny.

Pantaloons
09-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Dont get me wrong.
There's nothing wron with linking your Fable III save to a Fable II save so items can be transferred, just as long as the transfers are done in the second part of the game

It would be nice if after you became king they let you inherit either weapons/armor that your character in fable 2 used. Either what they were using in your last save or what they used most often.

gezarelli83
09-13-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but on the official Lionhead studio forum one of the bullet points on compiled info on Fable 3 reads -

Fable III will read your save file of II, NPC's will talk about your end game decisions

So having a Fable 2 savefile will have some significance but it doesn't mention any monetary/XP reward as you play a different character so wouldn't make sense but you never know you may find a nice treasure buried away somewhere from your fable 2 character but thats just me wishing.

Its a nice touch that your our old character will get a mention but i've deleted my fable 2 savefile long ago:( so guess i might give it another play through + dlc.Not a problem as i LOVED Fable 2 but i got a lot of other games to complete before Fable 3 and Fallout:NV :)

http://lionhead.com/forums/t/278461.aspx

Trikke
09-13-2010, 02:44 PM

His question wasn't really that stupid. You had the possibility to important the Mass Effect's 1 character into Mass Effect 2, and then again your ME2 can be imported into ME3 upon release in 2011.
So, logically, you could ask yourself what with the character from Fable 2 that you can import into F3?

Toams07
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
His question wasn't really that stupid. You had the possibility to important the Mass Effect's 1 character into Mass Effect 2, and then again your ME2 can be imported into ME3 upon release in 2011.
So, logically, you could ask yourself what with the character from Fable 2 that you can import into F3?

Youīll probably will be able to import your Fable 2 save file to Fable 3 so itīs items will be transferred.
The items will probably be given to you from a chest or something when you becoeme King