PDA

View Full Version : Bungie.net gave out over 1000 Beta Codes. Not...even...kidding...

The Lovat Scout
05-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I missed out on it completely but my friend was able to snag one for me and a couple of out other friends. It was LITERALLY over 1000. I couldn't believe it. They removed all evidence of it from their News Feed, but my friends took screen captures and it is crazy. Every single one was used up inside of 35 minutes they said.

Anyone see this and snag a beta code too??

KNIGHTOFSERA
05-01-2010, 07:37 AM
F no...I cry....kinda bored right now...would have liked to play it early

dont know why they just dont open up the ODST beta disks now.....

BRUTE HUNTER
05-01-2010, 07:48 AM
I was not able to get one and I was on the Bungie.net when they where posted. The forms on Bungie are in a uproar right now for more codes or early release for the people who bought ODST.

Atroxx70
05-01-2010, 07:53 AM
F no...I cry....kinda bored right now...would have liked to play it early

dont know why they just dont open up the ODST beta disks now.....

I know right? I bought ODST and diligently held on to it since the day of release for no other reason than the promise of guaranteed access to the beta, and now all these people are able to get in for free just by being at the right place at the right time. This actually kind of pisses me right the fuck off. I think they should have opened up the ODST discs first, then a week or so later started giving out all these codes.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I missed out on it completely but my friend was able to snag one for me and a couple of out other friends. It was LITERALLY over 1000. I couldn't believe it. They removed all evidence of it from their News Feed, but my friends took screen captures and it is crazy. Every single one was used up inside of 35 minutes they said.

Anyone see this and snag a beta code too?? I was there, they were all used within the first minute. That page is loaded with bots

Webster94
05-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I was on Bungie.net 1 hour after the first set of codes, 4 mins after the second set and 9 mins after the third set of codes, i tried about 50 codes but every one had already been redeemed.

Canadian Herov2
05-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I was on 25 mins after it posted tried like 50 none worked lol

and Ya they removed all the stuff, I made a thread last night seeing if anyone was able to get any of those codes lol

Atroxx70
05-02-2010, 01:01 AM
They posted several more today according to bungietweets.

KarmaAmputee
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
when they posted the huge list of codes on their website I tried between 15-20 within the first 5 minutes and they were gone. :mad:

Hamburgerous
05-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I don't see what the big deal is, buying ODST guarantees you access to the beta, that's what it said. It did not say "exclusive access to the beta" rather “access to exclusive content” It's still exclusive content, but you aren't accessing it exclusively, isn't language fun?

By buying the game you've guaranteed yourself access to the beta the day it goes live, there will have been tens of thousands of people trying to get those codes so they have absolutely no guarantee of getting anything. You were buying the guarantee, not the exclusive privilege. Now, can we all just sit back and enjoy the beta without getting out knickers in a knot about nothing?

a random cat
05-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I was about 18 minutes late and code I used have already been redeemed. Kind of find it BS that Bungie can't just open the Beta for every one now. That or not have these stupid giveaways.

But, whole well, Beta comes out tomorrow for everyone.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-03-2010, 01:48 AM
"exclusive access to the beta" Originally that was how it was worded in the advertisements. They have since been pulled, but someone on Bungie forums posted a pic of the original ad a few days back... Can't find it now... forum flooded with code beggars.

Atroxx70
05-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Originally that was how it was worded in the advertisements. They have since been pulled, but someone on Bungie forums posted a pic of the original ad a few days back... Can't find it now... forum flooded with code beggars.

The little card in my ODST case only says "invitation included". The word "exclusive" never appears anywhere on it, not that Bungie understand the meaning of the word anyway.

Pearson
05-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Bungie should've waited and let those of us who held onto ODST play the beta at least a week before giving out these codes. Sorry about everyone's luck though who tried to get one of these codes, looks like you have to re-purchase ODST.

MicroCool
05-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Who cares if you bought ODST??? I bought it as well as a lot of other people bur that doesn't give you the right to complain about other people getting it early because they were either at the right place at the right time or they earned it. The date has always been may 3rd which is tomorrow so quit whinning about it. I also bet you will complain that it took too long to download or you can't access it or it's not that good blah blah blah. I guess there still are people that will never be satisfied.

linktriforce007
05-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Who cares if you bought ODST??? I bought it as well as a lot of other people bur that doesn't give you the right to complain about other people getting it early because they were either at the right place at the right time or they earned it. The date has always been may 3rd which is tomorrow so quit whinning about it. I also bet you will complain that it took too long to download or you can't access it or it's not that good blah blah blah. I guess there still are people that will never be satisfied.

I completely agree with this statement.

While I understand where you guys are coming from; "Why should we have to pay for the game and wait, while the other people get it for free and don't have to".

It's a legit argument; but in honesty, there's nothing you can do about it, so it's really pointless to whine about it and the like.

We'll get to play it tomorrow. It's not like those people are getting the full game for free, anyways.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-03-2010, 06:18 AM
The little card in my ODST case only says "invitation included". The word "exclusive" never appears anywhere on it, not that Bungie understand the meaning of the word anyway.Wasn't talking about that toolbag. How can Bungie pull an ad that's in our game cases? It was one on their webpage.