PDA

View Full Version : Already over looking world at war?

Xboxawesomeman
05-01-2010, 03:35 PM
why are people doing this? plenty of people play it and plenty of people still need help on it everyone should still look through these threads and still play waw. it awesome like this WAW:uzi:MW2

Stevo_safc
05-02-2010, 12:14 AM
World at War is still a great game, and I hope it continues to be played like CoD: 4 still is.

BoBoMaster13
05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Never got in to WaW. Hopefully Black Ops will be better.

veece16
05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
WaW is a LOT better than MW2, I don't see why people would overlook it so soon. My friends are always bitching about MW, but keep on playing it, hopefully Black Ops will be awesome though.

Aceman417
05-02-2010, 12:29 AM
WAW is good but it's just the map packs that keeps me from playing. I only have the third and i barely ever stay in one server sort of thing for more than one game. And what is Black Ops?

veece16
05-02-2010, 12:32 AM
WAW is good but it's just the map packs that keeps me from playing. I only have the third and i barely ever stay in one server sort of thing for more than one game. And what is Black Ops?

Black Ops is the newest CoD that Treyarch will be releasing later this year around November.

Madfrog0
05-02-2010, 01:28 AM
i still need some help on it

VladimirK
05-02-2010, 02:07 AM
WaW was a really good game when you played it the first time.
Then you play it on veteran and honestly, after seeing hundreds of grenades flying towards you, it actually makes you dislike the whole game.
Even if you finish veteran, then go back to try on normal to get the same feeling when you first played it, it will still be ruined.

(Bear in mind that they've toned the number of grenades down quite a bit though from when it was first released, so people might think I'm talking crap, but I got the original 1000, (excluding those cheap 0 point POS achievements for prestiging), within a week of release, and literally, there could easily 7 or 8 grenades surrounding you at any one time).

KIDDRAGON67
05-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Most people go back for Nazi Zombies, but personally the MP is better than MW2 except the tanks. That's one thing i will always hate in WaW. Treyarch could've easily brang out a few more standalone maps for Nazi Zombies but i guess they were either working on Black Ops or too afraid with MW2 being released.

Seraph Xii
05-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't think anybody can call WAW overlooked, perhaps next to MW:2, but which game isn't these days?

WAW is still played quite a lot and the forum gets a lot more traffic than many other games.

Langeboy
05-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Then you play it on veteran and honestly, after seeing hundreds of grenades flying towards you, it actually makes you dislike the whole game.
Even if you finish veteran, then go back to try on normal to get the same feeling when you first played it, it will still be ruined.
I think you said right there, everything I was trying to think up.
Unfortunately, neither WaW, nor MW2 are very memorable games. I think if anything has been over-looked, it's BFBC2 because of MW2...

RadiantViper
05-02-2010, 10:22 AM
WaW is awesome and I still play it. Only real problems online are tanks and the number of rapid fire mods.

Stevo_safc
05-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I didn't really mind the grenade spam, if anything it made me more determined to complete it.

Chris240191
05-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I prefer the MP on WAW to MW2 and the zombies is good too. I don't play MP anymore though 'cause I prefer to play with friends and none of mine have it.

T FUNK 1984
05-02-2010, 11:35 AM

I think that pretty much sums it up for me as well. I liked the game, liked the multiplayer than started playing on veteran and developed a hatred for the whole thing - didn't even finish it.

Bulletwolf FTW
05-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Personally, I (and a lot of my friends) dislike the WaW multiplayer. We all got bored of it really quickly, this is long before MW2 came out as well so it can't be blamed for our loss of interest. Even the new Nazi Zombies maps (arguably the only reason that we bought the new map packs) only bought us back to the game for about a day or so, and then it was back off to Cod 4. I didn't even stay to reach level 65, that's how bored I got.

Mr DDT
05-02-2010, 02:27 PM
WaW is a LOT better than MW2, I don't see why people would overlook it so soon. My friends are always bitching about MW, but keep on playing it, hopefully Black Ops will be awesome though. If MW2 Had aliens it would be much better.

Sampson
05-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I dunno. Call of Duty's getting stale. Lets see what Black Ops brings us.

jamie1000013
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
lol literally everyone on WAW has a mod i played a game with like 7 people with modded controllers. ruins it and I never really got into it. Plus it's one of the easiest online games ever because everyone on it is generally shit.

NathAttack
05-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I like to pretend World at War never happened, and that Treyarch are no longer a company that make games. It keeps me happy.

I'll give Black Ops a chance, but I'm yet to like a Treyarch game. The only one that was even nearly fun for me was Quantum of Solace and it was using Infinity Ward's COD4 engine and a storyline that they themselves didn't write. I guess thats why it was bearable.

VladimirK
05-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I like to pretend World at War never happened, and that Treyarch are no longer a company that make games. It keeps me happy.

Haha, I like that view :p

As for the only one of their games that I properly enjoyed no matter how much I played it, was Spiderman 2.
Their games just seem to be very, meh, imo.

I don't really want to start the whole Treyarch vs IW btw, that argument's boring. Everyone has their own opinion and you obviously can't win that sort of argument, so why even start it?

Xboxawesomeman
05-02-2010, 04:04 PM
i want everyone to stop giving up on it stop being ********* and companing about the veteran mode perfectly good people are on multiplayer to. If you find a modder thats your host in zombie mode its even more awesome because you experience all the mods. so stop crying and get back to WAW!

DivineBadger
05-02-2010, 04:06 PM
WAW is good but it's just the map packs that keeps me from playing. I only have the third and i barely ever stay in one server sort of thing for more than one game. And what is Black Ops? The newest CoD game.

marzipanninja
05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Ive always been one for trading call of duty games in and buying them again at a later date, WAW is the only one ive never done it with. I bought it day one finished the SP tried veteran, laughed( a nervous infuriating laugh as i tried to snap my pad in half) tried the MP got bored and traded it all within 72 hours. However i know there are plenty who prefered WAW to COD 4 and MW2, and from an article i read recently there is still above averahe community playing WAW so why would you want the people who have overlooked WAW to come back and play it. Remember i had it for 72 hours i think i managed 15 hours MP time and i was already fed up hearing people in the lobbies going "this isnt as good as COD4" and "i hate WW2 weapons they are stoopid". Personally i prefer Battlefield BC2 but thats a whole different thread :)

jamie1000013
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
i want everyone to stop giving up on it stop being ********* and companing about the veteran mode perfectly good people are on multiplayer to. If you find a modder thats your host in zombie mode its even more awesome because you experience all the mods. so stop crying and get back to WAW!

hahahahah perfectly good people are on multiplayer lol. Every match I enter everyone has laststand or martydom on and they camp in the most random places ever. I also have rarely been killed by a person camping thats how bad their aiming is. It's like quantum of solace I played it online for the first time I came first every game by miles lol.

AGEEman615
05-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I love WAW! its one of my favorite games to play over live. I dont overlook it. I play it at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Seraph Xii
05-03-2010, 07:31 AM

Lol you can't yell at people for not wanting to play a game dude o.0

Stupid
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
World at War is still a great game, and I hope it continues to be played like CoD: 4 still is.
It's a good game, but the MP40 was overpowered and drove people to irritation, making people move on to other games. It's pretty dead now, sometimes takes a fair whack to find a match, with certain modes completely deserted. When the next game comes out, or Halo Reach, I'd expect it to turn into a ghost town.

Xboxawesomeman
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Lol you can't yell at people for not wanting to play a game dude o.0 yeah sorry kinda gettin angry there

Spoony Bard
05-08-2010, 01:50 AM
WaW has Gary Oldman and Jack-effing-Bauer, therefore is superior to the Modern Warfare games.:p

Seriously though, the only reason I prefer MW to WaW is because I'm really tired of World War 2 FPS games. Still haven't played MW2 at all, and unless I find it for dirt cheap I'm thinking about just holding out for Black Ops.

OMG I GOT SHOT
05-08-2010, 01:57 AM
The easiest solution to a rapid-fire mod is using a noob tube. Even though they paid extra money to make them suck less, they can't stop themselves from dying from a noob tube!:woop: