PDA

View Full Version : Music on 360?

Parkerktm
05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm having some problems with getting music on my 360 and could use your help.

I don't have a PC so I can't stream or transfer using windows media center. I use to put 20 songs on a CD-R and upload them like that and it worked fine.

Then the other day I accidentally deleted my profile and all it's items so that might be the cause of this problem but I don't know. I also selected to delete all of my music and start over.

Anyways I put around 40 songs on a flash drive and none of them work, except two that are mp3 and the rest are mp4 I believe. Even the ones that are not locked or w/e (1.29 off Itunes) don't work, they use to work though.

I re-downloaded the optional media support update and still no long on the other 38 songs so could someone please help me.

Thanks in advance!

TacticalTodger
05-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I get this a lot If I burn music from the computer, only 2-3 songs actually rip onto the xbox. I don't have media centre either, But I can stream using windows media player. just make it so it's in your playlist and you share the media.

Libary>Media Sharing..>Tick Xbox360 Box.

I know this doesn't solve your problem but .M4A won't work by streaming.

It seems only legit CD's rip onto xbox..

VladimirK
05-02-2010, 02:04 AM
I know that with some video files, (specifically .avi), you need to be signed into Live, maybe it's the same for your music files.

Or it might even be the file format?
You only said that a couple are mp3, but what are the other formats?
(I don't use iTunes btw, so I have no idea what they are like).

Only other thing I can think is that maybe the most recent update screwed it up?
Maybe it either took the iTunes file compatibility away or maybe you would have to make a specific music folder in the actual Xbox folder on the flash drive to get it to work properly.

Actually think that second option above could have something in it, like with the PS3, you need to create a folder called "VIDEO", "PICTURE", "MUSIC", or something like that for them to properly work.
(Albeit you can press Triangle and display all for the video before I get corrected by someone).

Exuberate
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
It could depend on how fast your flash drive is. For example, my flash drive is too slow to play songs off it so I plug in my ipod and stream them from that. Try formatting the flash drive then putting the songs back on it and see if that helps.

ToxicKookie
05-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Don't you also have to be formatted to FAT32?

VladimirK
05-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Don't you also have to be formatted to FAT32?

If he could use it before then it must already be at FAT 32.