PDA

View Full Version : How can i turn 'Auto-Renewal' OFF?

JrdRIOT
05-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm wanting to know how i can do this without having to speak to some rep from godknowswhere?
is it possible, i've heard it is and i'm on the account summary thing but i cant find an option to turn it off?

HAiiRy ToAsTie
05-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Since you from the UK like me you have to phone up you can only do it online in the USA and Germany.

JrdRIOT
05-01-2010, 09:54 PM
That's ridiculous.. will i be able to remove it if i am not the card-holder?

HAiiRy ToAsTie
05-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Nope you have to phone up, don't worry it only takes 5 minutes.

Infection Ftw
05-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Didn't they change it so you could do it on xbox.com? That's what I did like 2 years ago..

HAiiRy ToAsTie
05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Like I said you can't do it in the UK.

SSJ3
05-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Wow Microsoft trying to get even more of our money.

Infection Ftw
05-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Like I said you can't do it in the UK.

And I think you are wrong..but since I have used a redeem code for my last membership I can't make a picture of it myself.

Edit: a little google came up with this: http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx

JrdRIOT
05-01-2010, 11:30 PM
And I think you are wrong..but since I have used a redeem code for my last membership I can't make a picture of it myself.

Edit: a little google came up with this: http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx
When i get onto that page. it says 'ON' but there's nothing to click.
i guess i'm gonna have to phone Sanjeep from customer support tomorrow and get him to do it for me

Pooly93
05-01-2010, 11:45 PM
You don't have to phone, it is fully possible to turn Auto-renewal off online in the UK, I did it back before my Xbox live from last year run out so it didn't charge my bank card for the money.
I can't remember where to exactly, but there's a page on the Xbox website that lets you do it, I think you can on the Xbox itself through account management as well but I'm not fully sure.

jamie1000013
05-01-2010, 11:50 PM
when you cancel do you talk to a machine or a person jw lol.

Rowey 94
05-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Its deep in the account settings on Xbox.com :D

JrdRIOT
05-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Its deep in the account settings on Xbox.com :D
where abouts?

A ZombieTwinkie
05-02-2010, 04:12 AM
where abouts?

When you sign into Xbox.com, click on the drop down tab next to your Gamertag and click on My Account. When the next page comes up, on the left side of the page, click on Membership Level:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3003/renewoff.png

On the next page, look for 'ON'. You should be able to click on it this time.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4524/renewoff1.png

After you click on that, it'll take you to the next page where you'll have to hit 'Next', multiple times as they try to convince you not to cancel it.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9011/renewoff2.png

I canceled my girlfriends a month or so ago, so I dont remember how many times you have to click next. But it should take you back to the first page you start on and should say 'OFF' under Membership Level

HAiiRy ToAsTie
05-02-2010, 09:11 AM

Yes but you are not from the UK are you? And the button is there it is not clickable, however.

Infection Ftw
05-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes but you are not from the UK are you? And the button is there it is not clickable, however.

I'm not from the UK indeed but why wouldn't it be possible for the UK. That wouldn't be very logical.

Lava Tonsil
05-02-2010, 09:52 AM
It's done exactly the way ZombieTwinkie shows, and it's a right pain to find out, so i see why you haven't been able to jrdRiot.
I couldn't get into the my account area on xbox.com and got charged for another month when i had a 12 months card to redeem. Really annoying!

Adahn
05-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm not from the UK indeed but why wouldn't it be possible for the UK. That wouldn't be very logical.

Just gave the screenshot guide a go, and I can confirm that the 'On' link isn't there for UK accounts. Lame! Guess I'll join the queue of people having to find a CS number to call come tuesday morning!

Coxy x360a
05-02-2010, 11:22 AM
You gotta call up India, Pakitstan, somewhere like that.

Infection Ftw
05-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Just gave the screenshot guide a go, and I can confirm that the 'On' link isn't there for UK accounts. Lame! Guess I'll join the queue of people having to find a CS number to call come tuesday morning!

Well that is bullshit..if they would simply make the price equal to those year cards instead of near double then we wouldn't have all these troubles.

HAiiRy ToAsTie
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM

Well for some reason, the money grabbers decided to only do it in certain countries, none of which being the UK. It's appalling really:mad:.

JrdRIOT
05-02-2010, 02:45 PM
When you sign into Xbox.com, click on the drop down tab next to your Gamertag and click on My Account. When the next page comes up, on the left side of the page, click on Membership Level:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3003/renewoff.png

On the next page, look for 'ON'. You should be able to click on it this time.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4524/renewoff1.png

After you click on that, it'll take you to the next page where you'll have to hit 'Next', multiple times as they try to convince you not to cancel it.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9011/renewoff2.png

I canceled my girlfriends a month or so ago, so I dont remember how many times you have to click next. But it should take you back to the first page you start on and should say 'OFF' under Membership Level

I really appreciate that, but the 'ON' button isn't there in the UK, it's just text not an internal link..
It's ridiculous that they removed it for the UK..

kentarulez
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Doesn't it work if you just use a code from a card instead. It just stops renewing automatically or something?

JrdRIOT
05-02-2010, 02:57 PM
what the fuck... i just phoned up.. told them what i wanted and they hung up on me?!

A ZombieTwinkie
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I really appreciate that, but the 'ON' button isn't there in the UK, it's just text not an internal link..
It's ridiculous that they removed it for the UK..
That's screwed up.

what the fuck... i just phoned up.. told them what i wanted and they hung up on me?!
And that's really screwed up. I dont see why having that option online would be region specific.

Stupid money hungry Microsoft. Sorry that it didn't work for you guys. Hopefully you'll be able to get it done sometime soon.

TheSneakyKnight
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Doesn't it work if you just use a code from a card instead. It just stops renewing automatically or something?

No it doesn't stop it renewing automatically after putting in a code i hoped it would, but it doesn't. You can always just enter your redeem code before the date your subscription runs out that's all I've done. I guess if you want to stop your subscription because your no longer using it then you'll have to ring them.

JrdRIOT
05-02-2010, 05:05 PM
That's screwed up.

And that's really screwed up. I dont see why having that option online would be region specific.

Stupid money hungry Microsoft. Sorry that it didn't work for you guys. Hopefully you'll be able to get it done sometime soon.
I have finally got it set to 'OFF' but i still can't remove the card, I'm not THAT bothered about removing it, but i'd still prefer it if i could delete it.

I literally called them 5 times and i got through to the same woman who would hang up, so when i got her the 6th time, i told her i had recorded 4 of the previous phone calls and if she hung up again i would report her trading standards (i lied, it worked)
minutes later, she had turned it off :)

Me - 1
MS - 0

A ZombieTwinkie
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I have finally got it set to 'OFF' but i still can't remove the card, I'm not THAT bothered about removing it, but i'd still prefer it if i could delete it.

I literally called them 5 times and i got through to the same woman who would hang up, so when i got her the 6th time, i told her i had recorded 4 of the previous phone calls and if she hung up again i would report her trading standards (i lied, it worked)
minutes later, she had turned it off :)

Me - 1
MS - 0

Go you, haha.

And I don't see why she'd be so bothered to take maybe not even 5 minutes of her time to turn it off for you. It's not like canceling one Live renewal is going to change her pay any.

Unless of course, they frown upon people canceling their subs like Gamestop frowns upon their employees getting reservations canceled.