PDA

View Full Version : Batman 3 - Announced!

Vonzipper
05-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Yes that's right the dark knight will return July 20, 2012! ;)

Today Warner Bros announced that 'Batman 3' will be hitting cinemas in summer 2012! Now thats a long wait. Suck it up fanboys and wait it out, it's going to be worth it!

Source (http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087195p1.html)

veece16
05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to see what The Dark Knight will do next.

BlamelessSoul
05-02-2010, 01:48 AM
he should fight superman lol. I am sure this will be a good movie i loved the idea of phillip seymour hoffman as the penguin i think that would be sweet and how bout the guy that plays ben on lost as the riddler.

Takamura Bear
05-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm all for Batman, but I don't think a third movie will be as good DN to be honest.

The Dark Knight got an incredible amount of hype due to everyone's fav villain, The Joker, being in it. It was a very good movie because of him.

I'm not saying other villains introduced won't be as interesting, but I honestly think that DN was the peak of Batman movies (today's Batman movies anyway). Can I really get myself exicted about seeing the Riddler and other villains (as great as they are) in the movie? Not as much as I was for getting hyped up for The Joker.

It's still early days, however, so it may end up being great.

McGoogles
05-02-2010, 02:19 AM
I sure hope the Riddler will be as good as the Batman Forever's Riddler.

What actor can beat this? ;)

YouTube- Jim Carrey - Batman Forever - Edward becomes The Riddler

Iconoclast
05-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Is this supposed to be the last movie in the series, or just another film? (I had heard from somewhere else that the next Batman movie would be the last)

Lord Yamikage
05-02-2010, 07:18 AM
From the article:

Christopher Nolan hasn't been officially announced as returning to direct the threequel yet, but he is hashing out the script with his brother Jonah and David Goyer.

You kidding? Mr. Nolan must finish what he started. This Batman movie series is build by Mr. Nolan, and succeed with his determination. You can't have someone else finish the most successful Batman series, or most successful superhero series ever.

Is this supposed to be the last movie in the series, or just another film? (I had heard from somewhere else that the next Batman movie would be the last)

It should be the last film of the Mr. Nolan's Batman series. Afterall, I personally believe that the Dark Knight had incredibly best cliff hanging ending. What's going to happen now that Gordon has to hunt the Dark Knight as criminal? Holy Shield, bring on the next film. 2012 seem to be filled with some of the best films to be watch.

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-02-2010, 07:25 AM
2012? Christ, he has to be at least close to finished with Inception. What the hell else does he have to do this year. I want it in May of 2011.

Lord Yamikage
05-02-2010, 08:09 AM
2012? Christ, he has to be at least close to finished with Inception. What the hell else does he have to do this year. I want it in May of 2011.

I prefer Mr. Nolan take necessary time he needs to make a film, then to rush it. Waiting year, two, three, or even 5 is worth it, because the Dark Knight define what a perfection movie is all about, and having to end the trilogy with such disappointment would be.... devastating.

X360a Licey
05-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Yes that's right the dark knight will return July 20, 2012! ;)

Today Warner Bros announced that 'Batman 3' will be hitting cinemas in summer 2012! Now thats a long wait. Suck it up fanboys and wait it out, it's going to be worth it!

Source (http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087195p1.html)
:eek: Jeez, this film better make me cream.

A ZombieTwinkie
05-02-2010, 08:36 AM
:eek: Jeez, this film better make me cream.

Hah, I agree.

And, you know. I'd like to see Jim Carrey back as The Riddler. I think he could take the role on now. A seriously sarcastic kind of role. But I do agree, this one wont be as epic since Joker was in DN and it was an absolutely amazing film. Can't wait to see who the main villain is gonna be.

domn8rdom
05-03-2010, 03:03 AM
2012? to bad we all wont be alive to watch it haha

I dont know how the 3rd Batman can even be better than The Dark Knight but I hope it will

Tussell
05-03-2010, 03:21 AM
Just watch, another main character will 'die'. We'll then find out it was Nolan's selling strategy, and it really paid off with Heath Ledger. Nolan will then be put away forever!

Man, I really hope that happens... Just as long as it's not Bale.

CodSteaks
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
i would think any fan of super hero movies would be looking forward to this. and i agree, chris nolan should definitely finish it up. sure seems like it's set up to be a trilogy. just hope they can find a good villain.

Lord Yamikage
05-03-2010, 05:00 PM
i would think any fan of super hero movies would be looking forward to this. and i agree, chris nolan should definitely finish it up. sure seems like it's set up to be a trilogy. just hope they can find a good villain.

I'm more concern about the story than the villain. Based on how the DK ended, the main villain can be Commissioner Gordon (well technically it would be the Batman who is villain) and his campaign to hunt down the Greatest Detective, the Batman. The story.... how the hell is it going to end? Will the Batman remain a wanted man, or would that be change?

Yeah.... I'm more concern with story than the villain, but that's my thought about it. Not that I'm saying they shouldn't have any villain.

SPierce
05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Excellent!
Can't wait to see what happens, I'm sure the 2 year wait will be worth it... But still...the wait sucks. :(

CodSteaks
05-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm more concern about the story than the villain. Based on how the DK ended, the main villain can be Commissioner Gordon (well technically it would be the Batman who is villain) and his campaign to hunt down the Greatest Detective, the Batman. The story.... how the hell is it going to end? Will the Batman remain a wanted man, or would that be change?

Yeah.... I'm more concern with story than the villain, but that's my thought about it. Not that I'm saying they shouldn't have any villain.

good points, the story is definitely going to be the determining factor that makes it good or not. it looks like pretty much the same creative team did batman begins and the dark knight, so if they come together again to sort of wrap up the story, i'll have high hopes for it. if different people come in to just ride the cash train and pump out another one, i'm going to be leary. i'm sure there will be some sort of villain from the comics, that's just kind of how hollywood works.

KFZ Scrubs
05-04-2010, 03:36 AM
If it's the Riddler, the person i really want to play them is..... Jim Carey!
Yup, I'd love to see him take up that role again as the Riddler, that'd be so awesome. People say Johnny Depp.... but i'm not such a big fan of him.... well not anymore at least. After seeing Alice in Wonderland.... he just seems weirder to me.....
I guess that'd be a compliment to him

k1lls1gn
05-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Awesome, i enjoyed The Dark knight alot and im looking forward to this, but 2012? wow thats a long wait.....isnt the world suppose to end in 2012? lmao jk :p

Bubbowie
05-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Great. The dark knight was the beat film that year. I hope they can up the ante

B1GM13
05-04-2010, 07:20 AM
and now we can begin the rumours and wishlists for villians who we want to appear.

god it's going to be a long 2 years.

interesting that Batman3 will be up against the avengers movie in 2012.

exo-apollo
05-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Man, I really hope that happens... Just as long as it's not Bale.

Yeah we need him around to play the lead in the Man vs Wild Biography film.

domn8rdom
05-04-2010, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=B1GM13;3055130]and now we can begin the rumours and wishlists for villians who we want to appear.[QUOTE]

I will start.

Danny Devito as the Penguin. CLASSIC!! haha

DaveHowie98
08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Nice :woop: I'm sure they're putting Riddler in this one, personally I'd like the Mad Hatter or Mr. Freeze in this one,

SALT1R3
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Woot, cant wait for it to come now :)

BemusedBox
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesome, i enjoyed The Dark knight alot and im looking forward to this, but 2012? wow thats a long wait.....isnt the world suppose to end in 2012? lmao jk :p
Just make it the last film you see.

The last few batman films have been good and they have plenty of time to work on this one.

MasterKingz
08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Thats not it CatWoman will return with him, and the director has already said NO to Megan Fox, i want Halle Berry back for catwoman :P

DarKnight80
08-04-2010, 09:02 AM
As far as a bad guy goes, I want The Riddler for this movie. My first pick to play that part would be Michael C. Hall from "Dexter." I did see an interview where he stated that he was interested in the role if Christopher Nolan has that character in the third movie.

If Michael C. Hall does not get the part, I wouldn't mind seeing Joseph Gordon-Levitt as The Riddler. I thought he was phenomenal in "Inception."

hodge
08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
On one hand it's a new batman, so yay! But on the other, I don't think that it could ever follow on from The Dark Knight and be anywhere near as good as it

B1GM13
08-05-2010, 10:40 AM
We're as unhealthily obsessed with Batman 3 (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/961/961205.html) as the next fanboy or girl. But we pumped the brakes a bit when we read the story over at ComicBookMovie.com (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=20996) about an intern at Warner Bros. reporting that Inception (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/143/14322233.html) stars Leonardo DiCaprio (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/913/913613.html), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/913/913907.html) and Tom Hardy (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/917/917149.html) are all under consideration for the role of Riddler (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/924/924001.html) in Batman 3.

We know, readers, we know: Chris Nolan's most recent movie's success + rumor mills + rumor mills in the presence of very powerful interns = Wait and see. But check it: These casting choices are damn impressive. Any one of these actors, as evidenced by their performances in Inception, could do justice to the part. Throw in the fact that Nolan likes to keep a core unit when it comes to his projects and it's a no-brainer that one of these actors could eventually be cast as Gotham's biggest owner of question-mark apparel.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/111/1110240/inception-actorrs1_1280882021.jpg Riddle me this: Which actor should puzzle box Batman in the new sequel?

Source - IGN.com

jamie1000013
08-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Source - IGN.com

I hope it's none of them TBH they don't suit the part. I wouldn't mind Jim Carey doing it again but thats never going to happen. I actually can't picture anyone but Jim Carey in my mind for this role. Michael C Hall might do a good job because he is a great actor or maybe Johnny Depp because he is a great actor aswell and can play any role to perfection.

Can't think of anyone else >.<.

Schism
08-05-2010, 06:57 PM
hmmm i hope if they put the riddler that its no where the same as Jim Carrey's Riddler. I mean he played the good "insane" crazy man...but The Riddler, from the comics and cartoons, was never INSANE or crazy, he was very smart and was not always laughing and going bananas. I think Michael C. Hall as someone stated earlier would play that part very good. As for the story..i really dont know how that would end up. As now batman, to the people of gotham, is seen as a villian. Hmmmm i would like some villains in there that are not over the top..realistic i guess? Scarface?? They could maybe introduce Bane? I am really hoping that the Scarecrow(Cillian Murphy) comes back into the next movie..that would be amazing if he was the Main villain teamed up with the Riddler so that maybe batman has to team up with someone else, maybe Nightwing?? Catwoman? ^^

Lord Yamikage
08-05-2010, 08:08 PM
hmmm i hope if they put the riddler that its no where the same as Jim Carrey's Riddler. I mean he played the good "insane" crazy man...but The Riddler, from the comics and cartoons, was never INSANE or crazy, he was very smart and was not always laughing and going bananas. I think Michael C. Hall as someone stated earlier would play that part very good. As for the story..i really dont know how that would end up. As now batman, to the people of gotham, is seen as a villian. Hmmmm i would like some villains in there that are not over the top..realistic i guess? Scarface?? They could maybe introduce Bane? I am really hoping that the Scarecrow(Cillian Murphy) comes back into the next movie..that would be amazing if he was the Main villain teamed up with the Riddler so that maybe batman has to team up with someone else, maybe Nightwing?? Catwoman? ^^

Nightwing (Robin or even Batgirl) will not appear in Mr. Nolan's film because Mr. Nolan specifically said - if I remember correctly - that Bruce is still new [being the Batman]. It is extremely too early to introduce Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, or even Batwoman into his film (or so something like that said by Mr. Nolan).

Catwoman? Eh.... I guess she won't be bad. She can play good and bad. Either way.... two more years. Thank God we get to play Batman:AC year before the film to keep us busy.

TsarBlandi
08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
awesome! Dark Knight was one of my favourite films