PDA

View Full Version : If Microsoft made a new Xbox would they scrap gamerscore?

jamie1000013
05-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I know there probably won't be a new xbox for like 2 or 3 years lol but it got me thinking. Would they bring back gamerscore or bring some new form of gamerscore?.

Would you be able to transfer your profile to the new Xbox?

If it can run Xbox 360 games then shouldn't it have to keep gamerscore?

Also I can't think of any decent names if they did make a new Xbox lol.

Here's a list of all the names I can think they can call it.

Xbox720
Xbox Mii
Xbox3
XboxI

all them names suck >.<

What are your opinions?

veece16
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm guessing they would keep everyone's gamerscore. What about...

Xbox Generation
Xbox Revolution
Xbox Evolution

Just some simple similar names.

SSJ3
05-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Of course they would us Gamerscore whores give ms loads of money

jamie1000013
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Xbox Generation
Xbox Revolution
Xbox Evolution

Yeah their pretty good lol I couldn't think of anything >.< lol. Makes you wonder how they came up with 360.

Lord Yamikage
05-02-2010, 04:43 PM

So true.... gotta keep hunters something to hunt for, or they won't be making much money as they would. :gsicon: and Achievements.... wonder if they'll add something more. Something new and surprising.

veece16
05-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah their pretty good lol I couldn't think of anything >.< lol. Makes you wonder how they came up with 360.

My thoughts are that they think they "turned" the world around with the xbox, hence the 360.

KostinKid
05-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Exactly. I mean you could import your tag from the xbox original. If the made it so you couldn't earn achievements so many people would go to Sony or PC it would make Microsoft’s head spin.

Vonzipper
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
They wouldn't scrap gamerscore. Reseting it seems more likely but I still hope they don't! I don't want to work hard to finally reach my goal then realise that I have to start again with next-next-gen console games.

Also, what will happen to this site? Will it remain the same and include the next console's games or will there be another site dedicated specifically to the new games?

TacticalTodger
05-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Achievements are funner than trophys on ps3, I like ps3 home setup though. Wish the games room was more a free roaming app. Meh...

vans
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
i find i play games more intently because of GS so i would hope and imagine they would keep it.

NexBOX

Lord Yamikage
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
[....]
Also, what will happen to this site? Will it remain the same and include the next console's games or will there be another site dedicated specifically to the new games?

Ha ha, that is very interesting question. Will they simply shift everything, combine, make new site.... I wonder if Admins have some idea or had brief discussion among themselves.

jamie1000013
05-02-2010, 05:02 PM
They wouldn't scrap gamerscore. Reseting it seems more likely but I still hope they don't! I don't want to work hard to finally reach my goal then realise that I have to start again with next-next-gen console games.

www.xboxmiiachievements.org lolz that would be the worst name of an xbox ever ;-)

Hitchman
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
i believe that i read a statement a few months back (from Micro$oft) that stated the fact that they were going to transfer GS and accounts to their next console.

It would be a stupid move for them not to re-integrate achievements into the next generation. So many people put a lot of time/money into their achievements.

Rowey 94
05-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I cant see it happen, i mean if they did abandon/reset it, im sure ms would have a lot of angry cheevo hunters on their back ehy ? ;)
and names for a new xbox what about...

The Xbox
Xbox 3.0

^^

-Rowey

Webb
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM

I hear that this site will just expand to adopt both the new and the old. Hey, what do I know though? :p

mmartynn
05-02-2010, 06:17 PM
they will keep gamerscore, otherwise too many people would keep their 360

sleepydumbdude
05-02-2010, 06:21 PM
They will keep GS. Since they are doing it with Windows Mobile and Games for Windows I don't see them doing away with it for awhile.

veece16
05-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I hear that this site will just expand to adopt both the new and the old. Hey, what do I know though? :p

Yea Webb, you're just an admin, jus kidding.

Is Natal going to have anything special? From what I know it has a camera, voice recognition, and motion activation in it.

domn8rdom
05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes i think they will. Or Day 1 when the console comes out it will be a massive free for all for what name everyone wants. But if they could transfer our GT they should send our gamerscore.

If they do reset though. I wouldnt mind everyone at 0 gamerscore. I mean thats the only way I would catch those 100,000 gamerscore achievement whores haha

mmartynn
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
^^ natal will be thrown into the deepest, darkest pits in the bottem of the sea. if not by microsoft and then by me personally.

StolenPaper18
05-02-2010, 06:29 PM
It would not be very smart of them to get scrap gamerscore. Do you know how long some people have worked at theirs? Do you know how many people only play games because of gamerscore?

...Well no, I don't know the answer to either of those questions, but I bet it's a lot.

Hamburgerous
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
My thoughts are that they think they "turned" the world around with the xbox, hence the 360.

I heard a tag line in a magazine long, long ago with something like "Xbox 360: gaming comes full circle" so it's almost certainly to do with the revolution that this console apparently was.

OT: They'll keep gamer score, there would be riots if they didn't. They'll probably improve it and give you something more tangeable for 100%ing a game like a trophy as on PS3. The current system of giving you a logo on a tab in you games archive that disappears as soon as DLC is released needs to be changed. You still 100%ed the original game and should have some sort of record of it.

Anyway, gamerscore will stay, but it'll be improved.

Tufty
05-02-2010, 06:55 PM
They won't get remove gamerscore, Microsoft would loose money because nobody would buy terrible games.

GrindPantera95
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
They won't remove it maybe rename it, or make it a little more rewarding.
But we'll just wait to see if the Xquare disappoints. :p

oO CurrY Oo
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Im pretty sure they will keep Gamerscore but i do hope they have an option to split your 360 Gamerscore and whateverthenextxboxiscalled Gamerscore.

Judivarious
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
They should call it the SExbox, and 99.9% of the games on the system include women in skankly clad clothing :D

I Am NeroTag
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
No they wouldn't we put a lot of money into the games

Herr Shaun
05-02-2010, 11:25 PM
I think if they decide to get rid of gamerscore, they should pay their users out a dollar per gamerpoint. People in the 200+k's would never have to work another day in their lives. :P

Kamakazi Pear
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
If they did, they would probably be the stupidest company in the world.

JoeyStone
05-03-2010, 12:10 AM
I think if they decide to get rid of gamerscore, they should pay their users out a dollar per gamerpoint. People in the 200+k's would never have to work another day in their lives. :P

It would be pretty tough to survive for the rest of your life on $200,000 (not that it wouldn't be nice), but you'd need a least a million to really not have to work another day.

Has anyone ever hit one million gamerscore?

veece16
05-03-2010, 12:14 AM
It would be pretty tough to survive for the rest of your life on $200,000 (not that it wouldn't be nice), but you'd need a least a million to really not have to work another day.

Has anyone ever hit one million gamerscore?

Nope, Stallion is the highest at 420k I think.

dakisbac
05-03-2010, 12:47 AM
The answer is obviously no. They've made so much money on Live on DLC alone just because they have achievements tied to them, not to mention all the shitty games that are bought for gamerscore (Microsoft gets money for every game bought)

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/14976/1289873-gameanatomy_super.jpg

Sampson
05-03-2010, 12:50 AM
As long as they still have achievements I'll be happy.

Jemocasa
05-03-2010, 01:52 AM

Xbox Generation
Xbox Revolution
Xbox Evolution

Isn't that what 360 means? 360 degrees is one revolution.:)

veece16
05-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Isn't that what 360 means? 360 degrees is one revolution.:)

It's just a name, something better than numbers or xbox 720.

OG Baker224
05-03-2010, 02:49 AM
If they do it they will regret it and would bring them back right away. XBOX 3000?idk.. never thought about it good question though

xtye
05-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Xbox RRoD Edition

withoutlove124
05-03-2010, 04:47 AM
id HOPE they would keep it and transfer gamerscore.
i KNOW they wont trash it all together because microsoft makes LOADS of money off achivment whores =)

you think Avatar burning earth sold any copies (or was rented out) at ALL b4 people found out it had easy chevos? ;)

Squid Adler
05-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm a little torn on the gamerscore scrapping. Yeah, it'd feel kind of liberating, but I'd be mad I wasted all that time running over zombies in Dead Rising!

As for the name, I think they should just do away with "Xbox" all together. Shorten it to "X" and suddenly the sky is the limit for name options.

Stupid
05-03-2010, 09:52 AM

They wanted something that started with a 3, thus to counteract if you will, the PS3 - people look for bigger numbers, and people often buy the biggest - look at Graphics cards with there useless numbers and even cars. 360 also went well with the 'circle of light' etc.
To the OP, if they dropped gamerscore I'd be very annoyed, but a part of me would feel slightly relieved I wouldn't have to play games on harder modes. Though I do enjoy a challenge, veteran mode can take the...

lenny m
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Why would they get rid of Gamerscore. EVerybody who owns a console has a score from accomplishments. Even Steam with PC Games have introduced Achievements so i dont see why they should

Cable Player
05-03-2010, 03:49 PM

If I had a quote of the day section on a website. (If I had a website) That would be the quote of the day.

In my own opinion though, I would prefer a new xbox to be a fresh start.
Think of stallion... He's on his way to 1 million... I have faith in him doing it but if a new xbox is released then of course hell get there because it will be to easy, (if the achievements are kept the same).

I think we should start from scratch on a new xbox system.
And that is coming from someone with over 40,000 :gsicon:
Why? - Because it was fun earning it all!

jamie1000013
05-03-2010, 05:09 PM
They wanted something that started with a 3, thus to counteract if you will, the PS3 - people look for bigger numbers, and people often buy the biggest - look at Graphics cards with there useless numbers and even cars. 360 also went well with the 'circle of light' etc.
To the OP, if they dropped gamerscore I'd be very annoyed, but a part of me would feel slightly relieved I wouldn't have to play games on harder modes. Though I do enjoy a challenge, veteran mode can take the...

thank you for the explanation :-)) (Ive got a double chin) how did they come up with the PS3 then?

lol

The Zeppo 89
05-03-2010, 05:50 PM
It would be funny if they did reset them or even do away with achievements altogether. The suicide rate would rise sharply lol.

sak7395
05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
they would defintly keep otherwise no one would play

IAMTHEBISHOP
05-04-2010, 02:41 AM
I hope they keep the gamerscore around until they stop making xboxes. I want to see my games score hit 1 billion before I die LMAO

Heybunny
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Well I expect (and hope) that they will keep achievements and gamerscore, based on what others have already said in the thread. I'd like to see the next console fully backwards compatible with an achievements/gamerscore system (maybe even the same one?) so people who have worked hard on games don't have to start from 0 again. It'd also be nice to be able to still work on existing 360 titles on the new console. :)

njdevils17
05-04-2010, 03:04 PM
They'd be idiots if they did. The fact that some people spend money on games just for gamerscore and achievements means they'll keep it.

It's not like it costs them anything to keep it in (I'm pretty sure), so what would they accomplish by getting rid of it besides pissing off fellow achievement aficionados?

Achievements are the reason games like Avatar and Open Season have actually sold copies.

bapae
05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I really doubt they would scrap it since people like us make them tons of money. But if they did i probably wouldn't buy the new system.

sk83rty
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
They'd probably just keep it going I'd suppose. If not, they'd have to have some alternative that people would like. But I think gamerscore is here to stay because PC games for Windows use it too, and it's probably something that's not going anywhere anytime soon.

superandyt
05-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I really hope they keep it going It's my plan to pass on my gamertag to my most beloved descendant when I die...or have my gamerscore carved onto my tomb if I don't have any children.

mosin360
05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Gamerscore will be around for a long time. And whenever MS rolls out the next console, I could see them keeping the 360 games and the new console games seperate. I would prefer if they allow you to continue on to the next console.

TotalJordy
05-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I think it would be stupid to scrap gamer score. They will probally let you transfer your account. Gamerscore lets players play games longer than they usually would