PDA

View Full Version : Modders are rampant already

FriXionX
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
YouTube- Halo: Reach Beta Modding

:/

Maka
05-02-2010, 06:52 PM
The one good thing about Halo3 is how little modding there was... and now this.

Atarii
05-02-2010, 06:53 PM
/sigh

I'll just hope I don't play any games with people who are willing to do this... in a beta.

KNIGHTOFSERA
05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Dont these people ever get tired of being jackasses......

although a mongoose gun is pretty cool......

N3xus Gam3r
05-02-2010, 06:59 PM
oh that, yeah that just the new Forge mode

oh did i forgot too turn off the sarcasm button...

Hot Juicy Pie
05-02-2010, 07:31 PM
already reported it to bungie. they crack down on this shit pretty quick.

Volzagia
05-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Why do they bother ruining games for people :(

iBean
05-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Uh I hate modders, I remember the ones on Halo 2 that actually though they were good.

Ragnadaam
05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
YouTube- Halo Reach Clone Mods & Rocket Hog
Gonna leave that there.The Warthog in this video is pretty awesome,even though a modder got it.Also hear some modders have found out cool info about the final game through looking at teh code and what not.Maybe this'll help Bungie somehow,also if I'm not mistaken Halo 3 could be modded(though not certain).

Atarii
05-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Rag, in that video you've posted, the elite assassination sound is quite funny. Perhaps the sound file won't accompany every assassination on elites, but I lol'd at it.

Phetty
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
The chances of you seeing this stuff online isn't very likely. You need a JTAG 360 which will be banned within hours of you playing it online. Unless these are infectable like Modern Warfare 2's mods then it won't be a problem.

Atroxx70
05-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Personally I hope they mod the shit out this beta, the more the better. Right now they are going to be flagging, recording, and scrutinizing the hell out of every game where unusual shit happens, so the more modders there are, the better chance us legit players have that Bungie and MS will find ways to stop them when the game goes live.

dark lord me
05-02-2010, 11:52 PM
I remember in the Haloe 3 Beta the hackers found out about the names of the unanounced maps, new weapons and figured out ( Idon't know if it was hackers ) How to get to custom games, I remember playing slayer on valhala with the wraith and scorpion that were still unanounced what the new ones were like. It was awesome

Phetty
05-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Well this is the info modders have found in the Reach Beta.
http://shawtyboy.com/Halo%20Reach%20Secret%20Information.txt

Joker0fLife
05-03-2010, 12:14 AM
( Idon't know if it was hackers ) How to get to custom games, I remember playing slayer on valhala with the wraith and scorpion that were still unanounced what the new ones were like. It was awesome

Wasn't a hacker, just a crazy glitch. I was one of the first to get into one of those games.

Personally I hope they mod the shit out this beta, the more the better. Right now they are going to be flagging, recording, and scrutinizing the hell out of every game where unusual shit happens, so the more modders there are, the better chance us legit players have that Bungie and MS will find ways to stop them when the game goes live.

EXACTLY! Public beta, is public...COD beta not. Infinity Ward = a bunch of retards. They know that they are so retarded, 29 people have quit already because of severe retardation.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-03-2010, 01:49 AM
The chances of you seeing this stuff online isn't very likely. You need a JTAG 360 which will be banned within hours of you playing it online. Unless these are infectable like Modern Warfare 2's mods then it won't be a problem. I was unaware the beta could be played offline.

Phetty
05-03-2010, 01:57 AM
I was unaware the beta could be played offline.
It's not possible on a retail 360, but people have patched it so that they can mod it. If you watch the videos people posted they're definately playing in a game by themselves.

They also found a somewhat playable firefight map (there's no enemies).
YouTube- Halo: Reach Generator Defense Beta Map (Pre-Beta) Overlook

Kaiyo
05-03-2010, 02:37 AM
OMG on a beta before it goes fully public.
Those people will never get tired of being @holes.

litepink
05-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Shooting Mongooses' is a planned feature of the final retail release...nothing to see here...

SDIDDY11
05-03-2010, 03:27 AM
lol at the music haha

linktriforce007
05-03-2010, 03:28 AM

And this is why people say Halo 3 was full of immature people. Imagine that. (Don't get me wrong, Halo is awesome.)

Analgia
05-03-2010, 03:40 AM

Are you kidding? Halo 3 has plenty of mods, some of them are really well done or cool like this one:

YouTube- My Very Last Mod: Halo 3 Mind Powers

SynysterChris
05-03-2010, 09:05 AM
As long as this isn't in matchmaking I'm cool with it. But the MOD above was pretty cool, and wouldn't mind messing around with that in a custom game.

Atroxx70
05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Are you kidding? Halo 3 has plenty of mods, some of them are really well done or cool like this one:

YouTube- My Very Last Mod: Halo 3 Mind Powers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIkNRaGvdA)

Best part of that video was the Plasma Pistol that shoots full size Master Chiefs. Chuck Norris might need to actually start watching his back.

Coxy x360a
05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Its just a beta, it won't be like it in the real game.. I hope.

Opiate42
05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Shooting Mongooses' is a planned feature of the final retail release...nothing to see here...

That'll be an achievement: Goose Down Pillow (25GS) get a headshot with a gun-fired mongoose.

Like really that's going to sting a bit.

Atroxx70: Personally I hope they mod the shit out this beta, the more the better. Right now they are going to be flagging, recording, and scrutinizing the hell out of every game where unusual shit happens, so the more modders there are, the better chance us legit players have that Bungie and MS will find ways to stop them when the game goes live.

Dude I can only agree, Bungie better have their pencils sharp.

Natetendo83
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
For some reason I saw this thread and the first brain wave I had was "is he talking about all the locked threads?" lol