PDA

View Full Version : Meeting people that you met on xbox live

I Am NeroTag
05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Was just wondering if you guys ever met someone that you were good friends with on xbox live

StolenPaper18
05-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I've met a few people, that I was friends with on live, in person. They weren't really complete strangers though because I met them through people I already knew...but I met them on live before I met them in person.

KostinKid
05-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Like met in person?

If so no but, I do have some friends on XBL I text, and talk to on facebook...

mmartynn
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM
nah, there are a few i would like to meet off live and from on here.

THe C H ii e F
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
A friend of mine on XBL has supposedly befriended a guy from Florida and supposedly she is meeting with him near Christmas time.
Kinda weird if you ask me :s

Madfrog0
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
i have never met anyone, not sure i would want to

Filter x360a
05-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I've met some really cool people, actually this guy I use to play halo 2 with on original xbox came to my wedding. We still talk to this day even though he's not into games as much as he use to be.

Exterminator
05-02-2010, 10:29 PM
None yet so far, and I dont really plan on doing so. Since I dont really add strangers unless they tell me like they are from here or something.

I Am NeroTag
05-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Im planning on meeting someone

Rowey 94
05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I've met some really cool people, actually this guy I use to play halo 2 with on original xbox came to my wedding. We still talk to this day even though he's not into games as much as he use to be. For some reason that story sounds really cool :D how long you knew this guy?

Kamakazi Pear
05-02-2010, 11:23 PM
For some reason that story sounds really cool :D how long you knew this guy?
I was thinking the same. Nice story.

Missis Beki
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I've met two of the people face to face.
Callum x360a
and qwertygirl.
Both awesome people but it was scary as hell meeting them just incase they were serial killers ( I think callum maybe but shhh dont tell him that)
;)
In june me and my other half are meeting an american and 2 british guys we have been playing with for about 2 years actually really looking forward to it.

Tussell
05-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I have. It was awesome as hell. Still gotta head over to Canada and meet up with a buddy over there.

MattDB87
05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
I have a couple guys on my friends list i'd like to meet for real.

A ZombieTwinkie
05-02-2010, 11:55 PM
I haven't met anyone I've met on Live in person - yet. I have a few added on Facebook and just havent made the trip yet. Need to make that trip up to Canada sometime.

And come August, I'll be at the Mayhem Festival down in OKC. Meeting up with a few people I game with when I head there.

Filter x360a
05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
For some reason that story sounds really cool :D how long you knew this guy?

About 3 years before my wedding when my the girlfriend and I were living together. It date I've known him for about 6 years. He moved back to Richmond, VA a few years ago.

But yeah, we met once or twice before I invited him to the wedding. The funny thing is when we met on Halo 2 we HATED each other for the first few games! We were t baggin each other and shit talking all over the place. Then we finally ended up on the same team and just kinda clicked. He's good shit, and could make me laugh so fuckin' hard.

So yeah, not all people on XBL are total douche bags.

Burning Karma
05-03-2010, 03:33 AM
So yeah, not all people on XBL are total douche bags.
Just 99.99999% :p

I've not met anyone I initially met on Live in person. There's only a few people I have my friends list that I met through Live actually. I usually met people online through forums.

Steve50013
05-03-2010, 03:37 AM
I've met some really cool people, actually this guy I use to play halo 2 with on original xbox came to my wedding. We still talk to this day even though he's not into games as much as he use to be.

Im rooming with this guy at pax...

DOOKH8R
05-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Not yet, but there a couple of people I probably will sooner or later. And no, Saiyu, no need to worry, I'm not heading up that way anytime soon. Sold my boat

Burning Karma
05-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Not yet, but there a couple of people I probably will sooner or later. And no, Saiyu, no need to worry, I'm not heading up that way anytime soon. Sold my boat
Eh....what? Why would you need a boat to get here?

VladimirK
05-03-2010, 03:50 AM
I've never done it, but there's a few folk that I would like to meet up with that I've met through here and Live.
We talk often enough that I think we would be able to get on irl except the usual sort of little while of awkwardness at first.

We have talked about doing it, maybe more jokingly than serious, but the trouble is finding us a place to meet, I'm in Glasgow, the others are either in a different part of Scotland, England or in America.

Schism
05-03-2010, 03:52 AM
my friend Kevin. aka Gokujiz (gt).
does those gears of war sniper vids.
joined a random match.
found out he lived down my street...about 3 years ago.
now one of my best friends ha

Dudenfresh
05-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Honestly in my opinion, it's better to know your friends in person before you see them in Xbox LIVE.

DOOKH8R
05-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Eh....what? Why would you need a boat to get here?

Ugh. Because I used to paddle on your end of the state, but now-no boat, no need to head that way. Alas you are safe from the dreaded, mystery guest

Burning Karma
05-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Ugh. Because I used to paddle on your end of the state, but now-no boat, no need to head that way. Alas you are safe from the dreaded, mystery guest
....that must be some heavy duty paddling considering I am basically surrounded by mountains.

DeekBoy
05-03-2010, 04:33 AM
there are a few people i talk to regularly and it seems like i have known them forever!!!!

withoutlove124
05-03-2010, 04:41 AM
no but theres a few fellows id love to meet =)

Painkiller Q8
05-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Yes.. and they are 4 friends and their my close friends now :)

AltruismIsDead
05-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Nope, unless you consider meeting a friend of a friend that I've played with before hand?

Otherwise I have a friend I've probably known for almost 10+ years now, first met him on some Duke Nukem 3D forums, we've done Duke Nukem 3D modding/total conversions together etc and met up with him after knowing him for roughly 4-ish years.

Also met up with another friend the same way, through Duke 3D.

Normally I am hesitant about meeting people online unless I've actually known and talked to them for quite some time.

SSJ3
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
It's better if you actually know what they look like too ;)

AGEEman615
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I' ve met a couple of guys on WAW back when it first came out. We are really good freinds now even though we have never met in person. We text all the time and we talk on facebook and myspace all the time.:drunk

Tatanko
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I can't say I've met anyone in person that I've played with on Live, but I have met people that I became friends with on forums (mostly car-related)...so that sort of counts I guess. Funny thing is, when you meet people I've found that it's not usually weird at all and it's like you're reuniting with a friend you just haven't seen in a long time :p

SSJ3
05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I' ve met a couple of guys on WAW back when it first came out. We are really good freinds now even though we have never met in person. We text all the time and we talk on facebook and myspace all the time.:drunk

The thread is about meeting up face to face.

Eladoruw
05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Funny thing is, when you meet people I've found that it's not usually weird at all and it's like you're reuniting with a friend you just haven't seen in a long time :p

This is soo true.

I haven't met any people through live, but I've met 5 people irl that I knew from World of Warcraft.

Deyankees1
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Yup met 3 guys. One while playing Rainbow Six Vegas, He clicked with my Gears 1 team instantly so he joined out team. The others were through Gears 1 even thou they knew my friend that I knew already personally so they were trust worthy. Now were all really close friends. We even went to the Midnight release for Gears 2 my whole Gears 2 buddies since we all live so close. Their like family now :) play with them everyday.

lordthrash
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Most of the people on my friends list are family and close friends. There is a couple i would like to meet but haven't yet though.

X360a Licey
05-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I met someone who lives close to me. At first it was pretty awkward but it turned into a right laugh :D

Kamusa
05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I haven't but I think its a good idea

siamese snake
05-04-2010, 02:54 AM
I've met up with about 10 people off live.

In january I met up with two brothers and we went out on a pub crawl.Woke up the next day still pissed.

Plan on doing that again soon.:drunk

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-04-2010, 03:02 AM
No but I am friends with a guy who is coming down to my area during summer , maybe we will meet up ? lol

oh and in case xK1NG L30N1D4Sx sees the thread , ITS JETBLADEZ !!!! lol

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-04-2010, 03:51 AM
well I almost met in person once... but didn't with 1 friend i met on xbl which I've now known for 4 years

Secret 5quirrel
05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Ive never met anyone off live but back when i played WoW our guild all had a meet up and a night out drinking in town, Ive become really good mates with a few of them now and we regularly meet up every couple of months. Having said that on WoW you speak to the same people pretty much everytime your on, all the time and use vent/ team speak so you do get to know people pretty well unlike live when you play with randoms half the time.

European Gangsta
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Well I met a load off people from my friend's (well was my friend) school and I'm really good mates with them. I would never have met if it wasn't for XBL.

Dustinator
05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
I haven't met up with anyone IRL that I've know through LIVE, but I do want to meet one guy. We've been boosting games over 4 years now and it'd be nice to meet him. He's even suggested I come out too. We don't game as much together anymore(once or twice a month) since he has a kids now. And I understand that totally. Cept he moved further away. To Pennsylvania. LOL Maybe someday we'll meet up.....

lenny m
05-04-2010, 06:02 PM
not i know in person but a few on X360a

spearian
05-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I would like to meet up with everyone in this thread!

RudeBoy TK
05-06-2010, 02:29 AM
yes i date with a sexxiej lady from my country i found her in gta party mode hahaha