PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton + Moonspell = epic win

ApochWeiss
05-03-2010, 06:45 AM
No, Tim Burton and Gothic Metal act Moonspell are not teaming up, but I found a band that comes so insanely close it's...well...insane! The Vision Bleak is a German metal act, and they just issued their fourth CD. Got it here for review, and am doing questions for an e-mail interview with them. I was not prepared for what hit. Check this out

YouTube- The Vision Bleak - I Dined with the Swans (Kvarforth on Vox)

I chose that to show the more Tim Burton aspect the music has. I honestly just picture an evil Jack Skellington singing it. If you guys like it, check out their album, as there's some REALLY good music on it that you won't typically find.

I also couldn't help but throw this video on here as it's really a powerful song that makes me want to put on a loincloth and pick up a sword to go to war.

YouTube- The Vision Bleak - A Curse Of The Grandest Kind

I really wonder why Hot Topic hasn't tried to rape this band yet...

Tussell
05-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. The past few bands you've recommended to me were more on the mediocre side, however, The Vision Bleak is absolutely amazing!

It's weird though, just solely based on the album art, I knew it would be interesting. I really dig it!

ApochWeiss
05-03-2010, 07:00 AM
The past few bands you've recommended to me were more on the mediocre side

Heh, that's because there's nothing original or unique. It's sad. I try to recommend the best I find but this is just so unique. sadly, I did find one track that ultimately was just boring as hell which keeps this album from getting a perfect score, but there's just so much right with it it's hard to put it down for the one song.

BarbaricGoose
05-03-2010, 09:25 AM
it's really a powerful song that makes me want to put on a loincloth and pick up a sword to go to war.

I hope it also makes you want to get hop into a time machine so you can go back to when a sword and loincloth would've been prudent when it comes to war. :p

Anyhow, I enjoyed the second song quite a bit. Not so much the first. It's definitely a unique band, though. Haven't really been digging metal as of late, but this is good. Renews my faith a bit.