PDA

View Full Version : Is Game Room dead?

TwistedEuclid
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
My instinct as a gamer/consumer tells me this project is dying :( Big layoffs at Krome, huge delays, no information given.. hell, even stupid stuff like wrong info on the ticker tape in games (Game Pack 2 coming soon!)

What does everyone think?

sweatdog
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Microsoft has spent a lot promoting this thing. My gut tells me that Krome's out of the picture since the layoffs and Microsoft's trying to get another developer to take over the project, hence the delays and lack of communication.

KNIGHTOFSERA
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
kinda wierd that this thing was pretty hyped by microsoft,and nothing has come out since original release.....dont think its dead....but I dont think its as alive as it should be

Dead Space Girl
05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
No, Game Room called me just the other day and was all like "Heyyyyyyy girl, what's snappenin'?! You wanna go to Spaggo's with me?" And I was all like "IDK, last time you said you were going to pick up the check and you totes didn't." And Game Room was all like "Nah girl, don't be playin' me like that! You know I'm good for it, I'm all alive and kickin' up in this mother!"

To summarize, that doesn't sound like the words of someone who is supposed to be dead.

linktriforce007
05-03-2010, 10:25 PM
No, Game Room called me just the other day and was all like "Heyyyyyyy girl, what's snappenin'?! You wanna go to Spaggo's with me?" And I was all like "IDK, last time you said you were going to pick up the check and you totes didn't." And Game Room was all like "Nah girl, don't be playin' me like that! You know I'm good for it, I'm all alive and kickin' up in this mother!"

To summarize, that doesn't sound like the words of someone who is supposed to be dead.

That's hysterical! XD

But, just because they aren't pumpin out the games the day they said they would, doesn't mean it's a dead horse. Hell, if it was; would we still be kickin it?

Spoony Bard
05-04-2010, 05:00 AM
With supposedly 100's of titles planned to get the Game Room treatment, it's far from dead. My excitement over the whole concept however, is another story.

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I think it's doing well for all the set backs it had. I still see people on my friends list playing it and would probably play it more with new games, which I'm excited for myself. I honestly am enjoying the Game Room more then some of the games available now. I doubt it's gonna die any time soon, especially since many completionists got fucked over already and got 5 pts tacked to their card without even really doing anything haha.

I personally am up to 800 pts, and I'm looking forward to getting more games when they come out. I'm grabbing two when they drop this morning and thinking MAYBE I'll grab a $20 card later today to get more instead of groceries haha.