PDA

View Full Version : XBL Friend's Online Status Changed

snipingheadshot
05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure what is normal, but currently I can only see how long ago my friends were online only if they were on their xbox, not if they signed onto xbox.com. Something changed several months ago and it used to show me their status regardless of how they signed on. When I look at other people's friend's lists, it says they were online 2 days ago, but it says 20 days ago on mine because they signed onto xbox.com and didn't get on their xbox. I know it's stupid to obsess about it, but does anybody know what changed or how to change it so I can see whenever they sign onto their account? If I'm not clear, just say so and I'll try to clarify.

SSJ3
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
You can only see if they were on Xbox.com on Xbox.com.

snipingheadshot
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
You can only see if they were on Xbox.com on Xbox.com.

That's not what I'm saying. After they had signed out of xbox.com, it used to say how long ago they signed out, but now it only says when they were last online if they were on their xbox. BTW I am looking at their online status from my xbox, not xbox.com.

SSJ3
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
That's not what I'm saying. After they had signed out of xbox.com, it used to say how long ago they signed out, but now it only says when they were last online if they were on their xbox. BTW I am looking at their online status from my xbox, not xbox.com.

I don't get what your asking then , If I went offline now it would say for everybody offline for one minute.

snipingheadshot
05-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't get what your asking then , If I went offline now it would say for everybody offline for one minute.

Let's say I was on my xbox and you were on my friends list and you were last online 10 days ago. Then you signed onto xbox.com and got off. It wouldn't say last online 1 minute ago, it would still say 10 days ago. But it used to tell me when they were last online whether my friends were on their xbox or xbox.com. Is that more clear? I know it's confusing.

SSJ3
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Let's say I was on my xbox and you were on my friends list and you were last online 10 days ago. Then you signed onto xbox.com and got off. It wouldn't say last online 1 minute ago, it would still say 10 days ago. But it used to tell me when they were last online whether my friends were on their xbox or xbox.com. Is that more clear? I know it's confusing.

Oh right lol, I think they got rid of it with one of the dashboard updates.

sak7395
05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
if they were seen on xbox.com it would say last seen on xbox.com

snipingheadshot
05-03-2010, 09:40 PM
if they were seen on xbox.com it would say last seen on xbox.com

Not if I'm on my xbox...

Seddo
05-03-2010, 09:53 PM
You can only see if they've been last seen on Xbox.com if you're viewing on Xbox.com yourself.

If you're looking at their 'last seen' status via the 360 then it will only tell you the last time they've been on the 360 regardless if they've logged on via Xbox.com or not.

Crimson Ridley
05-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, before an update, it used to say "Last seen 5 minutes ago" if they logged off of Xbox.com 5 minutes ago. But after the update, it'll only tell you if they were on Xbox.com if you are on Xbox.com.

It's annoying really, as there was no reason to get rid of it.

lordthrash
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, the update got rid of this feature. Sometimes though it still won't tell me they were online last whenever, even when we have played a few games an hour or so ago. Weird.

Mister Buds
05-03-2010, 11:54 PM
it's like this on my xbox as well. however it is not for a lot of my friends. i frequently get invites to parties when i'm on xbox.com and not on my xbox. does anyone know why this is? i can't understand why statuses would by different for different people.

EDIT: also, i know this is happening too, because my second account can see when my main account was last on xbox.com. for instance if i haven't been on my main account in 20 hours, but i checked xbox.com 10 hours ago, if i sign into my second account, it will say my main account was last online 10 hours ago.

so yeah, i don't understand why people see my status as when i was last on xbox.com.

snipingheadshot
05-04-2010, 02:16 AM
But after the update, it'll only tell you if they were on Xbox.com if you are on Xbox.com.

Then why can I see someone's status as last online 5 minutes ago when they were on xbox.com, on a friend's FL and not on mine?