PDA

View Full Version : rep info

jeffy x360a
05-04-2010, 12:07 AM
can anyone give me a link or explain how the rep system works. xbox.com doesnt explain very well. my rep is taking a beating in super street fighter 4. it went from 72% good to 57% good on 48 hours. i just fight to win. i hardly chat at all.

so does rep slowly reset or do i have to just get people to give me good rep? how low can my % get before i lose a star.

Genesis x360a
05-04-2010, 12:13 AM
In 2 words - Fucking Broken! The rep system is broken as hell and it doesnt work at all imo and you cant lose stars no matter how low it goes, it doesnt reset and you will have to get people to refer you if you want to get it back up. Tbh dont worry about it the rep system is stupid lol

Takamura Bear
05-04-2010, 12:23 AM
In 2 words - Fucking Broken! The rep system is broken as hell and it doesnt work at all imo and you cant lose stars no matter how low it goes, it doesnt reset and you will have to get people to refer you if you want to get it back up. Tbh dont worry about it the rep system is stupid lol

Pretty much this.

The rep system is garbage and does nothing. Try to avoid a player and you'll still end up in matches with them.

Load of bollocks.

SSJ3
05-04-2010, 12:29 AM
I've heard people say that if it falls under 10% you get suspended, But that might be BS.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-04-2010, 12:47 AM
I've heard people say that if it falls under 10% you get suspended, But that might be BS.

No that is wrong , very wrong , last year I had 3 % good rep and I have never been banned / suspended

marzipanninja
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Pretty much everytime someone doesnt rate you using rep microsoft scores it as being a positive so more than likely(as ive heard) a lot of people who play Streetfighter can be a little aggresive and as you beat them and messed with their win/loss stats they probably complained to try and avoid you in future. You should actually see it as a compliment. IM at a 72-28 ratio but in my detailed stats it says 57% of those who avoided me said i was unsporting(they are bad losers!!!) but all my other categories are at 0 so it leads me to believe 43% of people dont exist.

jeffy x360a
05-04-2010, 01:05 AM
thanks for the info all.

im like 395 matches played with 315 wins around 79% wins my rep is mostly unsporting and i agree thats just crap people who suck give you bad rep. if you suck horribly i dont wanna fight you again anyway.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-04-2010, 01:07 AM
thanks for the info all.

im like 395 matches played with 315 wins around 79% wins my rep is mostly unsporting and i agree thats just crap people who suck give you bad rep. if you suck horribly i dont wanna fight you again anyway.

Ah unsportsmanship how I love thee I remember back in the CoD 4 days were I would whip out the RPG in Hardcore SnD and kill my whole team , Bye Bye my 80 % good rep hello 3 % good rep :D

jeffy x360a
05-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Ah unsportsmanship how I love thee I remember back in the CoD 4 days were I would whip out the RPG in Hardcore SnD and kill my whole team , Bye Bye my 80 % good rep hello 3 % good rep :D

heheh i guess if you dont lose stars or cant get in trouble ill keep winning. theres a ssf4 achieve where you need to rank up all characters to rank C im sure ill lose my 79% win rate once i start going for that. let the sore losers bad rep me. ive gotten crushed plenty of times and i send the guy a message like damn nice (inser character here) you really worked me.

Seraph Xii
05-04-2010, 07:56 AM
The rep system is pointless. Everybody has 5 stars, even the assholes.
On mine I've gotten bad rep before for abusive language and trash talking lol I NEVER use my mic.

The only bad rep I get is from retarded whiny kids after I win or do something they don't like and I'm sure that's the case with almost everybody. Good rep seems harder to come by and yet we all have 5 stars anyway.

domn8rdom
05-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I saw a video on the dashboard on Xbox 101 talking about Rep with Major Nelson. Go check it out, he will explain it best for you

neodante1330
05-05-2010, 03:35 AM
ya cause all you do is spam low blows.Ive played you and thats all you do. Maybe if you tried to i dont know maybe play right you wouldnt get so much bad reb

DOOKH8R
05-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Pretty much everytime someone doesnt rate you using rep microsoft scores it as being a positive so more than likely(as ive heard) a lot of people who play Streetfighter can be a little aggresive and as you beat them and messed with their win/loss stats they probably complained to try and avoid you in future. You should actually see it as a compliment. IM at a 72-28 ratio but in my detailed stats it says 57% of those who avoided me said i was unsporting(they are bad losers!!!) but all my other categories are at 0 so it leads me to believe 43% of people dont exist.

That 43% of people avoided you for one of the 3 categories that don't show on the screen. To paraphrase, too good, lacks skill, and unfamiliar with the game are the other choices which don't show up in the avoided breakdown

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 05:59 AM
I absolutely love the category you can report someone negatively for about not being good enough at the game. That one makes me laugh hysterically. I had people report me for that. No shit, dumbass, the game just dropped TODAY and it's round one on-line, excuse me I didn't waste 12 hours learning the fucking sniping spots for Christ's sake! Oh your number one? I've got your number one right here, too bad it's all blurred and junk. Oh, ok, go whine to your mommy now punk. Grow a set, or in your case mr. five year old, LET 'EM DROP!

moral? Rep fails, and only the kids think it means anything. :D play to win and if what the other guy said is true and you use low blows, then he fails at the game because he can't find a way to counter the low blows ;) REPORT HIS ASS FOR NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH! Muahahaha

BM6T
05-05-2010, 06:01 AM
ya cause all you do is spam low blows.Ive played you and thats all you do. Maybe if you tried to i dont know maybe play right you wouldnt get so much bad reb

And maybe if YOU played right (and by right I mean well) then someone that spams one attack wouldn't be able to beat you, and you wouldn't get all butthurt and leave false feedback on them. Just a thought. You know who sucks worse than spammers/button mashers? The people that lose to the spammers/button mashers.

I absolutely love the category you can report someone negatively for about not being good enough at the game. That one makes me laugh hysterically. I had people report me for that.

How do you know? It doesn't show the too good/too bad ratings in the summary.

neodante1330
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
oh im sorry i seem to have missed that part in the challeges that says hey spam B on the ground until you win.

guillermo316
05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
make your friends rate you good.!

Stevo_safc
05-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Its messed up, I have 86% avoided, most of which is for unsporting.

TacticalTodger
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
mine is 57% unsporting, can't remember the rest I know it's a lot of unsporting, the otherday a group of 6 on call of duty file complaints against me due to me beating them all in a S&D match

sak7395
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
when i avoid players it works it helps a lot and yeah its crap just get 5 stars and ulook cool

veece16
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I wish Microsoft would take the rep system off, every now and then I'll get messages asking for good rep or a friend that wants me to bad rep some guy with a mod on MW2.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
It is completely broken, as Genesis x360a said.
Let me explain.
My rep is: 45% preferred you, or did not submit a review about you.
55% Avoided you.

I got a friend to submit a negative review on my tag, and the Avoidance % (Which was 53% before he submitted the review) increased by 2%, to 55%.

This means, that one person is 2%.
100/2 = 50.

Apparently I have only played with 50 people.

Considering I am tenth prestige on COD4; fourth on MW2; a reasonable (well, pathetic) rank on Halo 3; and I have every achievement on Midnight Club LA, I have played with thousands of players, so my friends negative response should have been a fraction of a %, rather than 2%.
In order to fix this, all Microsoft have to do is change "...preferred you, or did not submit a review", to "...preferred you." This would now take into account only those who have given you positive or negative rep, rather than everybody who you play with.

I agree with veece16 - the Rep system should be abolished, but the avoid system should stay as it is. (It should be changed so there is no rep, no 'Zone', and no 5 Star rating. Just the avoid player function)

In addition to what I have said, the Rep system is completely pointless anyway. People abuse it by filing a complaint and giving bad rep simply because they can't hack it that you beat them, and you play with so many people, it is stupid to expect someone to give positive or negative rep to every player they play with.

veece16
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
It is completely broken, as Genesis x360a said.
Let me explain.
My rep is: 45% preferred you, or did not submit a review about you.
55% Avoided you.

I got a friend to submit a negative review on my tag, and the Avoidance % (Which was 53% before he submitted the review) increased by 2%, to 55%.

This means, that one person is 2%.
100/2 = 50.

Apparently I have only played with 50 people.

Considering I am tenth prestige on COD4; fourth on MW2; a reasonable (well, pathetic) rank on Halo 3; and I have every achievement on Midnight Club LA, I have played with thousands of players, so my friends negative response should have been a fraction of a %, rather than 2%.

I agree with veece16 - the Rep system should be abolished, but the avoid system should stay as it is. (It should be changed so there is no rep, no 'Zone', and no 5 Star rating. Just the avoid player function)

That would be a good idea. I had an idea where the zones could change where instead of, pro or family, it could be more about the gamer's play style, like competative or noob so you play with people more around your skill levle on all games.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
That would be a good idea. I had an idea where the zones could change where instead of, pro or family, it could be more about the gamers play style, like competitive or noob so you play with people more around your skill level on all games.

I suppose that would be better, but my personal opinion is that Microsoft should simply remove the rep, stars and zone, and replace it with the recently played games like the gamer card on the top left of my computer screen on this website. (Using the default x360a layout)

veece16
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I suppose that would be better, but my personal opinion is that Microsoft should simply remove the rep, stars and zone, and replace it with the recently played games like the gamer card on the top left of my computer screen on this website. (Using the default x360a layout)

Something along those lines, so people wouldn't have to worry about their rep or some useless stars.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Something along those lines, so people wouldn't have to worry about their rep or some useless stars.

Agreed. It needs to be changed...

ghostbusters16
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
All these ideas actually sound feasible, I haven't played on LIVE very much but it would be nice not having some rep or stars that show what type of gamers we are.