PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think Microsoft Customer Support is so bad?

Nagatochi
05-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I think Microsoft Customer Support is bad because I sent an e-mail asking and complaining why I can't play my BOUGHT Indie games when I'm not signed into Xbox LIVE a few days ago and I got an automated e-mail back giving me information on the symptoms of the Red Ring of Death.

You know, I think they did that on purpose just to piss me off because I said that Indie games being unplayable offline was stupid. Really? Real mature, Microsoft.

UK Dennis
05-04-2010, 01:21 AM
i doubt they are trying to piss you off.
I have only had to contact them once, and that was to cancel my renewal. Got through it in 5 minutes, sure he spoke quiet and i couldnt hear a lot of what he was saying but it didnt bother me that much

StolenPaper18
05-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Why are they so bad? Just because they can be....People still buy their products and they continue to make money, so why should they bother changing anything? The reason the actual individuals are bad is because they know absolutely nothing about any of the products. They sit in front of computers with different scripts to read off to you when you have a problem.

In my experience with them you can actually get the exact help that you need from them, if it is possible, you just have to be extremely patient with them.

Nagatochi
05-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Why are they so bad? Just because they can be....People still buy their products and they continue to make money, so why should they bother changing anything? The reason the actual individuals are bad is because they know absolutely nothing about any of the products. They sit in front of computers with different scripts to read off to you when you have a problem.

In my experience with them you can actually get the exact help that you need from them, if it is possible, you just have to be extremely patient with them.

Why should we be patient to get good service? We buy their products, they could at least help us with our issues with THEIR products.

Sampson
05-04-2010, 01:50 AM
For me they were actually very helpful. I called them for my Xbox360 getting the RROD and they told me exactly what to do. Where to mail it to, when I should get it back, etc. I got it back after only about 3 days. They're awesome!

R Rated Love
05-04-2010, 02:37 AM
For what it's worth, I've had nothing but good experiences with Microsoft's customer service.

Buck a Fuffaloe
05-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Because they can't fucking speak english and you have no idea what they're saying.
:p

But it's customer service for big business. Most of it is terrible and Microsoft is no different.

dakisbac
05-04-2010, 04:56 AM
I think Microsoft Customer Support is bad because I sent an e-mail asking and complaining why I can't play my BOUGHT Indie games when I'm not signed into Xbox LIVE a few days ago and I got an automated e-mail back giving me information on the symptoms of the Red Ring of Death.

You know, I think they did that on purpose just to piss me off because I said that Indie games being unplayable offline was stupid. Really? Real mature, Microsoft.

You can't play the game due to a shitty little thing called DRM.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169568

ogbross
05-04-2010, 05:10 AM
I live in Canada. If I have an issue with Xbox I dont speak to a Canadian. I speak to a broken english Middle Eastern fuck. I cant understand what he says, after an hour of his ramblings still nothing is solved.

ogbross
05-04-2010, 05:12 AM
i doubt they are trying to piss you off.
I have only had to contact them once, and that was to cancel my renewal. Got through it in 5 minutes, sure he spoke quiet and i couldnt hear a lot of what he was saying but it didnt bother me that much

Cancel your renewal? Did they happen to remove the credit card or tell you they can only remove the renewal feature?

A ZombieTwinkie
05-04-2010, 06:43 AM
I've had to get a hold of them once because my 360 Red Ringed. Didn't have any problems. The lady I talked to was a little soft spoken, but I had no problems with 'em.

JesusBread
05-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Cancel your renewal? Did they happen to remove the credit card or tell you they can only remove the renewal feature?

I think this was back when you couldn't take the CC off your account and it auto-renewed no matter what. I think it's changed now.

Seraph Xii
05-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Because they don't care enough about their customers to support them :p

dakisbac
05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I live in Canada. If I have an issue with Xbox I dont speak to a Canadian. I speak to a broken english Middle Eastern fuck. I cant understand what he says, after an hour of his ramblings still nothing is solved.

Easy way to get around this. Ensure you talk to a Canadian by requesting to speak in French. Once you've got the French person on the line tell them it was a mistake and you want English.

mosin360
05-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I've only had to call them once and they were very helpful. Sure, she was a bit hard to understand but she did what I wanted in good time.

I think all the people who QQ about it might be part of the issue if not all the issue.

Giptuc
05-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Because they can't fucking speak english and you have no idea what they're saying.
:p.

Dingdingdingdingding.

Schism
05-05-2010, 01:08 AM
i hate when you have to read them your gamertag or tell them a number.....
me- "oh its S...C...H.."
them- "F...B...A?"
me- "no S...C..H"
them-" oh no S.C.H?"
me- "no! S...C...H!"
them- "ohhh ohh okay....NoSCH is your gamertag?"

>________<

go through that process for about ten minutes >:I
i dont think i have ever been matched up with someone that speaks proper english...
>_<

DOOKH8R
05-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Because they are:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0440222664.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

gamerguy69
05-05-2010, 05:02 AM
You can't play the game due to a shitty little thing called DRM.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169568

I suppose you're right but there is a bigger issue here.

I've bought Arcade games off the MarketPlace and I can play those while I'm offline if I'm on the same console and profile that downloaded it. Even my other profiles are able to play the game ON or OFFline.

There is something with INDIE games that is different. Even after you bought and it is downloaded onto your HDD, you must be signed in to Xbox LIVE in order to play it.

I know all about the license transfers (1 per year) that you are allowed when you get a new or repaired console.

This is different. Even when you download an INDIE game TRIAL version it is unplayable if you are not signed into LIVE.

Try it yourself. Download an INDIE trial version. Pull your ethernet/wireless plug. Go to Game Library and try to play TRIAL version.

Arcade TRIAL versions don't need to be signed into LIVE. :confused:

BooseyGirl
05-05-2010, 05:08 AM
I think it's bad because of all the outsourced non-English speaking associates who I can't understand. I find it funny how I'm speaking to a man named "Larry" who sounds like Jeff Dunham's Achmed, with a much thicker accent.

Langeboy
05-05-2010, 05:14 AM
It's a lot better than a lot of other services. I'd much rather call Microsoft than Apple.

OG Baker224
05-05-2010, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=Buck a Fuffaloe;3054670]Because they can't fucking speak english and you have no idea what they're saying.
:p

This ones the winner

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 05:46 AM
They read from automated prompts like all other customer service call centers. You aren't necessarily calling Microsoft directly, it's probably outsourced somewhere. So, you get people reading from prompts is all. Which is why it fails. None of these people KNOW your problems, or probably even game. Half of them are unable to speak english or have a thick Indian accent which drives you crazy, and since none of them even want to be there they dont' give a rat's ass. I know I don't, I work for a call center too and it sucks but it's a job and a pay check.

My favorites are the ones who don't give a rat's ass at all and read everything on the prompt.

Ok, step one. Please sir or madam or insert name here, turn off your xbox 360 console and then try turning it back on again.

ToxicKookie
05-05-2010, 06:51 AM
I've had to call support many times over the years, and out of more than 50 calls, I've only 3 times spoken with someone I didn't have a hell of a time understanding. I realize foreign workers are cheap, but this is just BS.