PDA

View Full Version : So, how is it?

zagnoth
05-04-2010, 04:12 AM
I've been waiting for this game for a while now, but I can't play it due to unforeseen circumstances, but I do have my copy. Any thoughts, or feelings on how the game is, please no spoilers.

Wolfgg
05-04-2010, 05:34 AM
I've been waiting for this game for a while now, but I can't play it due to unforeseen circumstances, but I do have my copy. Any thoughts, or feelings on how the game is, please no spoilers.

Hey, gratz on getting a copy of the game, but best wishes on overcoming the unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from playing. I wont divulge any spoilers but just today I finished Generation 1. The gameplay and combat seems simplistic at first, but their are a bunch of variables from character position to the types of attacks that can be used when two characters are attacking at the same time, its a bit difficult to explain, but in the tough fights you will be very involved when it comes to keeping a close eye on the action as it evolves. It's rare to get that type of engagement from a turn based game but this one balances all of its features in combat very well to create an engaging game.

As far as story, I am pleased so far, generation 1 offered plenty of unique dialouge options and surprise moments, its not too predictable, its effective at what it sets out to do but I imagine many being disapointed.

overall, I see this game getting beat up pretty bad from reviewers, but for fans of the genre their will be more than enough to warrant multiple playthroughs of this game

MakoAoyama
05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I'll say that so far the story has been interesting, but I've had a few issues with the game personally.

The battle system can be boring and takes to long sometimes. You can shorten the battles some by turning off the battle and move animations in options, but then the battles look bland. Take your pick, I guess.

The item system, towns, titles, and using points as a whole is identical to Cross Edge for PS3. This might have something to do with Compile Heart working on both games, but it's a little obnoxious for those of us who played Cross Edge. They should have come up with something new.

The whole game seems very slow paced for me, even on easy. I've actually not played it in about 3 days now because I was more occupied with other things than I was playing this game.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun. It's just going to take me a while to really get into it enough to finish it, and even longer to 1000 it. I'm not to happy about the fact that I'll have to play though it at least 3 times to 1000 it.

Also, the mouse pad is comfortable. Boobies, FTW.