PDA

View Full Version : MacGruber

domn8rdom
05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Is this a joke?

I mean the skits are hilarious on SNL but thats because he blows himself up everytime. This movie looks painful

YouTube- MacGruber Trailer (HD)

BarbaricGoose
05-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I love Will Forte. Him and Jason sudeikis are the only reasons I sometimes watch SNL still. I'll definitely be seeing this. I don't expect it to be great, but it should be worth some laughs.

And the MacGruber skits were great. Loved the one where he changes his name to Pepsuber.

rvlution
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking what you're thinking OP. The skits are funny for a reason and making a movie of it doesn't really seem to make sense.

KFZ Scrubs
05-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Wait, so this McGruber guy is based off a SNL skit?

sweatdog
05-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I find the sketches amusing, but I pretend to really dig them to annoy my wife who can't stand them. I doubt the movie will be all that great, but I'll probably watch it when it comes out on Blu ray.

A Satyr
05-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Wait, so this McGruber guy is based off a SNL skit? uhhh yeah

YouTube- MacGruber Pepsi ad

PHIL 421
05-04-2010, 04:01 PM
It's just A Night at the Roxbury, The Ladies Man, and Superstar all over again. SNL sucks now and this is just an attempt at making money because it's their only funny skit.

MelangeAddict
05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
God damn it. Knowing this is another SNL skit they are trying to bring to the big screen means this went from maybe watch it to renting for a dollar.

KFZ Scrubs
05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
uhhh yeah

YouTube- MacGruber Pepsi ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhKdrbRW5vY)
Meh, i don't really watch SNL is why.... got kind of lame to me.....

SSJ3
05-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I seen him when he was hosting Monday Night Raw but that is about all I want to see about it.

Starstrukk X360A
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I personally can't wait to see this movie :]
I absolutely love the MacGruber skits, and when I first heard this movie was in production I got excited.

And I'd honestly bet money the movie ends with him blowing up.

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I seen him when he was hosting Monday Night Raw but that is about all I want to see about it.

KAHLUBER!!! KAHLUBER!!!

I was quite upset they kept the Macgruber character for Raw. I HATE when they do that. I mean, he fucking blew up R-Truth? WTF IS THAT ABOUT?! Their appearance on Raw actually made me NOT want to see it, and I doubt I'll go.

But I admit when they added The Great Kahli to the Macgruber thing, I laughed. He just looked so damned out of place haha.

I'm also with a number of you guys too, I'm kinda tired of SNL making movies of their skits. I haven't watched SNL in ages, I don't find any of them to be that funny and the writing is horrible. I'd rather watch an hour of Land Shark skits then any newer episodes.

Then again, Land Shark is fucking amazing and I'd watch it over 90% of todays' television shows :D

DOOKH8R
05-05-2010, 06:49 AM

I agree, The acting, writing and cast were crap.

Gonna pass on this junk and maybe finally give in to Kick Ass

Tussell
05-05-2010, 07:02 AM
It's just A Night at the Roxbury, The Ladies Man, and Superstar all over again. SNL sucks now and this is just an attempt at making money because it's their only funny skit.
Too bad A Night At The Roxbury, Waynes World 1 & 2, and The Coneheads are all phenomenal films.

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Too bad A Night At The Roxbury, Waynes World 1 & 2, and The Coneheads are all phenomenal films.

I forgot about the Coneheads, and I agree Waynes World 1 and 2 are amazing. I forgot they were SNL related for some reason. probably because they were GOOD :P. But a Night at the Roxbury? Eh, can't agree with you there Tussell.

Tussell
05-05-2010, 07:12 AM
I forgot about the Coneheads, and I agree Waynes World 1 and 2 are amazing. I forgot they were SNL related for some reason. probably because they were GOOD :P. But a Night at the Roxbury? Eh, can't agree with you there Tussell.
What the hell is wrong with A Night At The Roxbury? Easily one of my fave's! It's a classic!

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 07:43 AM
What the hell is wrong with A Night At The Roxbury? Easily one of my fave's! It's a classic!

You can't compare Night at the Roxbury to Waynes World and Coneheads, first of all. Second of all, it's boring! At least with Waynes and Coneheads they took the core fundamentals of the SNL skits while through a good story line into it. Coneheads had a bit of an origin to it that explains the skits and also make the film stand all on it's own. Waynes World just took the skits and took them to a new level with good stories that reflect the characters and show a lot of growth. Night at the Roxbury had none of this, all they did was take the one friggin' skit of them being in a nightclub and build a generic story around it without bring any character development into it except for some kind of stereotypical improvement between the brothers when a woman came between them. I think. I forget the film, which explains how well I thought the story was.

I'd rather sit down and repeatedly watch The Muppet Christmas Carol on repeat with my nuts in a vice them watch Night at the Roxbury again.

http://punchitin.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/the-muppet-christmas-carol.jpg

All I'm sayin'.

Tussell
05-05-2010, 08:51 AM
The Muppets Christmas Carol is another classic! I have it on VHS and used to watch it religiously when I was younger.

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 09:18 AM
The Muppets Christmas Carol is another classic! I have it on VHS and used to watch it religiously when I was younger.

and to you, sir, I say....touche'

BarbaricGoose
05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I was quite upset they kept the Macgruber character for Raw. I HATE when they do that. I mean, he fucking blew up R-Truth? WTF IS THAT ABOUT?! Their appearance on Raw actually made me NOT want to see it, and I doubt I'll go.

Are you kidding?! That episode rocked! I really hope you aren't criticizing RAW for it's bad acting, or plot. I mean, "Khaluber?!" I couldn't stop laughing. That stupid jacket, the jeans, and the wig on this giant.. That was hilarious.

The brilliance is in it's stupidity. You're reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far into this. Do you actually believe there was a reason behind R-Truth's untimely passing? Well, there wasn't. It was just for the hell of it.

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Are you kidding?! That episode rocked! I really hope you aren't criticizing RAW for it's bad acting, or plot. I mean, "Khaluber?!" I couldn't stop laughing. That stupid jacket, the jeans, and the wig on this giant.. That was hilarious.

The brilliance is in it's stupidity. You're reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far into this. Do you actually believe there was a reason behind R-Truth's untimely passing? Well, there wasn't. It was just for the hell of it.

No, I found Khaluber to be insanely funny. he looked so out of place I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. I mentioned that in a post a little earlier. THAT I found was funny. I just hate when the actors do interviews or guest anything in character. Only one I can tolerate doing that is that Sascha guy, however you spell his name, who does Borat and Ali G. He's just so quick with the responses it's hysterical to watch. Well, him and Oderus Urungus of Gwar.

Now THAT is who I wanna see host Raw. Fucking Oderus. How epic would that be?

But I digress. I had no real problem with the scene of R-Truth exploding, I just kinda found it lame. I understand it goes with the skits from SNL, I looked up a few, so no worries. I dunno, I just personally don't find Macgruber to be that funny, and I think the acting of the Macgruber cast is ok from what I saw on Raw and the promos. I never have high expectations when it comes to the Raw roster's acting ability haha. Some are good, some fail. it happens. Nature of the business.

Oh well, that's my perogative on it at least. Hope that clears up some of the statements.

BarbaricGoose
05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Well, him and Oderus Urungus of Gwar.

Instead of throwing green glowsticks, he'd pull out the cuttlefish and spray everyone. Although, I'd prefer Maximus because he's an illiterate vegan. I think that'd be slightly more interesting.

Anyway, fair enough.

DOOKH8R
05-05-2010, 07:35 PM

I think you are forgetting a brilliant little film known as:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Ladies-man-movie.jpg

domn8rdom
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I think you are forgetting a brilliant little film known as:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Ladies-man-movie.jpg

haha I dont think so. I barely finished that movie. The only reason I watched this movie was Will Ferrell and the hot chick from Saved by the bell

Wasnt the Blues Brothers made from skits? I could be wrong but I thought I had seen them on SNL before the movie

CodSteaks
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
yeah, most of the recurring skits on SNL these days are crap, and making a movie from a crap skit is a horrible idea. wayne's world made for great movies, roxbury and ladies man and superstar and whatever else are mostly crap too. some funny moments in them, but moments don't make a movie.
gotta be excited to see betty white on snl this saturdy though. if they can't make funny with betty white, they should all be fired.

laundryman
05-06-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm actually pretty excited for this. I think it looks very entertaining if you take it for what it's supposed to be; pretty simple humor.

On a side note, my English teacher is named Ms. Gruber. So they have one thing in common; they are awful at their job.

Tussell
05-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Wasnt the Blues Brothers made from skits? I could be wrong but I thought I had seen them on SNL before the movie
Yeah, I feel bad for not mentioning them, I don't know how I could forget!

domn8rdom
05-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Yeah, I feel bad for not mentioning them, I don't know how I could forget!

YA! thats why I said I could be wrong cuz I figured movie guru Tussell would have mentioned Blues Brothers if they rlly were a SNL skit

Tussell
05-06-2010, 06:35 AM
YA! thats why I said I could be wrong cuz I figured movie guru Tussell would have mentioned Blues Brothers if they rlly were a SNL skit
I'm actually surprised I forgot to mention it, I was just watching it about a month ago. I've attended about a billion re-enactments for them too! I really dig the whole Blues Brothers deal.

bapae
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
This movie looks like it could be good then again it does look like it could suck really hard too.

PHIL 421
05-08-2010, 08:06 AM
To be honest I hadn't thought of Wayne's World, The Coneheads, or Blues Brothers because I was trying to think of horrible SNL movies.

Thegreatest7884
05-09-2010, 04:17 AM
The producers can't accept the fact that they got lucky with Wayne's World and Blue Brothers. This movie will flop like the rest of the adapted skits from recent years, like Superstar or The Ladies Man.

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-09-2010, 05:24 AM
looks stupid, but will probably be funny.

gatorbait
05-11-2010, 03:07 AM
It's a pretty decent skit and I was surprised that they were going to turn it into a feature length film. The early reviews have surprisingly been positive though.